What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.I want Wayne Bennett, reveals Nathan Tinkler

I reckon Wayne's announced it now knowing that it may get Tinkler over the line.
I bloody hope so mate. It does seem too coincidental that the week of our vote Bennett appears to be announcing he is leaving the Dragons. Brisbane offers no challenge because he has done it all before. I know Tinkler asked Wayne to wait and he has. If he is going to Brisbane he will say so today.

Last edited:

Bicey_18

Bench
Besides, Lockyer has stated he is taking a year break from the game before getting involved.. Plus it would fly in the face of him wanting to become the first coach to lead 3 different clubs to 3 premierships..

Last edited:

Johns Magic

Referee
He said Tinkler would announce it after being voted in.

I think Bennett will obviously have a few options on the table.

I'm hoping that we are his number one preference, but he'd be happy to go to the Broncos as well.

So he is announcing he is leaving the Dragons now hoping it may get Tinkler over the line and he can come to Newcastle.

If Tinkler loses, Bennett will just go to the Broncos(or wherever).

Obviously he does not want to stay at the Dragons next year whatever happens.

TooheysNew

Coach
Reporter: "Is it hard being away from your family".
Bennett: "If I have to be away for another three years, I will be away for another three years".

Noname36

First Grade
"Is it a goal of yours to win a premiership with 3 different clubs?"
"No." (or something along those lines).

Hmmm I'd still say Broncos. I suppose we'd have a chance though.

TooheysNew

Coach
No, he said it wasn't on his mind. Same as that it wasn't on his mind to win a premiership with two clubs when he went to the Dragons.

perverse

Referee
he's not going to say anything that eliminates one of the options he has on the table. he's not that dumb. my suspicion is that it is how it has looked for a long time - if we get Tinkler, we get Bennett. words are cheap, but his actions thus far suggest to me that this is the case. who could know for sure with him, though?

danielb

Juniors
I hope bennett wants to set up his family with more dosh when he retires, hopefully tinks's 2 mill will be better than what the broncs offer.

RABK

Referee
Been an initial stone critic but having warmed to him somewhat it'd be a damn tough tap on the shoulder given our form.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Rick's still got his L-plates on in terms of being a professional coach. If we sign Bennett for a three-year contract, long-term it will reap benefits with Stone as he will be assistant to the great man.

Locky24

Juniors
I can't really see you fans voting against tinkler taking over, I have a feeling if the vote does pass bennett will go to newcastle.

Silent Knight

First Grade
I can't really see you fans voting against tinkler taking over, I have a feeling if the vote does pass bennett will go to newcastle.

Nothing's set in concrete mate (concerning Bennett - not the Tinkler bid). We can talk about money but I don't think Wayne is motivated just by that. There will be a range of factors Wayne will consider before he makes a decision. The signs look good for us but I refuse to jump too far ahead and start dreaming about our next premiership. Look what happened with Bennett and the Roosters.

And at the end of the day I won't be upset if we miss out on him. If we get Wayne we'll have the greatest coach in the NRL. But if we miss out, well we've still got what I consider to be a very good up and coming coach in Rick Stone. The way Rick conducted himself in the Manly coaching box last weekend spoke volumes about the guy. In fact, apart from Bennett there isn't any other NRL coach I'd bring in to replace Stone, not even Sheens or Bellamy. I'm a big believer in Rick's coaching ability.

Nothing's set in concrete mate (concerning Bennett - not the Tinkler bid). We can talk about money but I don't think Wayne is motivated just by that. There will be a range of factors Wayne will consider before he makes a decision. The signs look good for us but I refuse to jump too far ahead and start dreaming about our next premiership. Look what happened with Bennett and the Roosters.

And at the end of the day I won't be upset if we miss out on him. If we get Wayne we'll have the greatest coach in the NRL. But if we miss out, well we've still got what I consider to be a very good up and coming coach in Rick Stone. The way Rick conducted himself in the Manly coaching box last weekend spoke volumes about the guy. In fact, apart from Bennett there isn't any other NRL coach I'd bring in to replace Stone, not even Sheens or Bellamy. I'm a big believer in Rick's coaching ability.

Your belief in Stoney is commendable. He is almost too calm. Composure is what I like most in a coach. The so called passion of Stuart and Bellamy is more like two immature children not getting the toy they wanted. Hasler is another one.

Big Tim

First Grade
Dont flame, but is anybody else concerned that if Bennett come here, we may end up losing Stone?

I know Bennett is the biggest name in RL in terms of coaching, but i fear for what we may lose. Alot like losing our young talent.

I hope Stone can see an upside in staying around if/when Bennett comes on board.

It would be easy to see it as a demotion, and look to go elsewhere...... The Bunnies and Panthers will probably need a new HC.

cram

Bench
I think if Bennett comes here it will only be for 2 years. Stone has a young family and if the cabbage is the same and he knows the end result then he will stay....no logic in that but just a gut feeling.

Latest posts