What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I cant believe it but i hate Hayne!!!

Sujskiez

Juniors
So apart from Milford in the above list who is changing clubs this year and I don't know we would have wanted him anyway, had we known Jarryd was leaving earlier we could have looked to replace him with a fullback, a centre or a five-eighth and move Hoppa or Norman to 1.

Enough semi-decent players (not depth signings) have moved clubs in these positions this year but we couldn't chase them cause we had no vacancy until 14th October.

Blake Austin
Sisa Waqa
Krisnan Inu
Mitch Brown
James Roberts
Kevin Naiqam
a

And we may have chosen to take a gamble on Loko's fitness as well.

So you saying all these players could have replaced or come in if hayne had decided to tell us at round 1. All these would have signed with us i doubt it especially Inu who is hayne's best mate knowing hayne is leaving he would not accepted the contract in the first place

lol But wouldn't you be over the moon cause he "told us early" :lol:

No one is saying that. I'm saying that the club would be left in a less bad position if the decision was made and communicated (to the club) earlier. Nobody would have been 'over the moon'....but we'd have a better opportunity to plan and effect changes to the 2015 squad. I'm not sure why that's such a difficult concept to grasp.

People's typical response has been to say 'look what great player and bloke he is'. That's probably true (and is certainly true re the great player). But it doesn't change the reality of the fact that his decision to shoot through in mid-October makes it harder for the club to cut their losses than if the decision was made some time ago. Some people want to defend every aspect of his behaviour....hell I'm happy with the vast majority of it (I don't care about press conferences, how he says stuff, or that he wants to pursue his dream and go).....but if people can't see that a greater period of notice would have benefited the club they ain't looking too hard.

Last edited:

emjaycee

Coach
So you saying all these players could have replaced or come in if hayne had decided to tell us at round 1. All these would have signed with us i doubt it especially Inu who is hayne's best mate knowing hayne is leaving he would not accepted the contract in the first place

Umm no, I am not saying that all these would have signed with us - we don't need them all.

I was responding to Jodeci who said there were no fullbacks available throughout the year anyway and that Hayne telling the club earlier would have made no difference to our ability to replace him.

This is not true.
At some point throughout season 2014, the list of players I provided signed contracts with new clubs for 2015 and onwards. That means that IF we knew that Hayne was leaving at the end of 2014, we COULD have looked at signing any ONE of these players. That doesn't mean we would have, just that we could have opened negotiations with them.

Explain your comment on Inu for me please?
Are you saying that because Inu is Haynes best mate he wouldnt have taken his place at Parra, even though Hayne wasn't sacked but left by his own request? That's just silly.

Jodeci

Bench
So apart from Milford in the above list who is changing clubs this year and I don't know we would have wanted him anyway, had we known Jarryd was leaving earlier we could have looked to replace him with a fullback, a centre or a five-eighth and move Hoppa or Norman to 1.

Enough semi-decent players (not depth signings) have moved clubs in these positions this year but we couldn't chase them cause we had no vacancy until 14th October.

Blake Austin
Sisa Waqa
Krisnan Inu
Mitch Brown
James Roberts
Kevin Naiqama

And we may have chosen to take a gamble on Loko's fitness as well.

Inu was never a chance

eels81236

Bench
Am I understanding this correctly?

If jaryd had told us 12 months ago he was leaving it still wouldn't have had an influence on who we retained or chased?

And players signed that play most games are depth players, but, players signed that have no chance of playing FG unless through injury yet aren't totally incapable aren't called depth signings but something else?

I must be missing something obvious.

TheParraboy

Staff member
No one is saying that. I'm saying that the club would be left in a less bad position if the decision was made and communicated (to the club) earlier. Nobody would have been 'over the moon'....but we'd have a better opportunity to plan and effect changes to the 2015 squad. I'm not sure why that's such a difficult concept to grasp.

People's typical response has been to say 'look what great player and bloke he is'. That's probably true (and is certainly true re the great player). But it doesn't change the reality of the fact that his decision to shoot through in mid-October makes it harder for the club to cut their losses than if the decision was made some time ago. Some people want to defend every aspect of his behaviour....hell I'm happy with the vast majority of it (I don't care about press conferences, how he says stuff, or that he wants to pursue his dream and go).....but if people can't see that a greater period of notice would have benefited the club they ain't looking too hard.

Goes both ways, people refusing to put themselves in Haynes position and see how this timing has insured and benefited that he is raring to go ain't looking too hard either

Sujskiez

Juniors
Umm no, I am not saying that all these would have signed with us - we don't need them all.

I was responding to Jodeci who said there were no fullbacks available throughout the year anyway and that Hayne telling the club earlier would have made no difference to our ability to replace him.

This is not true.
At some point throughout season 2014, the list of players I provided signed contracts with new clubs for 2015 and onwards. That means that IF we knew that Hayne was leaving at the end of 2014, we COULD have looked at signing any ONE of these players. That doesn't mean we would have, just that we could have opened negotiations with them.

Explain your comment on Inu for me please?
Are you saying that because Inu is Haynes best mate he wouldnt have taken his place at Parra, even though Hayne wasn't sacked but left by his own request? That's just silly.

The thing is we don't need a fullback we have hoopate who can do a really good job at FB what we really need a proper props and forwards. The rest will fall by itself if we have proper forwards we could put less pressure on the halves or even the backline to get us over the try why do think the Rabbithohs are a successful not because of inglis but its their forwards who do most of the work and the the halves make use of those works.

As for the Inu's comment i doubt it he would come back to the club that kicked him out when they didn't need him whether and even difficult to get him when Hayne is not there

Goes both ways, people refusing to put themselves in Haynes position and see how this timing has insured and benefited that he is raring to go ain't looking too hard either

I'm not sure that I understand exactly what 'insured and benefited' mean in the sentence above.
It is one thing to put one's self in Hayne's position and say 'What would be best for me?'. That's easy, I agree that Jarryd has done what's best for Jarryd. I'm not saying that the behaviour is irrational. But guess what, I'm not judging what has gone on purely in terms of what makes sense for Jarryd. I'm saying that when you are seeking to get out of contractual obligations, you owe it to the other party to do so in such a way that you minimise the damage they suffer as a consequence of you changing your mind. It's not a lot to ask.

lingard

Coach
I'm not sure that I understand exactly what 'insured and benefited' mean in the sentence above.
It is one thing to put one's self in Hayne's position and say 'What would be best for me?'. That's easy, I agree that Jarryd has done what's best for Jarryd. I'm not saying that the behaviour is irrational. But guess what, I'm not judging what has gone on purely in terms of what makes sense for Jarryd. I'm saying that when you are seeking to get out of contractual obligations, you owe it to the other party to do so in such a way that you minimise the damage they suffer as a consequence of you changing your mind. It's not a lot to ask.

If the question is simply the timing of Hayne's departure (in particular his announcement to the club of his intentions), the answer seems to be that there would not have been any perfect time. (This is, of course, assuming that Brad Arthur had no idea Hayne was leaving until last week - which doesn't seem all that plausible to me.)
I don't agree with people who say that we can do what Penrith did and get rid of our stars and replace them with ä better balanced team". (It hasn't worked for Newcastle, Titans, Canberra, Tigers, etc.) So I think we need to replace Hayne with one or more marquee players (not necessarily in the same position he played). But by the same token, there won't be any of these stars available until 2016 (players like Cheery-Evans, Foran, Israel Folau, etc). So, for me, Hayne's timing is just about perfect. He wanted to leave at the beginning of this year, but thought he owed the club twelve months. I think that's pretty honourable.

Tony Bongo

Bench
If the question is simply the timing of Hayne's departure (in particular his announcement to the club of his intentions), the answer seems to be that there would not have been any perfect time. (This is, of course, assuming that Brad Arthur had no idea Hayne was leaving until last week - which doesn't seem all that plausible to me.)
I don't agree with people who say that we can do what Penrith did and get rid of our stars and replace them with ä better balanced team". (It hasn't worked for Newcastle, Titans, Canberra, Tigers, etc.) So I think we need to replace Hayne with one or more marquee players (not necessarily in the same position he played). But by the same token, there won't be any of these stars available until 2016 (players like Cheery-Evans, Foran, Israel Folau, etc). So, for me, Hayne's timing is just about perfect. He wanted to leave at the beginning of this year, but thought he owed the club twelve months. I think that's pretty honourable.

There may not have been a perfect time but there most certainly would have been a more desirable and more honourable time to leave and that is when his contract ended. Anyway your post is a contradiction because as you say there are no players of Haynes calibre available until the year after he was contracted to - HE LEFT ONE YEAR BEFORE THAT! How can you say one minute that there would not have been any perfect time and then say Hayne's timing is just perfect because there's no one to replace him that's available for another year? :crazy:
I also think it's insanity to assume that he gave anyone notice (other than his new sponsors and the film crew) when all the evidence points to the fact that the selfish merkin clearly didn't.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Say Hayne tells the club at the beginning of the season, who were the fullbacks that were off contract march this year for season 2015?

Go through the list:

Milford - Signed with the Broncos
Boyd - Still has a yr to go at Newcastle, returning home to QLD.
Perrett - Still has a contract at the Dogs
Mini - Retiring
Stewart - Has a contract at Manly
Slater - Has a contract at Manly
Coote - Has a contract at the Cowboys
Hoffman - Has a contract at the Broncos
Barba- Has a contract at the Broncos
Moylan - Upgraded his contract at penrith
Gordan - Has a contract at the Sharks
Tedessco - stayed at the Tigers
Zillman - Contract at the Titans
Dugan - Has a contract at the Dragons
The Warriors fullback has a 4yr deal with the club

So whether Hayne pulls the pin Round 1 or after the GF, there were no fullbacks available unless I have missed some.

You missed Ken Sio

He played for 12 months. He left roughly 12 months before the end of his contract. But....he didn't give us 12 months notice (or anything like it).....and without notice that you're actually leaving the club can't replace him. That's the bit I don't like so much. Agree re your comments on replacements. Anyway, bring on 2015.

Jodeci

Bench
He played fullback for us on occasions. Sure he's replaceable but he was handy and they may not have let him go if they knew the Hayne Plane was going to fly to the States a year early.

Bongo

They didnt want Ken from the beginning.

They told him to take a pay cut if he wants to stay, end of story.

Whether the princess left or not, it didnt have a diiference.

Sujskiez

Juniors
He played fullback for us on occasions. Sure he's replaceable but he was handy and they may not have let him go if they knew the Hayne Plane was going to fly to the States a year early.

Ken sio can be replicable as for the replacing hayne i'm pretty sure nathan gardner is off contract pretty sure we can pick him up

Jodeci

Bench
Ken sio can be replicable as for the replacing hayne i'm pretty sure nathan gardner is off contract pretty sure we can pick him up

Nathan Gardner resigned with the Sharks.

Roosters made a play for him though he decided to stay.

If my memory is right.