What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt, Lockyer and Bennett are all the best at what they do.

Kid Dynamite

Juniors
Hunt is better than Bowen and the games best fullback.

Lockyer is better than Thurston and the worlds best player.

Bennett is still the games best coach.

I felt the need to bring up all these points however I thought it was best put in one thread. Spreading it into different ones would just result in the same inane, anti bronco bullsh*t cloging up over the forum. Anyway though after tonights game we saw why Hunt is better than Bowen after his poor positional efforts. Thurston has also gone off the boil a bit and I think overall now we can say DL is rightfully regarded as the games best player. Thurston got hot for a little bit, but lets be honest Lockyer is the greatest today. He was last year and was in the best form this year before he got injured. Why is Benny the games best coach? Well we saw that on Sunday. No other team has the same courage as the Broncos. They never give up or turn up not ready to play. They are a team with an enourmous amount of heart. Maybe Bellamy takes the strom to the premiership this year and grabs the title of best coach based purely on his smarts. Until then though Benny is still No1. Discuss.

Knightmare

Coach
Do you write for the Sports Section of The Courier Mail? You sound alot like the person who wrote that Brisbane beating an injury depleted Knights team 50-6 last year was proof that Lockyer is a better player then Johns :LOL:

Charlie124

First Grade
Hunt is around the 7th or 8th best fullback in the comp

Lockyer is around the 6th or 7th best player in the comp

Bennett is a bitter old wanker who is unwanted by his club after 20 years.

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
Charlie124 said:
Hunt is around the 7th or 8th best fullback in the comp

Lockyer is around the 6th or 7th best player in the comp

Bennett is a bitter old wanker who is unwanted by his club after 20 years.

Could I see your list??

Knightmare

Coach
Kid Dynamite said:
Why bring up Johns? He doesn't play anymore. Move on. The debate is now. Your ideas are old hat.

Your insistence that a selection of Broncos players are better than rivals based on the outcome of one game isn't old hat, though.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Kid Dynamite said:
Why bring up Johns? He doesn't play anymore. Move on. The debate is now. Your ideas are old hat.

Lockyer is out with a season ending injury. Your ideas are old hat.

Shorty

Staff member
Kid Dynamite said:

I felt the need to bring up all these points however I thought it was best put in one thread. Spreading it into different ones would just result in the same inane, anti bronco bullsh*t cloging up over the forum. Anyway though after tonights game we saw why Hunt is better than Bowen after his poor positional efforts. Thurston has also gone off the boil a bit and I think overall now we can say DL is rightfully regarded as the games best player. Thurston got hot for a little bit, but lets be honest Lockyer is the greatest today. He was last year and was in the best form this year before he got injured. Why is Benny the games best coach? Well we saw that on Sunday. No other team has the same courage as the Broncos. They never give up or turn up not ready to play. They are a team with an enourmous amount of heart. Maybe Bellamy takes the strom to the premiership this year and grabs the title of best coach based purely on his smarts. Until then though Benny is still No1. Discuss.
What a great time to bring up this great excuse for a thread:roll:
Now off you go to steal candy from a baby and snatch an old lady's handbag.

Charlie124

First Grade
I wont put them in order but these are the FBs

Bowen, McKinnon, Slater, Inglis, Mini, Stewart (Ill ever throw Lockyer in there)

as for best players in the comp

Thurston, Smith, Farrah, Price, Civoneceva, Asotasi (you could double up there with Inglis)

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
Charlie124 said:

Bowen, McKinnon, Slater, Inglis, Mini, Stewart (Ill ever throw Lockyer in there)

Thurston, Smith, Farrah, Price, Civoneceva, Asotasi (you could double up there with Inglis)

can't argue much because all your fullbacks attributes are all attackwise, and with the best players.... its your list, but i'd not have petro, price, or asotasi before Lockyer. Im not even sure about Farrah as well. He's playing out of his skin at club level, but is untested at rep, so i couldn't comment.

Kid Dynamite

Juniors
Slhutty Lockyer is still playing, he hasn't retired. He's still the best player in the game.

Knightmare, tonights game confirmed again what most of us including the Australian and Queensland teams already knew. Did you see the game or were watching old Knights games? Did you see the semi final last year? It was good.

How is Farah better than Lockyer? He can't even get in the NSW team? Ask every single player in the game if they'd rather have Price or Lockyer in their team. Bring them to me and we'll talk.

Charlie124

First Grade
Stewie Griffin said:
can't argue much because all your fullbacks attributes are all attackwise

well if you were going to list them by their defence you couldnt include Hunt either. He runs the ball back hard ill give him that, but he is a complete turnstyle in defence and offers nothing in attack.

Ghoulies

Bench
Kid Dynamite said:

:roll:

Even if you posted this is in the Broncos section you'd still be met with a universal cringe. Honestly, leave the wank-fests to Newcastle supporters.

And charlie, if Civoniceva, Asotasi, Price and Inglis (the others I'd consider debatable) are better players than Lockyer, I'll eat every hat I own.

Kid Dynamite

Juniors
Saying the Qld fullback and Australian fullback is the best in the game. Wow how outlandish.
To suggest the current Australian Captain, Origin Wining Captain and captain of last years premiers is the best in the game. Well I should pull my head in.
But wow I mean to even hint that a coach with 6 premierships, including last years is the best coach, I should calm down. The only bad thing about this thread is I'm stating the obvious. It only has relevance or worth because people are too dumb to understand or unwilling to accept the facts.

salivor

First Grade
Charlie124 said:

lol, give it up you pillock. As much as I love big Petero, if it was him that had done his knee in for the season there wouldn't have been cries of "We can't win the comp/make the finals now without Petero". No a number of players would step up in the forward pack and life would continue on as normal for the Broncos, Lockyer goes down and you can virtually rule a line through our premiership chances.

Kid Dynamite

Juniors
lol, give it up you pillock. As much as I love big Petero, if it was him that had done his knee in for the season there wouldn't have been cries of "We can't win the comp/make the finals now without Petero". No a number of players would step up in the forward pack and life would continue on as normal for the Broncos, Lockyer goes down and you can virtually rule a line through our premiership chances.

Haha. A small injection of sanity. Thankyou.