What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I love Pokerstars

Yeah, but it was only a ten center.

The thing with those is when you see a loose player, he's usually looser than Roseanne Barr's taco. The quicker you get his chips into the pot, the better. That was a read thing, at a higher level I probably would have played it differently. Hell, mid way through a freeroll I would have played it differently...

The 10 centers have the worst players I've ever seen. I play plenty of freerolls and they're better players for the most part than the idiots who play the 10 centers.

In the long run I go well by playing solid poker. I don't win many but I FT plenty.

watatank

Coach
It's hard though because he could just as easily be holding hands like A4 and A7. If you're rolled aim higher IMO

The Gambler

Juniors
In a $12 SnG at the moment. Only 30 minutes in but I am about 3rd stack. Had some nice cards so far. Now I got to be patient and not get greedy.

watatank

Coach
A nice feel good hand...First couple of hands in a ten handed SnG

Action was pretty sick...someone raised UTG, I went over the top with KK, button shoves, UTG calls, I call. UTG turns over the other KK and the button turns over JJ.

Flop: Q Q J

Turn Q

river: x

Ship it!

That's a surprise.

We had a few bucks left on Full Tilt so I let the missus waste it. Yesterday she throws the last buck into the Daily Dollar and bombs out after losing two hands in a row with AA v K/7 unsuited and J/10 unsuited...

watatank

Coach
Well played. Yeah the quality gets better when the buy in is higher, but it's still pretty bad.

In saying that, tilting/bad play and variance (both cash and SnGs) is crushing me right now, decided to limit my buyin to $2. Still no luck at this stage but I suppose with hands like this it's hard to top. It's not really a suckout but still terrible play

Blinds are 50/100 and I'm sitting in the SB. Pretty much the whole table limps and I'm here with 1200 chips, in need of chips and there was about 700 of chips on the table so I thought I'd punish the table by going all in. I had 98 so I thought even if I got called by AJ or something I'd still be live. I get called by UTG who holds QJs of all hands which holds up. f**king stupid call though, the whole point of going all in was to make those people fold those hands like that.

The quality is very different and I'd imagine each step up would be the same. Basically, in the 8 tourneys I was only outdrawn a couple of times when I was all-in. I also found it much easier to pick the weakest players and use them to boost my stack. Hard to do in a 10 center when all 9 players are morons.

And hang in there, you know it'll come good.

I've dropped back to the 10 centers and 25 centers. Had a bad run for a while but back on track now at $90. Bloody variance.

Still playing the odd freerolls, have a total of 18 second round tickets now, can't say that I'll play them all though, they're on at sh*t times.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Get rakeback.

Get iPoker account. Much softer.

Don't play cash on stars unless you are going to 24 table and get supernova.

watatank

Coach
I've dropped back to the 10 centers and 25 centers. Had a bad run for a while but back on track now at $90. Bloody variance.

Still playing the odd freerolls, have a total of 18 second round tickets now, can't say that I'll play them all though, they're on at sh*t times.

If you got $90 why don't you have a go at cash?

Stars offer 0.01/0.02 games...buy in for $2 and play normal poker...don't bluff and always bet for value and you'll start making a bit more money

I actually play ring games occasionally, 1 and 2 cent, risking $1 at a time and I've done quite well out of them. You're right about how to play them, but they bore me to be honest, I'd much rather play an SnG or MTT.

Latest posts