What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Newcastle beat Canberra tomorrow......

Silent Knight

First Grade
You know BM, there's every chance that the cattle Souths have are just not that good and that the injuries are just an excuse for another dismal year. Plenty of teams have had horrific injury tolls and are currently in the eight. Tigers and Newcastle to name two.

Yeah well the Knights and Tigers have one thing that the Rabbletohs are sorely lacking. It's this thing called depth.

BunniesMan

Immortal
You know BM, there's every chance that the cattle Souths have are just not that good and that the injuries are just an excuse for another dismal year. Plenty of teams have had horrific injury tolls and are currently in the eight. Tigers and Newcastle to name two.
Noone else has lose players concentrated in one part of the field.

We lost our first 3 props in our rotation. Both 2nd rowers. Starting lock.

It would be like another team losing both centres AND both wings AND their fb.

Losing one centre, one wing, one back rower and one front rower for example, is nowhere near as damaging

BunniesMan

Immortal
Yeah well the Knights and Tigers have one thing that the Rabbletohs are sorely lacking. It's this thing called depth.
It's called competent coaching. When we get it we'll beable to overcome any injury that goes our way.
In a cheat team....
In 2007 they were only fractionally over the cap. Other teams have been slightly over the cap and just paid small fines.

If the Storm didn't do what they did after that year they never would have had to give up the 07 premiership.

shane1970

Juniors
Noone else has lose players concentrated in one part of the field.

We lost our first 3 props in our rotation. Both 2nd rowers. Starting lock.

It would be like another team losing both centres AND both wings AND their fb.

Losing one centre, one wing, one back rower and one front rower for example, is nowhere near as damaging
Come on fellas - I now see where BM is coming from - we should all now rally around Mr. Gallop - explain the above - and please ask for some compensation - preferably competition points along with some attacking points to improve their differential - perhaps 26 for each game they have had there 'concentrated injuries'

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Canberra played the first 8 or 9 games (I think this year has been a blur) without 3/4 first choice members of the spine. Now one of them is an utterly terrible hooker but he is still first choice for some reason.

Injuries are just excuses BM.

natheel

Coach
FOR f**kS SAKE NATHEEL, HAVEN'T YOU SEEN THE BRONCOS GAME. THE BRONCOS GAME MATE. YOU KNOW THE GAME WHERE SOUTHS PLAYED THE BRONCOS. GREG INGLIS PLAYED THE BEST GAME BY A CENTRE IN THE HISTORY OF RUGBY LEAGUE. ONE GAME THIS SEASON. HE WAS DOMINANT. HE WAS MAGNIFICENT. HE WAS BRILLIANT. I MEAN, WHAT MORE DO YOU EXPECT. HE CAN'T PLAY WELL EVERY WEEK. HE'S A CENTRE. THEY DON'T GET THE OPPORTUNITY TO PLAY WELL EVERY WEEK. JUST ONE WEEK A YEAR. GREG HAS DONE THAT NOW. HE DOESN'T AND SHOULDN'T HAVE TO HAVE A GO AGAIN THIS YEAR.

Haha yeah I heard about that game...heard he played the best game of his career....

Jason Maher

Immortal
Ok I'll break it down for you.

Elliott: 1 premiership in 5 years. 2 minor premierships in 5 years.
Maguire: 2 premierships in 2 years. 2 minor premierships in 2 years.

By the end of this season Maguire will have more success in half as much time.

And back then the super league was in its infancy with few aussie players. Now it's at a much higher level filled with aussie players. It's a lot tougher now than it was in Elliott's day, and yet still Maguire has more success.

Oh get f**ked BM! Im a Wigan fan, and you're second only to the great moffo for giving a team the kiss of death.

betcats

Referee
If Inglis can't take Sutton or Wesser's job then Reynolds wouldn't take Sandow's job, even if he just climbed Mt Everest while you hopping all the way up and down on his surgically repaired knee. Lang is like that. It's going to require someone intelligent like Maguire with the best halves coach in the business, Matty Johns, to do what is needed in our spine.

9 Luke
7 Reynolds
6 Inglis
1 Merritt

Champion spine. Maguire will make it happen. Matty will turn Reynolds into Cronk.

haha i fail to see how thats a champion spine. Luke has been pretty dissapointing, Merrit is nothing special (being nice), Reynolds is unproven and Inglis at five eight I dont see working out. He'd be a better FB.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Oh get f**ked BM! Im a Wigan fan, and you're second only to the great moffo for giving a team the kiss of death.
I watched the replay of the Challenge cup semi against St Helens last night...fmd this side is coached well. Plays in attack executed with precision. Outstanding defense. They've very good at getting up as a line and really grind the opposition to a standstill. And the way they keep that up for the entire game, they really have been trained to become extremely fit.

They are head and shoulders the best team in the comp and I've recently learned noone has won the league-cup double in the super league era. I'm picking Wigan to do just that.

Back to back premierships.
Back to back minor premierships.
And a cup win to top it all off.

Maguire to drill those things I saw with Wigan into us in the off season, Souths to have the least points conceded in 2012.
haha i fail to see how thats a champion spine. Luke has been pretty dissapointing, Merrit is nothing special (being nice), Reynolds is unproven and Inglis at five eight I dont see working out. He'd be a better FB.
Firstly this logic that Inglis at 6 wouldnt work out...he's won a CC medal as a 6 and a Dally M five eighth of the year award. He'll work out as a 6.

Would he be even better ar 1? I'm not necessarily disagreeing with that but I'd put him at 6 because we actually have players that would do a good job at FB, we have no good five eighth (Sutton won't be playing five eighth).

whall15

Coach
Ok I'll break it down for you.

Elliott: 1 premiership in 5 years. 2 minor premierships in 5 years.
Maguire: 2 premierships in 2 years. 2 minor premierships in 2 years.

By the end of this season Maguire will have more success in half as much time.

And back then the super league was in its infancy with few aussie players. Now it's at a much higher level filled with aussie players. It's a lot tougher now than it was in Elliott's day, and yet still Maguire has more success.

Anderson: 4 minor premierships, 2 challenge cups, 1 premiership, 1 world club challenge in 4 years

Anderson is also the only Rugby League coach to ever win the BBC Coach of the Year, other winners include the two best managers (coaches) of the modern era Alex Ferguson and Jose Mourinho.

Anderson did a great job with an Eels side in 2010 which is much better than the 2012 50uff$ side.

Fingerbang

Bench
Inglis was also 50kg lighter when he played 5/8 for Storm. He also has another off season to balloon further before season 2012 starts.l

Latest posts