What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Immediate changes from Bennett

Toshiba

Juniors
Poor Darius, answering questions about a footy game must be too hard for someone on $400 000 a year...

It reminds me of something Ikin says: players happily accept all the positives of being a professional footballer but never the responsibilities and drawbacks.

Ikin is a merkin. But he's got that right about a few of them

Dazzat

First Grade
I'm a member Mummy and I want ALL players to be nice to the press ...!! Waahhhaah!! A hundred of two players being nice isn't good enough Mummy.

Kiwi

First Grade
I love the "reportedly" paying up to half his salary for two years, considering it was "reported" we were paying him 350k a season for the first two years why would we pay an extra 50k to have him play at another club? The most I saw "reported" was 500k a season, which again why would be pay 80% of what we were paying him? Seems like dodgey made up numbers all over the shop. No one truly knows. I guess the great thing is we are stronger, better, well coached and have free cap space for some serious talent.

Bronco18

Juniors
I thought I heard 600k a season when he first signed with us, but I don't remember from where. Might be less.

Last edited:

hellteam

First Grade
What I've seen from Blair for the Tigers hasn't been good, but I was impressed with him at front row in the Four Nations.

Dazzat

First Grade
What I've seen from Blair for the Tigers hasn't been good, but I was impressed with him at front row in the Four Nations.

Agreed. Blair was ordinary for Wests, particularly 2013. He had some better patches this year.

Kiwi

First Grade
So our side could look something like this

1 - Boyd
2 - Copely
3 - Reed
4 - Hodges
5 - Vidot
6 - Milford
7 - Hunt
8 - McGuire
9 - McCullough
10 - Blair
11 - Glenn
12 - Thaiday/Gillett
13 - Parker

14 - Oates
15 - Gavet/Joe O/Garbutt
16 - Thaiday/Gillett
17 - Joe O/Garbutt/Gavet

Awesome side

Dazzat

First Grade
Add the new live wire No. 9 from Ipswich and you've got a team. Add FPN and its dusted.

Big Pete

Referee
When it comes to new signings, I've got to admit, I get rose coloured glasses and always try and look at the glass half full. With Blair, I'm thinking, great, now Bennett can feel comfortable playing Parker at lock, Thaiday on the fringe and we've got really good depth.

But then if you told me about the Dragons or some fringe club at about that level were chasing after Boyd, Blair, Gavet, Waddell etc. I reckon they'd be pretty ordinary signings.

Time is certainly going to tell but on the surface, if Bennett can get more out of Blair and all these other players then he deserves all the credit in the world.

But as of right now, I'm getting Ashton Sims vibes.

1qaz

Juniors
Blair is a very good signing.
I have bumped into him few times over the years with his mates at Easts.
He never felt like one of the boys at the Tigers.
Top bloke as well.

Dazzat

First Grade
I'm liking have two Kiwi bros in the front row - not to mention a Tongan.

Oh ... Mitchell Dodds looked pretty good at training. Don't forget him. I'm predicting he'll have a huge 2015.

DeeJ

Bench
Hopefully we aren't paying too much for Blair and his performances for the Tigers have been shit. However I trust Bennett in getting the best out of players.

DeeJ

Bench
I'm liking have two Kiwi bros in the front row - not to mention a Tongan.

Oh ... Mitchell Dodds looked pretty good at training. Don't forget him. I'm predicting he'll have a huge 2015.

Would like to see Dodds get another chance. He was improving every week last year and his defense is awesome to watch.

Also, let's hope they don't bring that infamous Kiwi laziness.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Blair is a very good signing.
I have bumped into him few times over the years with his mates at Easts.
He never felt like one of the boys at the Tigers.
Top bloke as well.

Well, there goes my theory of Elia playing the law of averages and shitting on every signing the club makes. :lol:

When is Dane coming home?

user_nat

Coach
Eh.. hard to get excited about Blair. Good player at Melbourne, but generally crap at the Tigers.

I guess there is potential at least. Would be interesting to know how much we are paying.

League guru

Juniors
When it comes to new signings, I've got to admit, I get rose coloured glasses and always try and look at the glass half full. With Blair, I'm thinking, great, now Bennett can feel comfortable playing Parker at lock, Thaiday on the fringe and we've got really good depth.

But then if you told me about the Dragons or some fringe club at about that level were chasing after Boyd, Blair, Gavet, Waddell etc. I reckon they'd be pretty ordinary signings.

Time is certainly going to tell but on the surface, if Bennett can get more out of Blair and all these other players then he deserves all the credit in the world.

But as of right now, I'm getting Ashton Sims vibes.

I agree 100 percent. I think form wise they are average signings. Waddell in particular, Bennett didn't, give him that much time at Newcastle.

Ashton Sims & Joel Clinton Vibes. Bennett doesn't,t get it right all the time.

Dazzat

First Grade
Blair brings experience - which will be very important.

Bennett and Peter Nolan will be looking at other aspects other than playing talent. If rumours are to be believed, Bennett's biggest challenge will be healing the schisms in the team and the recruitment strategy will include players who bring that aspect to the team. Of course, members of the general public will never know about these aspects because the press rarely talk about them.

League guru

Juniors
Blair brings experience - which will be very important.

Bennett and Peter Nolan will be looking at other aspects other than playing talent. If rumours are to be believed, Bennett's biggest challenge will be healing the schisms in the team and the recruitment strategy will include players who bring that aspect to the team. Of course, members of the general public will never know about these aspects because the press rarely talk about them.

You are having me on. Where do you get this stuff from. The schism in the team ? Are you trying to tell me that Nolan makes the call on who they recruit. Maybe the schoolboys that play NYC. This is all Wayne's work.

Latest posts