What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If your team was rissoled

BDH

Juniors
This thread is full of bullsh*t responses.

You all SAY you would no longer watch league, however the evidence points to the fact that you indeed would. By that I mean, the evidence suggests that after a short time, RL fans do return to watching the sport in some aspect. The forming of Broncos and death of QRL, Souths reinstatement, Super League war, the mergers post SL, Storm salary cap scandal, etc. all proves this.

Flame away all you want ladies; however I know, you know, we all know that 99% of you would in fact, follow RL in some form after your team died.

P.S. If you guys ONLY support your chosen team and not the sport, why are you posting on a RL forum? Your teams all have forums out there, specific to your team and with one-eyed supporters yet you come here to argue with RL fans????

Chook Norris

First Grade
I'd find it hard to support another team.. i'd still watch the game, then probably eventually follow the tigpies

Loudstrat

Coach
This thread is full of bullsh*t responses.

You all SAY you would no longer watch league, however the evidence points to the fact that you indeed would. By that I mean, the evidence suggests that after a short time, RL fans do return to watching the sport in some aspect. The forming of Broncos and death of QRL, Souths reinstatement, Super League war, the mergers post SL, Storm salary cap scandal, etc. all proves this.

Flame away all you want ladies; however I know, you know, we all know that 99% of you would in fact, follow RL in some form after your team died.

P.S. If you guys ONLY support your chosen team and not the sport, why are you posting on a RL forum? Your teams all have forums out there, specific to your team and with one-eyed supporters yet you come here to argue with RL fans????

Typical passionless Bronco supporter. There is no evidence that you speak of. In fact, the average crowd of the merged clubs is less than the sum of the averages of both sides pre mergers.

Has it ever occurred to you that we post on a RL forum because we follow RL clubs???? Duh!!!!

Newtown were kicked out on me , it took 2 years to support the Raiders thats only when Chicka Ferguson joined them.

If the raiders were kicked out Id probably watch league but the passion for the sport would be gone.

BDH

Juniors
Typical passionless Bronco supporter. There is no evidence that you speak of. In fact, the average crowd of the merged clubs is less than the sum of the averages of both sides pre mergers.

Has it ever occurred to you that we post on a RL forum because we follow RL clubs???? Duh!!!!

No it didn't. You a one of the most vocal people on this forum and you argue ALL topics and aspects of RL.

To try and tell us that you aren't a fan of the sport of RL would suggest that either you are a loser with no life apart from this forum or you are indeed a fan of the sport of Rugby League.

If you were simply a fan of Parramatta, why is 70% (or more looking at the threads you have started) of your posts not in a Parramatta forum and in fact involve general Rugby League?

But hey, that makes sense, you better throw a useless insult in somewhere, fool.

If the raiders folded then i can only go on what happens when the raiders have a bye...and that is i would probably lose all interest in the NRL.
Sure i may enjoy SOO or tests as a spectacle but as for picking up another team, I just couldnt do it. Its not like there is an NRL team 10 munites down the road like there is in sydney.

Plus, bandwagoners and turncoats make me sick and living in a city that is chock full of them, i have been turned off pretty much any other team in the comp as a result.
"Who do you go for?"
"Storm"
"Why?"
"Because they are the best"

sh*ts me off no end.

And tbh, i couldnt give a flying f**k whether people dont like the notion of supporting your club before the game, because thats the way i feel.

Loudstrat

Coach
No it didn't. You a one of the most vocal people on this forum and you argue ALL topics and aspects of RL.

To try and tell us that you aren't a fan of the sport of RL would suggest that either you are a loser with no life apart from this forum or you are indeed a fan of the sport of Rugby League.

If you were simply a fan of Parramatta, why is 70% (or more looking at the threads you have started) of your posts not in a Parramatta forum and in fact involve general Rugby League?

But hey, that makes sense, you better throw a useless insult in somewhere, fool.
So that comment was based on my response?

Good one troll. Looks like you are the loser without a life - haijacking threads to facilitate your own pathetic personal agenda :roll:

And if you think I aint a RL fan that will just about do me. I know your brain is defective at the best of times but fair dinkum you are a three sucks short of a full blow job.

I take a casual interest in lots of sports. It goes no further because I cannot adopt, with passion, any team or competitor as I do with League. But as a passionate Parra fan the joy I derive out of seeing gloom on opponents faces when we win also illicits a passionate response - to the negative. Example - twice a year I have wanted Saints to lose - averaging to at least 70 times I have wanted Saints to lose. If Parra was punted I suddenly turn all that around?

Only a tard like you could adopt another side so willy nilly. Besides, if Parra was punted the code wouldn't be worth following anyway.

How many Rams fans still follow the code????????

Loudstrat

Coach
And another thing knobjockey - take my club away (you already took my second and fight like hell against letting it back in) and what is RL to me?
Melbourne cheating. Super League killing off good clubs and alienating good fans. A code dying in the bush. A plaything to a media mogul. Occasional joy through watching quality rep games - when their eligibility status isn't compromised. Occasional joy through watching a side like the Tigers win a comp.

