What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Immediate changes from Bennett

Kiwi

First Grade
I hope that side is more about spelling names wrong that what you think the team should be

Dazzat

First Grade
As one can see - commenting on spelling on posts rather than subject matter really inspires greater levels of discussion. Should we start a "Spelling and grammar" thread? Anyone?

Big Pete

Referee
As one can see - commenting on spelling on posts rather than subject matter really inspires greater levels of discussion. Should we start a "Spelling and grammar" thread? Anyone?

It's not our fault it results in epic sooking. *shrug*

Dazzat

First Grade
It's not our fault it results in epic sooking. *shrug*

Pete ... you have amazing powers of perception Pete. To look into my emotions and determine that I'm "sooking". You should be a psychiatrist.

On another note (continuing with the violin theme) - that team is about the best we have. Although definitely not happy starting with Hala, but if Kennedy leaves, the only other option is Parka.

Big Pete

Referee
I'll pass. I can only put up with so many middle aged tantrums before it begins to get dull.

It's a fair effort at a 17 FWIW. Copley should never play wing again, Glenn should still be in the team in some capacity at this stage but a lot of it will come down to pre-season form.

some11

Referee
You're a good egg Daz and it's nothing personal, it just shits me when people get players names wrong since they're plastered all over the media.

This mainly comes from a Larry David 'I have to take a stand against petty things' ideology. Farrah, Fafita, Ingliss, Moriss, Hodgkinson etc - it makes me loose my mind.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
You're a good egg Daz and it's nothing personal, it just shits me when people get players names wrong since they're plastered all over the media.

This mainly comes from a Larry David 'I have to take a stand against petty things' ideology. Farrah, Fafita, Ingliss, Moriss, Hodgkinson etc - it makes me loose my mind.

Oh sh!t I would have got Fifita wrong :eek:

Please tell me you are taking the piss with the latter typo?

Big Pete

Referee
I still dont know whether it's Copely or Copley

In fairness, neither does Locky. :lol:

From my end, the spelling was just a off-the-cuff dig at people who'd constantly attack the coach for not selecting a player they clearly hadn't watched much of.

It just grew from there.

Dazzat

First Grade

You know what mate ... that's not my problem ... it's yours. If you get hung up with bad spelling, then I have a little bit of bad news for you mate. There's a world full of people who get spelling wrong occasionally.

I should know - I edited a magazine for 11 years so I've corrected thousands of articles. I've published around 90 magazines and worked with sub-editors, journalists and proof-readers. I've written probably thousands of articles and a book, and was awarded as the top students at a University.

I'm not saying all this to boast - just to give you some idea of my experience.

Perfection in spelling and grammar is non-existence, so unless you get over you're little spelling fetish, you'll have a miserable life.

I've been nit-picked over one player's name. Seems crazy. But I know its about shooting the messenger.

Dazzat

First Grade
In fairness, neither does Locky. :lol:

From my end, the spelling was just a off-the-cuff dig at people who'd constantly attack the coach for not selecting a player they clearly hadn't watched much of.

It just grew from there.

Let's face it Pete ... my frustration (and that of some others on this forum) was proven to be sound judgement, only underlined by the club's decision to end Griffin's tenure.

I remember the year before you were pluming or the selection of Baptiste. How is that different to my calling for the selection of Granville?

Spot On

Coach
On another note (get the pun - violin ... note ... music) ... Barba's rumoured move to the Sharks makes me think that the "family reasons" given for his moving to Brisbane were a pile of hooey.

This made me lol. Surely you are not just arriving at this conclusion??? It's all about compassion for Ben. Brissy are a very compassionate club. However, that may be about to change.....

Big Pete

Referee
Dazzat said:
I remember the year before you were pluming or the selection of Baptiste. How is that different to my calling for the selection of Granville?

It was never an anti-Granville remark.

Your misspelling just happened to remind me of the complaint. You chose to take it differently, ran with it and been sooking about in on here ever since.

FYI, Baptiste isn't the only player I've suggested giving a go on here. The difference is, I didn't hold the omissions over the coach and actually went out of my way to watch them play - full games too, not just highlights.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
You know what mate ... that's not my problem ... it's yours. If you get hung up with bad spelling, then I have a little bit of bad news for you mate. There's a world full of people who get spelling wrong occasionally.

I should know - I edited a magazine for 11 years so I've corrected thousands of articles. I've published around 90 magazines and worked with sub-editors, journalists and proof-readers. I've written probably thousands of articles and a book, and was awarded as the top students at a University.

I'm not saying all this to boast - just to give you some idea of my experience.

Perfection in spelling and grammar is non-existence, so unless you get over you're little spelling fetish, you'll have a miserable life.

I've been nit-picked over one player's name. Seems crazy. But I know its about shooting the messenger.

look mate Logan tafe is not a university

Dazzat

First Grade
This made me lol. Surely you are not just arriving at this conclusion??? It's all about compassion for Ben. Brissy are a very compassionate club. However, that may be about to change.....

Why so? Unless Barba is moving to Sydney with his partner and his children, then I have every right to raise this question.

Do his children no longer need him? Are they suddenly 17-year-olds and no longer need their father, or are they moving to Sydney with him.

As mentioned before in this forum, I've heard there were other circumstances that forced Barba out of the Bulldogs other than what was publicised.

In regard to "compassion", I imagine you are suggesting that Bennett is not compassionate. One only needs to know a little of Bennett's relationships and ethos to know this is just a falsehood.

The big difference you will find between Griffin and Bennett is Bennett puts a much higher value upon integrity. Bennett will set standards and if they are compromised then a player will immediately know. This approach is compassionate.

Latest posts