What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks should James Graham get?

How many weeks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jonno_knights

Juniors
a. It was worse than the Morrin one.

and

b. The NRL will over-react like they always do these days and he will get even more than precedent would suggest.

I think it will be the opposite, end of season + grahams higher worth to the game will lead to a more lenient penalty than he should get. If it was a guy like Corey Payne he'd get 50 weeks.

Graham should get at least 14-16, but i reckon he'll get away with 8-10.

innsaneink

Referee
Funny I saw Mike Tyson on an ad for Nine news tonite just before the GF, with Jeff fenech and a whole heap of other boxers I think it was
Tyson had a neck brace on

Hasnt Perret changed since he got to the dogs....he used to just go bout his business....now hes got a chip on both shoulders, resents being tackled...LOL dogs

Iafeta

Referee
A Cronulla Shark NYC player bit the arm of Ligi Sao on a live broadcast game. Sao complained, refs met, saw clear teeth marks, put the Sharks dude on report... they showed the replays, bite was as clear as day, Hannibal Lector like.

The Sharks player got suspended for all of... one game.

Red Bear

Referee
Should've been sent off. Should get a big suspension and will have the tag of a dirty grubby merkin as a player for the rest of his career.

Son of Minto

Bench
A Cronulla Shark NYC player bit the arm of Ligi Sao on a live broadcast game. Sao complained, refs met, saw clear teeth marks, put the Sharks dude on report... they showed the replays, bite was as clear as day, Hannibal Lector like.

The Sharks player got suspended for all of... one game.

Yep that was a joke, definitely took a bit. The Sharks players dad came out and complained about him getting a game, saying he didnt do it

"You can see the swinging left arm go straight into Daniel's mouth. That explains your teeth marks,'' he told The Sun-Herald."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...t-judiciary-20120623-20uwq.html#ixzz27wwpIzPc

:lol::lol::lol:

Wizardman

First Grade
Graham should be up for a very long holiday. The last biting incident involved Brad Morrin biting someone on the arm. He got 8 weeks for the offence.

Let us look at this offence.....

1. The man actually gnawed and chased for Billy's ear.
2. The guy had clear rage in his face. You don't bite somebody on the ear if you are a little angry.
3. Graham was not involved in the original skirmish. So, he had some sort of time to assess the situation. This shows that he had clear intent to hurt him in any way possible.
4. Billy had blood dripping from his ear.
5. Biting an ear is a lot worse than biting someones arm. It is a horrible look for our game. Considering that it is the biggest game of the year, the impact is magnified.

Mike Tyson got a year off for his stunt. The guy should be looking at 20 weeks....we don't need that in our game.

firechild

First Grade
Question...with the suspension he will no doubt cop, will that take into account trial games too? IE 12 week suspension, dogs have say 4 trial games next year, therefore graham only suspended til round 8?

Maximum of 2 trial matches count towards suspension. I think it was only 1 a few years ago but could be wrong. But they'll count internationals because they will assume he would be selected.

Hooch

Juniors
It's one of those things.

No one knows quite why he did it, or what to do about it.

'Toothpick' Graham, for mine.

Iafeta

Referee
Yep that was a joke, definitely took a bit. The Sharks players dad came out and complained about him getting a game, saying he didnt do it

"You can see the swinging left arm go straight into Daniel's mouth. That explains your teeth marks,'' he told The Sun-Herald."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...t-judiciary-20120623-20uwq.html#ixzz27wwpIzPc

:lol::lol::lol:

Some classic stuff there... lol. Everyone had a good old laugh about him getting 1 week... the sad thing is I bet James Graham and the Bulldogs try to use it as a precedent. In that sense, that joke panel that gave that dude 1 week may have inadvertently set themselves up for a public disaster.

Big Sam

First Grade
Dispicable act of thuggery from a thug team. He tried to do something similar to Burgess when they clashed earlier in the year but couldn't because Sam's not as short as Slater.

13 weeks min.

Stagger Lee

Bench
As I have already said James Graham's defence will be that he was mouth open and telling slater what a grub he is when he got hit on the head causing him to accidental bite slaters ear.

Going to need a good lawyer though

4288318-3x2-700x467.jpg

Last edited:

Spanner in the works

First Grade
shouldn't be given weeks, should be a date, ie 15 July. Given him no outs for rep games etc.

I don't know how he stayed on. surely the video ref could have had a quiet word in Archers' ear. that was enough evidence for me.

I swear there must be a disconnect on what we see and what the refs are seeing. It was clear as day on the video. As soon as Slater made the complaint they should have been reviewing that footage because it's potentially a send-off offence.

Either there is a problem with the video refs, a problem with the technology, or a problem with the rules.

Stagger Lee

Bench
I swear there must be a disconnect on what we see and what the refs are seeing. It was clear as day on the video. As soon as Slater made the complaint they should have been reviewing that footage because it's potentially a send-off offence.

Either there is a problem with the video refs, a problem with the technology, or a problem with the rules.

Oh please! :roll:

The refs did a great job and this is unfair on them. This is a job for the match review panel. Slater was able to carry on thankfully. Lets keep thing real.

Graham will get the punishment he deserves in due time.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Oh please! :roll:

The refs did a great job and this is unfair on them. This is a job for the match review panel. Slater was able to carry on thankfully. Lets keep thing real.

Graham will get the punishment he deserves in due time.

Yeah fine, the refs were good for most of the game. But that was yet another incident they got wrong. Blind Freddy could see Graham bit him and he should have been binned at inimum. Blind Freddy could see Foran knocked on. Blind Freddy could see Slater dropped the ball. And Blind Freddy can see the refs are incompetent.

Hooch

Juniors
You're luck an experienced ref in Archer was there and just knocked it on the head, you don't want to start using the video ref for ruling on biting allegations during a match.

Same for squirrel grips.

LeedsRhinos

Juniors
This was low even for a scumbag like Graham but he has always had this in him.

Typical Scouse behaviour, you can take the lad out of Liverpool but can't take the Liverpool out of the lad, Graham has lost 6 grand finals in 6 years.

Last edited: