What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt - How many weeks?

How many weeks for Hunt?

• Total voters

m0j0

Bench
He should get no suspension. It wasn't even careless, it was accidental. If he has to front the judiciary, then there should be a public apology for the inconvenience to Hunt and the Broncos. If we start suspending players for that sort of incident, there'll be no-one left to actually play the game.

Razor

Coach
7 weeks

none, i dont think he intentially targetted his head

You don't have to intentionally target their head

That is why they have 3 levels with 5 levels each

- Careless
- Reckless
- Intentional

Hunt will be charged at the Reckless level Grade 4

skeepe

Immortal
It was ridiculous that it was even penalised, IMO. The game is going soft.

Can't believe that fool Chesterton in the paper this morning saying that the fact Hunt wasn't sent off was a disgrace. The sooner Chesterton has nothing whatsoever to do with the game the better.

miccle

Bench

Completely accidental.

Clark should, however, cop around a 5 year ban (if not longer) for that disgraceful no try ruling against the Roosters.

skeepe said:
It was ridiculous that it was even penalised, IMO. The game is going soft.

Can't believe that fool Chesterton in the paper this morning saying that the fact Hunt wasn't sent off was a disgrace. The sooner Chesterton has nothing whatsoever to do with the game the better.
Sooooooo agree with you there Skeepe...they should have treated princess out the back and given the scrum feed to brisbane...was entirely princesses fault.I he hadnt had fallen/slipped into the tackle it would have been a SBW block and the commentatars would be saying..."ohhhhhhh what a hit there by hunt!"

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I'm with Chesterton. In fact I'd take it a step further and suggest that tackling be banned from the game. Someone could really get hurt in a tackle. Imagine what the mothers would think.

ngap

Juniors
I expect Hunt to be cited because the review committee is reactive not preventative. If there is an injury they will look at it for hours to find a way to cite. For similar instances without an injury they ignore them.

No doubt Hunt went in planning a standard shoulder charge and Anasta slipped. The trouble is he did not tuck in his elbow, rather it was slightly raised and was what made initial contact with the face. That is what I think is going to result in a suspension.

Parra Guru

Coach
I don't know about outlawing them, but they are happening more frequently, and I don't really think it's a very effective defensive play. They don't come off half the time. It should be up to the coaches to stop their players from going for the glory of it. If Anasta had stayed on his feet, it could have ended up bad for the Broncos. Actually Anasta is a bad example to use I guess :lol:

Joe Davola

Juniors
The manner in which the contact occurred was entirely the result of Anasta losing his footing and falling face first into Hunt.

Hunt should not have even been penalised.

With Anasta falling face first, there was nothing Hunt could have done to avoid contact with his head, no matter what type of tackle he was planning.

If Hunt had been a step further back, Anasta's face would have cannoned into Hunt's knee........perhaps he could have been up on a kneeing charge then.

dice

Juniors
Hunt raised his forearm and looked away, you can't say it wasn't careless. I think he'll cop 0-1 week only because it is his first offence.

Big Pete

Referee
26509867ic4.jpg

Since when was the bicep an elbow?

Red Bear

Referee
should def be charged, and lets face it he did smack anasta in the nose with his shoulder. Yet another shoulder charge gone wrong.

careless high shot maybe? I dunno i think a couple of weeks

Tom Shines

First Grade
melon.... said:
he should get what Morley got for shouldering the head of that Souffs idiot...the souffs idiot was falling too and Morley copped weeks.

Hunt deserves 2...for the stupid smirk alone.

Why is every idiot on these forums so one eyed? You wanted Riley Brown rubbed out for a legal hit yet "Paging Mike" should get none for an illegal hit where a precendent was already set with Morley? He'll get 2 weeks.
What?
Both acts deserved a penalty. Nothing more.