What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt has asked for a release

SHOULD BEN HUNT BE MOVED ON BEFORE THE 2024 SEASON?

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mojo

Bench
Gees, I wish someone would kick Bunt in the arse. He and his mates have absolutely ripped us off. Endless fkn bullshit about what a brilliant player he is. He‘s a bludger. Drop him to ressies and tell him and make it public that he‘s free to negotiate but we require a decent offer - and we’re disgusted with the disrespect he’s shown and will be pleased to see the back of him.

Illusion

Bench
Also, the bloke plays like shit and the sycophantic wankers in the press still bang on about his ‘marquee‘ quality. Fkn bs! I’ve never been sold on it.
Yep hear it all the time but not one of them said he can't close out a game ...... When was the last time Hunt closed out a game with repeated sets , pin the opposition in their in goal ??????

Last edited:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Just listening to Hunt being interview in the news sports report on 9 and he tell us I love the game dont matter who Im playing for and one day Id like to return to Qld ......at the moment I'm committed to the Dragons untill the end of this season (note not till the end of 2025) and I'm going help win as many games as we can or words to that effect......it was then I checked the calendar to make sure it wasn't April 1st

Phantom V

Juniors
I'm sure we will let him go, as soon as there's a reasonable offer made. I agree he shouldn't be Captain. In fact, I'd seize the opportunity to drop him to ressies and try a few new combinations. We still don't know whether Sulli can nail it at 7. I feel sorry for the young bloke. He's still being blocked by this boof who has been very public about the fact that he doesn't even want to be there.
I hope Flanno gives the kid a free pass. He had to put up with an absolute stinker of a coach who played favourites as well as a half back who hogs the ball.

hewi

Bench

Ben Hunt to escalate release request after Origin series​

Adam Pengilly

By Adam Pengilly

June 30, 2023 — 7.45pm
Save

Normal text sizeALarger text sizeAVery large text sizeA

Ben Hunt’s management will wait until the end of the State of Origin series before again escalating their request for the Dragons skipper to be released from the rest of his contract.
Having had his first attempt to exit the Dragons rebuffed by incoming coach Shane Flanagan and St George Illawarra officials, Hunt is prepared to play the long game and will have his representatives again contact the club after the Origin finale in Sydney.

Play Video
https://archive.md/VbEea#

Bellamy's blunt reply to Origin speculation

Bellamy's blunt reply to Origin speculation
Play video
0:42

Bellamy's blunt reply to Origin speculation​

Craig Bellamy's name has been thrown up as a possible replacement for Brad Fittler. The Storm coach has responded.
The 33-year-old told the Dragons on Monday he didn’t want an immediate release from his deal despite the Broncos registering interest on a short-term contract, hoping to propel Kevin Walters’ side to a drought-breaking premiership.
But according to sources speaking on the condition of anonymity due to the confidential talks, Hunt’s management plans to revisit the issue within the next fortnight in a bid to prise him out of his deal for 2024.

The issue is set to cloud the rest of the Dragons’ season, which is fast imploding after the club conceded a combined 100 points in heavy losses to the Warriors and Sharks in the past two weeks.
Hunt battled the flu in the Dragons’ local derby pummelling at the hands of Cronulla on Thursday night, and interim coach Ryan Carr tried to end speculation about the captain’s future by saying the halfback was committed until the end of the season.
Dragons captain Ben Hunt.

Dragons captain Ben Hunt.CREDIT: GETTY
But having stated his desire to return to south-east Queensland after the Maroons wrapped up the Origin series last week, Hunt is expected to again request to be freed from the final two years of his deal.
Hunt has said he’d be comfortable to continue in the captaincy, but the Dragons will need a big form reversal to avoid their first wooden spoon since 1938.

