What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much longer will the Raiders endure with David Furner

Raider_69

Post Whore
Thats not my opionion mate
just what ive heard is what the clubs thoughs are on the matter

im torn, i agree at their age Cornish looks the better prospect but Williams is a talent, a real one too
Tough calls have got to be made.
The club has got to make their call and ill back their judgement on young talent. If they feel Williams is not the future and Cornish is. So be it, it might come back to haunt them, it might not. At their age level its a real 50/50 call and in 2 years time i think we will be talking up Milford more than either of them

tough call, trust the scouts.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Meanwhile, Canberra have decided to appeal the $10,000 fine their coach, David Furner, was hit with in a breach notice from the league as a result of comments he made at a post-match media conference on Sunday. The Raiders had been beaten 18-12 by Manly at Brookvale Oval.
The ARL Commission said yesterday: ''The breach notice follows comments Mr Furner made questioning the impartiality of the referees, specifically: 'I don't think anyone expected us to come here and win, and maybe not them.'
''The NRL has clear guidelines in relation to coaches commenting on referees that allow every opportunity to question and even criticise individual decisions or a general refereeing performance. These guidelines, however, do not permit coaches, officials, or players to question the integrity of a referee or accuse officials of bias.''
Furner said that at no point did he intend to question the integrity of Jared Maxwell and Tony de las Heras, the referees who handled the match, adding: ''We're definitely going to appeal it.''
The ARLC's general manager of football operations, Nathan McGuirk, said questioning a match official's integrity was ''unacceptable''.
''There was a clear inference in Mr Furner's comments that the match officials had a pre-determined view of the result of the game," he added.
Canberra have struggled this season and Furner was angry with a penalty count of 8-3 against the Raiders. ''Now, we're not nearly a three times worse side in discipline than Manly,'' Furner said on Sunday.

LINK

skeepe

Immortal
Isn't it funny how whenever accusations that a referee has gone into a match with a pre-determined view of how it will unfold, that referee is ALWAYS Jared Maxwell.

And I mean ALWAYS.

sydraider

First Grade
Dave Furner has promised to take the Raiders back to the 'Glory Days'.

Just as soon as he can get the Delorean up to 88mph.

Cryptic

Juniors
Again... The PLAYERS all need to be sacked not the coach... An NO POINT does the coach tell them to defend like complete f**king geniuss.... EVERY SINGLE PLAYER OUT THERE SHOULD BE f**kING SACKED.... Croker can't f**king kick, and the forwards can't f**king tackle... PATHETIC.... Go ahead, get EVERY SINGLE COACH in the NRL to coach us and we STILL lose.... The players are shit... sack them f**king all...

sydraider

First Grade
Again... The PLAYERS all need to be sacked not the coach... An NO POINT does the coach tell them to defend like complete f**king geniuss.... EVERY SINGLE PLAYER OUT THERE SHOULD BE f**kING SACKED.... Croker can't f**king kick, and the forwards can't f**king tackle... PATHETIC.... Go ahead, get EVERY SINGLE COACH in the NRL to coach us and we STILL lose.... The players are shit... sack them f**king all...

You deadset have the best dealer in town!

The team that spanked us tonight are a classic example of what a decent coach can do to change things.

bileduct

Coach
You're a f**kin' idiot.

The majority of our players would be welcomed into other clubs and would be named in the top 17.

Furner has no idea what to do with the talent at his disposal, and has done NOTHING to fix the defensive problem with Williams and Croker that is obvious to everyone including Ray f**kin' Charles.

The players obviously don't respect him, otherwise Dugan and Ferguson wouldn't be sitting out the game, would they. We're mid f**king season and Furner has to resort to sitting out players in order to assert his authority. Given where we are on the ladder, do you see that as a sign of stability?

Get real ya f**kin' dunce cap.

You cant sack all the players , lets be realistic.

In any sporting organisation the buck stops with the coach , he is entrusted to get the results and when they dont then they are the ones that pay the price.

Im not saying the players shouldnt be accountable , because they should be and their arses should be kicked over these performances. Id imagine DF is doing that but he isnt getting the response or reaction from the players.

I also have to question the defensive structures. we have had a few different players in the backline yet they are all making the same mistakes in defence.

legend

Coach
We are an absolute disgrace! The players don't have the skills to do the basics right. For everything good McCrone does, he f**ks up half a dozen other things.

Sam Williams? WTF happened to him? He is useless!

Tonight it looked like an under sixes side going up against an under 16's, the difference in skill level was that great.

Cryptic, are you Furner in disguise? Fair dinkum, you are delusional!

shear_joy9

Coach

is that you McIntyre?

f**k off with the furner apologist shit. The guy is a useless coach.

the squad, junior base and facilities available in canberra is pretty much only bettered by brisbane. There is no excuse why the raiders shouldn't be in the 8 every year at bare minimum.

bileduct

Coach
Let's get real, all of the clubs spend the same amount on players. If our 17 sucks, well, who picks them each week? On whose advice does the club sign and retain them?

In my opinion, the mistake the club made is investing way too heavily in our Toyota Cup talent and pushing them into first grade too early. Maybe, just maybe we could have gotten away with it if he had strong senior leadership and an experienced coach, but we had neither.

I remember looking at the stats last year and on average we fielded the most inexperienced team every week and it shows with every performance. It also wasn't a surprise to see that the more experienced teams, as shown by cumulative game stats, pretty much aligned with how the teams ended up on the ladder - with the exception of the Titans.

I can understand maybe a Craig Bellamy taking on a team like the Raiders, as he is a proven entity when it comes to turning average talent into a functioning member of a team (Adam Blair), but what the f**k did Furner ever do to give anyone the confidence he was going to be able to do the same? And then sign him up for six years?

Despite what the f**kin clowns on the board say in public, you would have to suspect they are privately questioning their decision to sign Furner up to such a long contract. I hope they understand that they have put this ridiculous unwavering loyalty to the Furner family ahead of the well being of the club. If they don't get it soon we are doomed.

Timbo

Staff member
Our structure is non-existent. As my mate said tonight - does Croker not have shoulders, or is just unaware he can use them?

He can't coach. We were a rabble tonight. The score line does not reflect how poor we were.

Boganater

Juniors
Bellamy can take a forward pack of misfits and has beens and turn them into world beaters.
Furner has the roster to dominate and doesn't.
He obviously can't get the players to buy into his plans (whatever they are) and that's his problem not the players. If it was 2-3 players at fault maybe you could blame them, but not the whole team.

mongoose

Coach
The team gave up on 2012 after Campese was gone for the season. Dugan and Ferguson being dropped just compounded the lack of effort and confidence in this game. Wouldnt surprise me if Furner has written off the season and is just waiting for 2013 when Campese is back again.

I dont like this team, i dont like the coach. We'll be finishing bottom 3 again, i would put money on it.

Latest posts