What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"I probably would have done it to any other player" - Gallen

miccle

Bench
The only saving grace from the low act IMO was the fact that it happened to Laffranchi. Couldn't have happened to a nicer f**kwit.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Who said you're not allowed to be critical of Lockyer? Having said that, being critical is one thing, but hanging onto something that happened 4 years ago and was publicly apologised for, (and clearly a mistake that was learned from) is a little more than being critical. Some might even call it being obsessive. Not to mention labelling the person a wanker when it was their only mistake in over 4 years of captaincy.

But don't let that get in the way of your self-righteousness.

Right, so if Gallen apologises for what he said, all is forgiven?

That must be the case, because joking about rape is certainly a few thousand rungs above a player saying that we would work over a players stitches on the footy field.

Guys like Wendall must have the same opinion as you do, the man must be protected at all costs.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Right, so if Gallen apologises for what he said, all is forgiven?

That must be the case, because joking about rape is certainly a few thousand rungs above a player saying that we would work over a players stitches on the footy field.

Guys like Wendall must have the same opinion as you do, the man must be protected at all costs.

Nice attempt at diverting the topic.

You made the statement that Lockyer is a wanker because he made an inappropriate comment 4 years ago. (not forgetting that he was comprehensively dragged over the coals for it) In effect you are attempting to compare his record to Gallen's.

You do realise that Gallen was suspended for his antics on the field and not his comments regarding them don't you? I'm pretty sure that most are disgusted with Gallen for his actions and not his words.

You still haven't justified your original statement. You're just trying to drag Lockyer down to Gallen's level.

Using your logic any player that ever said anything stupid is a wanker. I guess some people just can't let go.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Nice attempt at diverting the topic.

You made the statement that Lockyer is a wanker because he made an inappropriate comment 4 years ago. (not forgetting that he was comprehensively dragged over the coals for it) In effect you are attempting to compare his record to Gallen's.

You do realise that Gallen was suspended for his antics on the field and not his comments regarding them don't you? I'm pretty sure that most are disgusted with Gallen for his actions and not his words.

You still haven't justified your original statement. You're just trying to drag Lockyer down to Gallen's level.

Using your logic any player that ever said anything stupid is a wanker. I guess some people just can't let go.

"I probably would have done it to any other player"
What he did to Laffranchi on the field was discussed in the thread when it happened. This thread is about his comment that he would do it again. It was a ridiculous statement, but the amount of crap thrown at him needs to be put into context.

In terms of my opinion on him, it is my opinion.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
What he did to Laffranchi on the field was discussed in the thread when it happened. This thread is about his comment that he would do it again. It was a ridiculous statement, but the amount of crap thrown at him needs to be put into context.

I think the amount of crap thrown at him relates more to the smirking way he delivered the statement and not the actual content. Despite his words, he comes across as truly not resentful of his actions, and seems to have the opinion that he did nothing wrong, just that he got caught.

In terms of your opinion of him - refer to my first reply to you. It's your opinion and one you're entitled to.

BWNB

First Grade

No, no no! where did he say that?

Surely

Post Whore
Wasn't the first facial, won't be the last, put your fairy suits on boys, there's a pyjama party to go to.

Inferno

Coach
Point taken. But it's one thing to aim up at a bloke and hit him hard with a tackle or bump to test his shoulder/arm etc and it's another to give a bloke a facial trying to open him up again. One tactic is legal and within the laws of the game and the other is just a dog act whatever way you look at it.

Have to agree with you there, wearing my sky blue goggles, I didn't want to think there was anything in it outside a normal facial till Gallen came out and admitted it.

Certainly there is a difference but Timmah was the one making the point how wrong it was to target players injuries.

Inferno

Coach
Because the Tigers don't have anyone in their team capable of it.

Not that that will prevent them from towelling us up though :(

BWNB

First Grade
Because the Tigers don't have anyone in their team capable of it.

Not that that will prevent them from towelling us up though :(

It would be nice to see Galloway having a go :LOL:
Yea im thinking by 14 points.

Latest posts