What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Sevens were to make the Olympics...

Redsfan

Juniors
Some of you may be aware the Rugby Sevens is (again) trying desperately to get into the Olympics (for 2016 I think).

Now, obviously there are some incredibly talented footballers in the NRL, and if Sevens does get accepted, I think it'd be beneficial for both codes if they were eligible. Sevens looks pretty much like league anyway, so there wouldn't be any problems adapting.

Thoughts?

Teddyboy

First Grade
Yes a mixed squad for Australia/England and New Zealand be good.
It's a crime how Rugby 7's is not in the twatting Olympics when they have had sh*t like Baseball in before and Rugby is up against it again.

Murphdogg1

Juniors
Benji Marshall really would go great guns at Rugby Sevens - it's made for him.

ARU really couldn't care less about Sevens so their team would improve 10 fold with some NRL stars in there.

NZ would still dominate though :cool:

El Diablo

Post Whore
thered be no yawnion players in the team if they decided to let NRL players play

silly idea

won't get in anyway. even the IOC are not stipid enough to think any form of rugby ugly is worthy of being an Olympic sport

Teddyboy

First Grade
It be great seeing an auusie NRL team alongside a Kiwi and english duel code team and then the Fijian union.

Yngwie_70

Juniors
Hang on fellas. As a sport lover, I would love to see a rugby game where the forwards where Wallabies and the backs Kangaroos. Now that would be a team. Might be a reality in the coming decades as I cannot see both sports being able to sustain themselves individually. And unfortunately, I think it might be RL which will have to make the hard decisions. Anyway, we shall see!

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
Yep I totally agree about time there was a mixed code game played in one form or another even if it is only 7's the sooner the game of RUGBY UNITED is born out of rugby league and rugby union the better.

Titanic

First Grade
Yep I totally agree about time there was a mixed code game played in one form or another even if it is only 7's the sooner the game of RUGBY UNITED is born out of rugby league and rugby union the better.

Yep - League would finally put them to the sword... good riddance.

DeeJ

Bench
Hang on fellas. As a sport lover, I would love to see a rugby game where the forwards where Wallabies and the backs Kangaroos. Now that would be a team. Might be a reality in the coming decades as I cannot see both sports being able to sustain themselves individually. And unfortunately, I think it might be RL which will have to make the hard decisions. Anyway, we shall see!

Well half the wallabies current backline are ex league players so its practically a reality already.

adamkungl

Immortal

Why??? Neither League fans or Union fans want it.

_Johnsy

Referee
Why not just have the league players play the 7's, nrl players shyte all over the wallabies. Tahu walks into a wallaby jumper, cross walks into a wallaby jumper, barnes walks into a wallaby jumper, lote walks into a wallaby umper, wendell walks into a wallaby jumper. Is there a pattern developing here ?

Teddyboy

First Grade

Rugby one code.
United we stand
divided we fall.

typicalfan

Coach
Please tell me why we would want our NRL players on the world stage where playing RU with cashed up Euro clubs signing them overnight?

whichever players play would be playing for millions in France or Italy before the years end

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Please tell me why we would want our NRL players on the world stage where playing RU with cashed up Euro clubs signing them overnight?

whichever players play would be playing for millions in France or Italy before the years end

France yes.

Italy :lol:

adamkungl

Immortal
Yep your dead right the ones still with an 1895 attitude would never want it.:crazy:

They're two different games. Each with their own largely separate audiences. Why make them one? There is no reason to merge Rugby Union and Rugby League any more than there is to merge Soccer and Aussie Rules

Latest posts