What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hynes time.

bluefox68

Staff member
Started 1 May. We lost to Dolphins on 6 May and Nicho has been going backwards since. Needs to put it away till the off season IMO.
I agree.
I don’t mind it, but it would take up a lot of time and MORE IMPORTANTLY mental space…

R-15-3

Bench
As much as I hate fitler and would have picked Nicho 2 weeks ago, I really can’t blame them not picking him after last weeks performance the pressure got to him

Fittler is one of the dumbest people in league around so keeping Hynes away from his negative influence is a good thing.
Hynes Probably been on a hiding to nothing , But Sifa probably knocked a few cain toads into next week. anyway hope it all shows up freddy as a very biased and not very astute coach at all.

txta2

Bench
its funny now hearing everyone say Hynes should never been on the bench but another number 9 should have...just shows how inept and stupid the NSW coaching staff are.

Pumpkin

Juniors
I worry about Moses ability to perform under a lot of pressure. Hopefully he can. It's possible. I assume he will be the goalkicker.

I would have felt more at ease with either Burton or Reynolds. Unfortunately Nicho lacks a long kicking game, but maybe next time they can find a spot for him and utilise him better than they did in game I.

shadowboxer

First Grade
I worry about Moses ability to perform under a lot of pressure. Hopefully he can. It's possible. I assume he will be the goalkicker.

I would have felt more at ease with either Burton or Reynolds. Unfortunately Nicho lacks a long kicking game, but maybe next time they can find a spot for him and utilise him better than they did in game I.
Hopefully next time there will be a different coach and staff. Currently it is hardly inspiring Chunnel 9 wank fest.
Happy for Moses as well to be part of this flog wagon

DJDL

Bench
With all the hoopla around Nicho's omission there's one aspect of Freddy's selections that's been overlooked: Brails.

Two weeks ago he was drafted into the extended squad.
The message seemingly being "we've got Api and Cook, you're next man up".

Api goes down, Cook gets called up, and they go with Robson as backup hooker. WTF?

I'm not saying Robson doesn't deserve it, far from it, but I think it highlights the scattergun approach to selections.

R-15-3

Bench
With all the hoopla around Nicho's omission there's one aspect of Freddy's selections that's been overlooked: Brails.

Two weeks ago he was drafted into the extended squad.
The message seemingly being "we've got Api and Cook, you're next man up".

Api goes down, Cook gets called up, and they go with Robson as backup hooker. WTF?

I'm not saying Robson doesn't deserve it, far from it, but I think it highlights the scattergun approach to selections.
We had the bye, cowboys didn’t. That’s why he was called in, he was never 3rd in-line

King-Gutho94

Coach
Agree but Fittler contributed to that by picking him with no plan to use him. Hynes got blamed, like Talakai did last year.
Hynes has been treated disgracefully but dont compare it to Talakai.

He should be thankful he has 2 NSW jersey's sitting in his wardrobe at home. We all know Jack Wighton should have been there for Game 3 last year instead of Talakai.

In terms of Nicho its just another example of NSW & Fittler just bringing in and spitting out players after 1 game without thinking the long-term consequences.

QLD would never had done what Fittler has done to Nicho.

NSW selection for a long time Is a bit like the Aussie Cricket Team if your in the cliche your sweet just look at the penrith players who have been there for 4 years get a free pass every origin thanks to Brandy, Fittler & Cleary who has a say on who he wants in the team.

But the new kid will always get the blame for a bad loss.

Latest posts