We live with the memory of much evil and heartless crap that was never part of the sporting landscape pre 1995. It's our clubs that have kept us interested in a code that has otherwise pissed us off no end.

Billythekid

First Grade
And another thing knobjockey - take my club away (you already took my second and fight like hell against letting it back in) and what is RL to me?
Melbourne cheating. Super League killing off good clubs and alienating good fans. A code dying in the bush. A plaything to a media mogul. Occasional joy through watching quality rep games - when their eligibility status isn't compromised. Occasional joy through watching a side like the Tigers win a comp.

We live with the memory of much evil and heartless crap that was never part of the sporting landscape pre 1995. It's our clubs that have kept us interested in a code that has otherwise pissed us off no end.

The reason i keep watching is because it's a great sport and it's fun to watch.

This year the storm matches have meant nothing and i haven't really taken much of an interest in them. I still watched the majority of games every weekend and really enjoyed doing so.

If my club died i wouldn't be able to support anyone else and obviously i wouldn't be quite as vested in the sport as i am now.

I certainly wouldn't give it up though.

gregstar

Referee
spot on!..
that is the reason why i am club first, code second.

before the superleague debacle, i read, bought & attended almost everything to do with league.

my club was f*cked around left right & centre because of it. we lost players, our coach, our ceo & then looked like losing our identity in a merger with easts. all thanks to the stupidity, arrogance & outright shamefulness of cretins running or attempting to run the league.

now i follow my club, but i do not buy any literature etc & most of my time on this forum is spent laughing as opposed to being too caught up in the game.

i just love it when the thought police tell me how to think or what i am thinking.

Loudstrat

Coach
I dunno whether I would give it up totally. I know I wouldn't be buying jerseys, magazines, books or altering my weekends around TV screening times.

Looks like BDH again has NFI in his assumptions.

Danish

Referee
Already happened.

Still maintained an interest in league, and kinda sorta started being interested in the Tigers.

This post is classic...

Its like you're admitting to the bunnies you cheated on them.

All you needed was to say "but the tigers meant nothing to me, I swear"

:p

Loudstrat

Coach
spot on!..
that is the reason why i am club first, code second.

before the superleague debacle, i read, bought & attended almost everything to do with league.

my club was f*cked around left right & centre because of it. we lost players, our coach, our ceo & then looked like losing our identity in a merger with easts. all thanks to the stupidity, arrogance & outright shamefulness of cretins running or attempting to run the league.

now i follow my club, but i do not buy any literature etc & most of my time on this forum is spent laughing as opposed to being too caught up in the game.

i just love it when the thought police tell me how to think or what i am thinking.

Me too. The season ticket I once had went because I moved. However, the RLW subscription, the books etc all went. I used to check the Bears and Jets reserve grade rosters to see who was in or out. I used to check Manly's FG side to see if the broke the 13 import rule. I religiously did the corny crosswords "Down. 3. Nickname of Magpies fullback. J O E C O O L".

Post 1995 and the SL bullsh*t and all the feral bullsh*t that goes with it - no more. Pre SL no one ever thought of punting a rival fans club.

People like BDH just don't get it - because they came along post 1995 and just have this pathetic Gen Y "me me me" attitude. They wouldn't have a clue about following a Kangaroo tour or getting to bed late every Wednesday night because Balmain were playing Central Queensland at Scully Park in the Amco Cup. Or getting to the ground at 11.30 on Sunday Morning to see all 3 grades.

All that is gone. Only the skeleton remains. And the integrity of my club.

Perth Red

Post Whore
What year was Newtown kicked out? Could have sworn it was pre SL?

Given not one single person has stated they would switch to AFL and watch the Swans or Lions can we finally put to bed the myth that culling RL clubs causes tens of thousands of RL fans to switch to AFL?

Mr Spock!

Referee
Me too. The season ticket I once had went because I moved. However, the RLW subscription, the books etc all went. I used to check the Bears and Jets reserve grade rosters to see who was in or out. I used to check Manly's FG side to see if the broke the 13 import rule. I religiously did the corny crosswords "Down. 3. Nickname of Magpies fullback. J O E C O O L".

Post 1995 and the SL bullsh*t and all the feral bullsh*t that goes with it - no more. Pre SL no one ever thought of punting a rival fans club.

People like BDH just don't get it - because they came along post 1995 and just have this pathetic Gen Y "me me me" attitude. They wouldn't have a clue about following a Kangaroo tour or getting to bed late every Wednesday night because Balmain were playing Central Queensland at Scully Park in the Amco Cup. Or getting to the ground at 11.30 on Sunday Morning to see all 3 grades.

All that is gone. Only the skeleton remains. And the integrity of my club.

I agree. I thought it was just me. Got rid of my RLW and Big League collection gathered over 20 years. I used to read every page including NSW Country and every team list in Big League from First Grade to U/23s. Haven't bought one since Souths got the a**e. As well as that lost the team I supported in the BRL as well.
This was a time when the only NSWRL games were shown on Tuesday night at 10:30pm. Had to fight my parents to stay up. Now I hardly bother recording or watching.

Latest posts