What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks?

slippersnz

Juniors
high.gif

SSFC Hitman

Juniors
Find the Mick Crocker tackle on Shane Rigon earlier this year. the tackle was similar not as bad though (just) and he got 8 weeks or something (and sent off)

here is a pic:

crocker_narrowweb__300x417,0.jpg

Kiwi

First Grade
thats bad, I don't normally say this, but he should have been sent from the field, that was a shocker.

If he gets less than 6 weeks for that, the N in NRL obviously stands for Newcastle.

spider

Coach
They will find something to sweeten the taste of all this - what exactly we will have to wait to find out and laugh at.

Mr Saab

Referee
Paul Harragon " Its not Dannys go at all, and if you look at the footage you will see that Luke Davico contributed to the tackle"

Ice777

Bench
That's the first i've seen it as we didn't get the game on down here until 12.30am so i couldn't watch it as i had to work this morning :x

Anyway my verdict is it wouldn't surprise me at all if he didn't play again this finals series and even the first couple of games next season. On the other hand given the inconsistancy the judiciary displays i also wouldn't be at all surprised if he does play again this finals series and the first couple of games next year. But if they were fair dinkum you'd reckon he'd get at least 3 and anything up to 5.

Ice777

Bench
Mr Saab said:
Paul Harragon " Its not Dannys go at all, and if you look at the footage you will see that Luke Davico contributed to the tackle"

Yep i looked at the footage Chief and all i saw was the player was well and truly in the upright position before Davico even touched him and even then he never really contributed to it at all. I don't mind you Chief, but that was a sh*t call :sarcasm:

innsaneink

Referee
Ice777 said:
That's the first i've seen it as we didn't get the game on down here until 12.30am so i couldn't watch it as i had to work this morning :x

Anyway my verdict is it wouldn't surprise me at all if he didn't play again this finals series and even the first couple of games next season. On the other hand given the inconsistancy the judiciary displays i also wouldn't be at all surprised if he does play again this finals series and the first couple of games next year. But if they were fair dinkum you'd reckon he'd get at least 3 and anything up to 5.

Well....I suggest you keep your opinion until you see it all.
The above clip makes it look a lot worse that it really is, imo.
You only see half here.
Momentum plays a big part in this incident, Ive seen many many worse....grade 1, one week imo.

spider

Coach
Mr Saab said:

:lol:

He cant be serious - actually he probably is, more fool him.

spider

Coach
innsaneink said:
Well....I suggest you keep your opinion until you see it all.
The above clip makes it look a lot worse that it really is, imo.
You only see half here.
Momentum plays a big part in this incident, Ive seen many many worse....grade 1, one week imo.

Q - if the tackle was exactly, and i mean exactly the same, but the player is stretchered from the field. Would you make the same statement? Danny lifts the player, he goes over the horizontal, and impacts on his neck - there lie all the indicators they will consider in passing judgement.

I bet Crocker awaits in anticipation for the verdict.

Mr Saab

Referee
innsaneink said:

Ink ink ink...momentum does play a part, but it is also the responsibility of Buderus not to put him in that position.
This better not turn into a Finch/Schifcofske 2004 (1st vs 8th semi) debacle when they said Schif contributed to the tackle by twisting his body in order to get to the ground faster.

Johns Magic

Referee
I thought the momentum made it look alot worse than it really was, but 4 weeks off is still in order.