What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

idris or jennings

Raider_69

Post Whore
im sorry pete, but if you truely believe based off last years performances in FG that Idris is more talented then Croker, then i think with all biased aside, im safe in saying your eye for talent is next to non existant.

Asyhford you MIGHT have a case with... Croker, no chance and i dont think you have to be a biased canberra fan to see that. As i recall last year when the topic come up it was pretty much a landslide result that most RL fans viewed Croker as a far better player.

Big Pete

Referee
did u not see croker carve up hodges in the raiders 56-0 win over the broncos? what freaskish things has idris done?

Jennings is in the top 3 centres already

:lol:

Twas a good performance but even Shane Neumann would've looked awesome in that match given how poorly the Broncos played.

Big Pete

Referee
I agree, Croker would win easily. However that says more about the quality of posters on here and their hatred towards Idris than it does about Croker's ability.

_Johnsy

Referee
Jennings in a heart beat, there is no-one else playing centre that can match his speed.

Johns Magic

Referee
I agree, Croker would win easily. However that says more about the quality of posters on here and their hatred towards Idris than it does about Croker's ability.

What a wank.

Believe it or not I very much dislike the Raiders, I think the raps on Dugan at this stage are very over the top, and I think Shillington is the worst player to pull on a Kangaroo jersey in a good while. But Croker is just a good player.

Croker scored almost double the amount of tries as Idris last year and four times as many try-assists in a far inferior team in the same amount of games. Considering attack is Idris's supposed strength when his defence is often disgustingly poor, I'd say those saying Croker is the better centre are well within their rights.

Get over yourself.

Croker>Idris. Jamaal is a big unit but size is all he has going for him. He is horrible positionally in defence and he's incredibly slow. Jarrod is a talented all round footballer, who as he gets stronger and faster, will only get better. I can see Croker playing rep football, I can't see Idris doing so.

:lol:

Twas a good performance but even Shane Neumann would've looked awesome in that match given how poorly the Broncos played.

That is no excuse. Hodges is apparently one of the world's best centres yet he was upstaged by a rookie. It has nothing to do with the way his team was playing it just showed that Croker was doing some outstanding things that night

skeepe

Immortal
Croker scored almost double the amount of tries as Idris last year and four times as many try-assists in a far inferior team in the same amount of games. Considering attack is Idris's supposed strength when his defence is often disgustingly poor, I'd say those saying Croker is the better centre are well within their rights.

Get over yourself.

Croker's defence is also top notch. He just needs to bulk up a little really. He always gets himself in the right position to make the tackle, but sometimes he gets brushed off because he doesn't have the strength that he needs.

But that'll come, he's only 20.

The only exception seems to be when he comes up against Adam MacDougall. Kinda funny how he can outplay Hodges one week and then be taken to school by a pensioner, but football's like that.

Big Pete

Referee
What a wank.

What is? Using a forum with agenda's as a barometre as to who's the superior player?

You made some good points but tries are hardly the measurement of a great player. Dugan only scored one last season, it doesn't make him any less of a player or inferior to too many other fullbacks (personally, I would've rated him as the 3rd best fullback in the competition). In the other stats. Idris made more tackle breaks, Croker made more runs and as a result more total metres. Both were equal in line breaks.

Believe it or not, Idris was also the better defender if stats are to be believed.

Personally speaking, I would choose Idris over Croker. Idris has more natural ability and has abilities that Croker may never possess.

So to which ever player you decide to side with, you wouldn't be wrong. However I believe Idris is the better prospect.

That is no excuse. Hodges is apparently one of the world's best centres yet he was upstaged by a rookie. It has nothing to do with the way his team was playing it just showed that Croker was doing some outstanding things that night

A number of international players were upstaged that night, it wasn't really a career defining performance for anyone. Rather it was a great team performance by the Raiders and a horrible performance by the Broncs.

GongPanther

Referee
Irrespective of what anyone thinks of both Idris or Jennings,both players will have ample opportunity to do some damage this year.

slammingsam

Juniors
Jennings is a better prospect - he is doing his damage on the back of sheer athleticism.

Croker is also an excellent prospect and is excellent on his feet - very well balanced and great turn of speed.

gronkathon

First Grade
The closest competitor for Jennings at this stage is Chris Lawrence.

Croker would have to have another special season to be placed in the league of those two and Idris needs to learn how to read a game and give 80 minute efforts.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
One of the best young talents in the game. He'll show it this year and I can't wait to see egg on the face of all the haters.

Tom Ace

Bench
Can't believe this is even being discussed.

Jennings is 10 times the player that Idris is.

typicalfan

Coach
Croker's defence is also top notch. He just needs to bulk up a little really. He always gets himself in the right position to make the tackle, but sometimes he gets brushed off because he doesn't have the strength that he needs.

But that'll come, he's only 20.
Actually he isn't 20 until finals time this year, in other words what he did last year was mainly as an 18 year old. One of the youngest rookies of 2009.

Latest posts