While the future of their star player remains a hot topic, Flanagan has been busy building his support staff with Andrew Gray and Dan Lawson this week agreeing to deals to join the Dragons next year.
Physical performance manager Gray worked alongside Flanagan when the Sharks broke their premiership drought in 2016, while State of Origin physiotherapist Lawson has formerly worked under Flanagan and has had experience at the Dragons.
He is currently employed by the Titans, who last week announced Des Hasler would take over in 2024 after the brutal sacking of Justin Holbrook.
Gray, in particular, will be tasked with improving the Dragons’ dismal second-half efforts this season with both the Warriors and Sharks running in a flurry of tries as their rivals tired.
Meanwhile, Sharks forward Dale Finucane is facing another ban for a dangerous tackle after being charged by the match review committee following the win over the Dragons.

The former NSW forward is bracing for a two-week ban if he accepts an early guilty plea – or three weeks if he unsuccessfully fights it at the judiciary – after being issued with a grade-one dangerous throw for a tackle on Blake Lawrie.
Finucane was suspended earlier this year for a hip-drop tackle on the Warriors’ Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad.
Dragons winger Tautau Moga will escape with a $1000 fan for a grade-one careless high tackle on Jesse Ramien

IF BEN HUNT HAS A DICTIONARY THE PAGE WITH MORALS AND LOYALTY MUST HAVE BEEN TORN OUT

Dragon David

First Grade
Hunt has now no attachment to the Dragons. He wasn't given what he wanted and that was to be released immediately so that he could join the Broncos for 2023. He has tanked in the games against the Warriors and Sharks and he will do it again against the Raiders, that's if he is selected for first grade or he gets his way and leaves.

Why bother with him now? He is only being a distraction and when he is on the field he will not play to his ability and the players will know it and they will get stuffed up in a lot of the plays. Carr needs to put him in Ressies for the rest of the season, if we don't "sack" him by next weekend.

The team cannot lift when they know that Hunt is not giving it his all. Hunt as the captain has not shown any leadership and barking any on field instructions in the last two games. The players can see this - why play and bust their guts if the captain is doing shit f ck all.

I won't watch our games anymore if he is playing in our team. There will be no fire in the Dragons.

DragonBorn95

Juniors
Maybe sullivan 6 and cogger 7 liddle 9 and ramsay 1. Sloan off the bench if ramsays fit and healthy for next season. Decent spine i love sloan but ramsay will either come back on the wing for match fitness and sloan will be our super sub.. flanno has a big job ahead but great news Andrew gray will be with us next year. We will be alot more match fit

jeffdragon

Bench
Hunt has now no attachment to the Dragons. He wasn't given what he wanted and that was to be released immediately so that he could join the Broncos for 2023. He has tanked in the games against the Warriors and Sharks and he will do it again against the Raiders, that's if he is selected for first grade or he gets his way and leaves.

Why bother with him now? He is only being a distraction and when he is on the field he will not play to his ability and the players will know it and they will get stuffed up in a lot of the plays. Carr needs to put him in Ressies for the rest of the season, if we don't "sack" him by next weekend.

The team cannot lift when they know that Hunt is not giving it his all. Hunt as the captain has not shown any leadership and barking any on field instructions in the last two games. The players can see this - why play and bust their guts if the captain is doing shit f ck all.

I won't watch our games anymore if he is playing in our team. There will be no fire in the Dragons.
He be in origin 3 .
Not playing v Raiders.

shazam

Juniors
So tru
Hunts legacy is reduced to pathetic. Worst captain in the clubs history. Not a leader. Not a mentor. Not a game manager. Not a clubman. Not a team mate. Just go. Personally I have nothing but contempt for the way he has handled himself.
Is Andrew Gray confirmed?
Maybe sullivan 6 and cogger 7 liddle 9 and ramsay 1. Sloan off the bench if ramsays fit and healthy for next season. Decent spine i love sloan but ramsay will either come back on the wing for match fitness and sloan will be our super sub.. flanno has a big job ahead but great news Andrew gray will be with us next year. We will be alot more match fit