What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ICC ODI World Cup Oct-Nov 2023

King-Gutho94

Coach
All on the line for the Kiwis tonight.

I think they have a good enough buffer atm.

A decent win against Sri Lanka should get them in.

I thought i heard they already have a minimum 130 run head start Pakistan with the NRR. So a 60-70 run win would mean Pakistan would have to win by nearly 200 runs i would say against England or chase whatever target down in probably 15-20 overs.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Had a friend suggest Herschelle Gibbs hitting 170 odd when the Saffas chased down 430 against Australia which is the only knock I can think of that is in the conversation
Guptill’s 236 or whatever it was is up there considering was a quarter final and he carried his bat the entire innings

TheParraboy

Staff member
Question is

Who is best to finish 4th and potentially beat India?

Kiwis probably?

Don’t think Pakistan or Afghanistan stand a chance if they manage to make it. Love Pakistan to be there and win, but can’t see it

simmo1

First Grade
Question is

Kiwis probably?

Don’t think Pakistan or Afghanistan stand a chance if they manage to make it. Love Pakistan to be there and win, but can’t see it

New Zealand probably the best chance at full strength.

A Pakistan v India semi final would be huge though and absolutely hilarious if Pakistan were to win. The Pakistani team would probably all come down with food poisoning before the semi final though.

Eelectrica

Referee
Question is

Kiwis probably?

Pakistan would absolutely love to knock India out of the tournament. It’ll take a fakhar special to do it though.

Afghan spinners won’t worry India much.

NZ probably the best chance if they win the toss and bat first. If Ravindra can keep it going, Williamson back, who knows.
Bat second and they’re toast.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Question is

Kiwis probably?

Pakistan just don't have it in them mentally to beat India in a WC match.

What are they 0/8 or something against India in a World cups its like watching Parramatta v Melbourne in a semi final.

Kiwis were probably the side to give India the biggest scare.

There batsman are in form Ravindra, Mitchell, Kane hasnt missed a beat in his 2 knocks and Glenn Phillips is hitting them well.

I would say the Kiwis.

Guptill’s 236 or whatever it was is up there considering was a quarter final and he carried his bat the entire innings
I feel like it’s difficult to rank first innings totals in the same tier. Guptill’s knock was definitely impressive but I feel like greatness is often derived from match situation.

JJ

Immortal
I wouldn’t say dubiously, but we were unlucky with that. Pakistan were legit ahead when it was called but still has plenty to do.
only in that the maths application is dubious to an outlier match like that - I think 400 has been successfully chased once in the history of ODIs? Yep, they were ahead, but plenty of teams have had great starts and not scored 400 - seems a big extrapolation, I'd prefer points shared at that point, especially, but it is what it is, I still think we win that game, but could have gone either way - Australia started like that against us, didn't get 400 etc etc... unlucky a better term, perhaps - would have been good to see the game completed

Rules is rules, as we found out last time - if we make the semis, India almost certainly beat us, but tbh I think we're a better chance of beating them that Aust , RSA or Pakistan - even without Henry... aside from the RSA game, we've been well in everything

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
If India do go through and win it they will be very worthy champions.

They are a better team when their pace bowlers are in the game and I think they've realised that because the pitches haven't been too dicey.

That said they're due for a loss.

JJ

Immortal
I feel like it’s difficult to rank first innings totals in the same tier. Guptill’s knock was definitely impressive but I feel like greatness is often derived from match situation.
Not arguing for Guptill,,but that was a bigger game. Maxwell’s was remarkable, no mistake, but there are others worth considering too

TheParraboy

Staff member
If India do go through and win it they will be very worthy champions.

They are a better team when their pace bowlers are in the game and I think they've realised that because the pitches haven't been too dicey.

That said they're due for a loss.

As long as we are worthy champions in the 5 game prestigious Wade-Dhoni T20 Trophy, commencing Nov 23rd..

All evens out..

🏆

Latest posts