What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hynes time.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
With all the hoopla around Nicho's omission there's one aspect of Freddy's selections that's been overlooked: Brails.

Two weeks ago he was drafted into the extended squad.
The message seemingly being "we've got Api and Cook, you're next man up".

Api goes down, Cook gets called up, and they go with Robson as backup hooker. WTF?

I'm not saying Robson doesn't deserve it, far from it, but I think it highlights the scattergun approach to selections.
This 100%

Same as game 1, if turbo doesn’t get injured Nicho gets no minutes, does Freddy drop him for game 2. No but now he does ?

Stake Removed

First Grade
I am not a TPJ fan but Fittler picked him game 1 bolter they lose he is gone.
For TPJ to get a 2nd game NSW had to win, they lose its his fault in the forwards

Stake Removed

First Grade
It all makes sense why QLD win, it actually comes across more seeing Fittler they don't throw away players after a single game they give them a chance stick with them.
NSW and Fittler even more if they lose get rid of the 1 gamer.
If the lose the 2nd one and Teddy plays badly, for the dead rubber Edwards has to be given a go, but you can bet, they will find someone not in the inner circle to drop

Pumpkin

Juniors
Hopefully next time there will be a different coach and staff. Currently it is hardly inspiring Chunnel 9 wank fest.
Happy for Moses as well to be part of this flog wagon
That's what I call "different " syndrome. Always thinking someone different will be better. Freddy was someone different when he took over from Daley, now you're whinging about him. Whoever takes overy from Freddy, you'll be whinging about him and saying, we need someone different.

Frailty

First Grade
With all the hoopla around Nicho's omission there's one aspect of Freddy's selections that's been overlooked: Brails.

Two weeks ago he was drafted into the extended squad.
The message seemingly being "we've got Api and Cook, you're next man up".

Api goes down, Cook gets called up, and they go with Robson as backup hooker. WTF?

I'm not saying Robson doesn't deserve it, far from it, but I think it highlights the scattergun approach to selections.
Brails was brought in because he was the best NSW hooker who wasn't playing that weekend (Round 13), whilst Cowboys had a game that weekend.

It was simply so the club wouldn't complain about a player being in camp and missing the week with their club.

gUt

Coach
As a Qlder, very happy you didn't pick the most consistent half in the comp and a proven match winner in Nicho. Not yet in the realm of feeling sorry for you blue merkins but one is appalled at Fittler and Brandy's creative ideas in the art of finding ways to lose.

DJDL

Bench
Brails was brought in because he was the best NSW hooker who wasn't playing that weekend (Round 13), whilst Cowboys had a game that weekend.

It was simply so the club wouldn't complain about a player being in camp and missing the week with their club.

Thanks Frailty. @R-15-3 mentioned that a page or so back.
It makes sense, though I didn't realise that at the time.

Frailty

First Grade
Thanks Frailty. @R-15-3 mentioned that a page or so back.
It makes sense, though I didn't realise that at the time.
Apologies - I was catching up on the thread and was looking to see if anyone had mentioned it. Must have missed it! Sorry.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Well nicho old son you can’t have a vodcast where it’s all about mental health and communication as well as a mental health coach and then go into your shell with disappointment. Time to get off your sorry ass and rip in. 12K a week I’d be pumped.

Last edited:
Well nicho old son you can’t have a vodcast where it’s all about mental heath and communication as well as a mental health coach and then go into your shell with disappointment. Time to get off your sorry ass and rip in. 12K a week I’d be pumped.
Some truth there ..... BUT some people work /play / live their lives , to a higher authority than $

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Some truth there ..... BUT some people work /play / live their lives , to a higher authority than $
Yeah sure but money is a problem that many people have and one that causes many other issues. If NH biggest problem is being dropped from origin then his support isn’t working.

Special K

Coach
I don't think he has gone into his shell at all. He tried to over play his hand if anything vs storm and we got on the back foot and couldn't recover in the middle. Don't buy that Gus agenda bullshit.

He will tear the dogs apart this week as expected.