What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Newcastle beat Canberra tomorrow......

Walt Flanigan

Referee
In my post I said "by the end of this season".

I'll tell you why I'm so confident.

To begin the year Wigan was at a record of:

4 wins - 2 draws - 2losses

Since those first 8 games they've been:
16 wins - 1 draw - 1 loss

Including a current streak of 9 wins.

I think it's fair to say "they got this".

Wigan to be back to back minor premiers and premiers and throw in a Cup win aswell this year.

Maguire will have essentially the perfect coaching career leading into his time with us.

Warrington might have something to say about that. They're a point behind Wigan but have a ridiculous points differential of 555. They have been destroying teams.

To make a comparison.....Melbourne has the biggest F/A in the NRL which is 233.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Excellent. I await the return of the world beater. He'll be playing next week then?
If Inglis can't take Sutton or Wesser's job then Reynolds wouldn't take Sandow's job, even if he just climbed Mt Everest while you hopping all the way up and down on his surgically repaired knee. Lang is like that. It's going to require someone intelligent like Maguire with the best halves coach in the business, Matty Johns, to do what is needed in our spine.

9 Luke
7 Reynolds
6 Inglis
1 Merritt

Champion spine. Maguire will make it happen. Matty will turn Reynolds into Cronk.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
Warrington might have something to say about that. They're a point behind Wigan but have a ridiculous points differential of 555. They have been destroying teams.

So if Wigan don't win the ESL this year, will Jerry McGuire still be as highly regarded by BM? I mean, he won't have a 'perfect' record heading to Souths? And while we're talking Souths, will GI have a go tomorrow night or will he be immune from attempting to get involved because he is a centre?

BunniesMan

Immortal

I'm familiar with the super league. Warrington have been beating up the little guys. Wigan just convincingly knocked them out of the cup and beat another top team in St Helens as part of their current streak of 9 wins.

Warrington (and out future player Matt King) are good but when they come up against Wigan they're proven to be not quite good enough. Maguire has them finely drilled and has them peaking at the business end of the season.

If Wigan can knock out Warrington in the cup like that, they can win the comp.

Jubes

Juniors

Nah bro, they've got this. Bunnies Man is never wrong.

Spot On

Coach
If Inglis can't take Sutton or Wesser's job then Reynolds wouldn't take Sandow's job, even if just climbed Mt Everest while you hopping all the way up and down on his surgically repaired knee. Lang is like that. It's going to require someone intelligent like Maguire with the best halves coach in the business, Matty Johns, to do what is needed in our spine.

9 Luke
7 Reynolds
6 Inglis
1 Merritt

Champion spine. Maguire will make it happen. Matty will turn Reynolds into Cronk.

Ah, that's unfortunate. Imagine a player of Reynold's ability being held back by a bloke who won't be there next year. A travesty indeed. Just who is in charge of the hiring and firing down there? Why deny a star in the making some first grade experience when the season is gone and there are still a few rounds left for him to cut his teeth so to speak?

Silent Knight

First Grade
Ah, that's unfortunate. Imagine a player of Reynold's ability being held back by a bloke who won't be there next year. A travesty indeed. Just who is in charge of the hiring and firing down there? Why deny a star in the making some first grade experience when the season is gone and there are still a few rounds left for him to cut his teeth so to speak?

Haven't you heard? LOL@50uff$ is going to win all their remaining regular season games, beat Melbourne at AAMI Park and then go on to win the 2011 premiership. They've got this.

natheel

Coach
If Inglis can't take Sutton or Wesser's job then Reynolds wouldn't take Sandow's job, even if just climbed Mt Everest while you hopping all the way up and down on his surgically repaired knee. Lang is like that. It's going to require someone intelligent like Maguire with the best halves coach in the business, Matty Johns, to do what is needed in our spine.

9 Luke
7 Reynolds
6 Inglis
1 Merritt

:lol: thanks for that BM i havnt laughed like that for a long time.

seriously Manly have a better spine than that

Merrit - decent player but no world beater
Inglis - is a centre...just coz the daily telegraph said they should turn him into a 6 doesn't mean they're right
Reynolds - unproven
Luke - probably the only one in that spine that will hold the 'champion' tag.

on inglis...how can souths fans honestly be happy with this bloke?

he played bloody well for qld yet the next game for souths he is as quiet as a mouse.

now if he was in storm colours he would've lifted and would be the form centre in the comp by now.

he has no heart for Souths and i feel sorry for loyal souths fans. but not sorry for BM because he is unrealistic...and still thinks inglis is worth 600k (considering the form he has produced this year)

Allstar Knights

Juniors

9 Luke
7 Reynolds
6 Inglis
1 Merritt

Champion spine :lol::lol::lol:

1. Merritt - Would be down the bottom of the fullbacks list with the likes of McKinnon, Wesser, Moltzen, McDonnell etc
6. Inglis - I don't care what awards he's got at 5/8, he's a centre or a fullback. He's a runner with the ball, not a playmaker
7. Reynolds - Just another rookie who has shown promise. Doesn't mean he'll cut it at FG. A prime example of that is Beau Henry who was NYC Player Of The Year, and is struggling big time in the top grade
9 Luke - The only player I rate in your spine. Admittedly he's a very good hooker on song, but is extremely inconsistent, particularly this year.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
A jellyfish has got a better spine than that. Merritt will be bombed all day. Inglis is a ballrunner not a passer, the centres and wingers may as well stay at home. This untried kid is just that, an untried kid. Luke gas been a major disappointment this season and I believe he will continue to be. In conclusion bunniesman is a gimp.

Jubes

Juniors
Haven't you heard? LOL@50uff$ is going to win all their remaining regular season games, beat Melbourne at AAMI Park and then go on to win the 2011 premiership. They've got this.

We should just give them the trophey now, they've got this.

Spot On

Coach

Inglis - is a centre...just coz the daily telegraph said they should turn him into a 6 doesn't mean they're right
Reynolds - unproven

he played bloody well for qld yet the next game for souths he is as quiet as a mouse.

now if he was in storm colours he would've lifted and would be the form centre in the comp by now.

he has no heart for Souths and i feel sorry for loyal souths fans. but not sorry for BM because he is unrealistic...and still thinks inglis is worth 600k (considering the form he has produced this year)

FOR f**kS SAKE NATHEEL, HAVEN'T YOU SEEN THE BRONCOS GAME. THE BRONCOS GAME MATE. YOU KNOW THE GAME WHERE SOUTHS PLAYED THE BRONCOS. GREG INGLIS PLAYED THE BEST GAME BY A CENTRE IN THE HISTORY OF RUGBY LEAGUE. ONE GAME THIS SEASON. HE WAS DOMINANT. HE WAS MAGNIFICENT. HE WAS BRILLIANT. I MEAN, WHAT MORE DO YOU EXPECT. HE CAN'T PLAY WELL EVERY WEEK. HE'S A CENTRE. THEY DON'T GET THE OPPORTUNITY TO PLAY WELL EVERY WEEK. JUST ONE WEEK A YEAR. GREG HAS DONE THAT NOW. HE DOESN'T AND SHOULDN'T HAVE TO HAVE A GO AGAIN THIS YEAR.

BunniesMan

Immortal

Reynolds - unproven

Inglis has been limited by his position.

And if you think he can't be a 6 you're an idiot. How many people who have won a CC medal at a certain position AND won the dally m award for that position can't play that position?

Inglis - CC medallist as a 6.
Inglis - Dally M five eighth of the year.
Inglis - can be a champion 6 and will be under the right coaching.

Spot On

Coach
A jellyfish has got a better spine than that. Merritt will be bombed all day. Inglis is a ballrunner not a passer, the centres and wingers may as well stay at home. This untried kid is just that, an untried kid. Luke gas been a major disappointment this season and I believe he will continue to be. In conclusion bunniesman is a gimp.

Finally the truth! And yes, Isaac Luke, who I really do like as a player, can be very, very lazy as well. He has not been anywhere near his best. I'm sure that will be blamed on the injuries to the pack.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Finally the truth! And yes, Isaac Luke, who I really do like as a player, can be very, very lazy as well. He has not been anywhere near his best. I'm sure that will be blamed on the injuries to the pack.
Precisely. He's at his best when we're rolling forward and have the defensive line on the back foot. Burgess is the best at the game at making that happen, Asotasi and Taylor are up there as well and he just hasn't had that momentum to be able to be at his damaging best. Although I did think he was very good against the Dragons and hopefully with Dave back Luke will tear up the Eels.

Spot On

Coach
You know BM, there's every chance that the cattle Souths have are just not that good and that the injuries are just an excuse for another dismal year. Plenty of teams have had horrific injury tolls and are currently in the eight. Tigers and Newcastle to name two.

shane1970

Juniors
The Knights have used the MOST players out of any club this year - so NO we have been decimated by injuries this year crap

Latest posts