What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis off to the Broncos???

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Nothing will change. It's not like Inglis will suddenly turn up in a Blue jumper. The NSWRL f**ked up in not realising they coud select him. But most NSW fans would rather overlook this and feel better being able to point their bitter little fingers at the big bad state to the north, and bawl their eyes out.

It's went beyond pathetic a year or two ago, but still they cry.

Slammin

Juniors
NSW would of never picked him anyway due to his cultural difference. Now that they have realised that they can't stop the BC they can't stop sooking.

isaiah

Bench
I don't speak for anyone else, but if people continue to suggest that Inglis is truly QLD eligible - I will continue to rant and rave for many many years to come! Out of all the players that people mention when the topic of 'dodgy eligibility' comes up, he is the only case where a genuine stuff up was made (given the rules as they stand).

my original post was less about origin eligibility and more about inglis coming home to where his junior footy was, norths in brisbane, just for the fact that it was the storm's feeder club.

isaiah

Bench
There's a post about this from Johnsy a while back...lemme find it...

Here it is:
build a bridge, qld has just been better at making sure the good ones whose eligibility is a question mark, play for us. ken nagas was one of the few we didn't get, lol

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I don't speak for anyone else, but if people continue to suggest that Inglis is truly QLD eligible - I will continue to rant and rave for many many years to come! Out of all the players that people mention when the topic of 'dodgy eligibility' comes up, he is the only case where a genuine stuff up was made (given the rules as they stand).

I would hope you will devote an equal amount of your sad life to ranting about Ken Nagas' selection for NSW also.

thorson1987

Coach
NSW would of never picked him anyway due to his cultural difference. Now that they have realised that they can't stop the BC they can't stop sooking.

BS.

If they are good enough, they will get picked.

Stop listening to what Anthony "The Child" Mundine says.

He used that excuse cos he never got picked. Yet the reason was he was never better then Fittler or Daley.

Hell they even picked McGuinness.

cornerposter

Juniors
Great insight there Loudstrat. You definitely add heaps to any thread.

I don't see how it would be hard to figure they have room to move, with Folau moving on and about 8 blokes under 22 in their top 17. But your pretty slow, so i can understand that.
When you're as brain f**ked as he is, it's an accomplishment just to get dressed in the morning.

This

Loudstrat

Coach
LOL @ Queenslanders who think Laurie Daley, Mick Jennings, etc etc were Norwegian. :lol:

And Nagas' first senior footy was in NSW.

lockyrulz

Juniors
When you're as brain f**ked as he is, it's an accomplishment just to get dressed in the morning.

This

What makes you think he is dressed?

He wouldn't bother to bathe if the meals on wheels people didn't keep reporting him to the authorities.

Serc

First Grade
my original post was less about origin eligibility and more about inglis coming home to where his junior footy was, norths in brisbane, just for the fact that it was the storm's feeder club.

Inglis had just turned 18 when he started playing first grade for the Storm, and was 17 when he was still living in Newcastle, you do the maths...maybe half a year to a whole year at the most playing in Brisbane? ;-) His junior footy was in Newcastle!

bfoord

Juniors
Inglis had just turned 18 when he started playing first grade for the Storm, and was 17 when he was still living in Newcastle, you do the maths...maybe half a year to a whole year at the most playing in Brisbane? ;-) His junior footy was in Newcastle!

it doesn't matter where you play you junior footy it is where you play your first game of senior footy. and FTR, i am a QLDer but it was shown on the footy show a couple of years ago that Inglis did play a sole game after 16 in NSW before moving to QLD. however NSW didn't check if he was eligible for them and both states took his word that he was eligible for QLD.

_Johnsy

Referee
it doesn't matter where you play you junior footy it is where you play your first game of senior footy. and FTR, i am a QLDer but it was shown on the footy show a couple of years ago that Inglis did play a sole game after 16 in NSW before moving to QLD. however NSW didn't check if he was eligible for them and both states took his word that he was eligible for QLD.

Incorrect, refer to my earlier post re: Wests newcastle whilst he was at Hunter Sports High. A game in U/18 is a senior game. There is no grey area with this one, regardless what those nth of the tweed believe. As per origin rules I am happy to have any monetary wager you like that by the rules he should be wearing sky blue. Would I want him chosen for NSW, not on your life.

bfoord

Juniors
Incorrect, refer to my earlier post re: Wests newcastle whilst he was at Hunter Sports High. A game in U/18 is a senior game. There is no grey area with this one, regardless what those nth of the tweed believe. As per origin rules I am happy to have any monetary wager you like that by the rules he should be wearing sky blue. Would I want him chosen for NSW, not on your life.

thats what i said he should be eligible for NSW if you read my post he plays a gaim after he was 16 making him a blue... but nobody checked and once he represented QLD that was where he had to play for his entire origin career

Mark Rudd

Juniors
Inglis does nothing in regular games. Broncs can have him. And that fixes the cap issues. 2011 here we come!

isaiah

Bench

unless he moved back and forward in his high school years, you have your ages all mixed up. the year i saw him play in an u18 game was 2004, he was born jan 1987, he made the aussie schoolboys side from wavell year 11 in 2004 and he scored 12 trys in 5 games for the devils in the qld cup in 2005, same year he made his nrl debut at age 18. his game or games for hunter and wests newcastle may have been in 2003 at age 16?

isaiah

Bench
his profile on the storm website says he was part of a winning colts [u19] side. that must have been 2004, winning 48-6 over easts tigers

_Johnsy

Referee
anyway back on track, interesting to see what happens to hodges possible/probable return, if at all.

Smiley

Bench
Why is it interesting? Inglis plays left side and Hodges right, much better then Folau and Hodges who are both right centres.

Even if Hodges can't return this season he is under contract for next season.

_Johnsy

Referee
Why is it interesting? Inglis plays left side and Hodges right, much better then Folau and Hodges who are both right centres.

Even if Hodges can't return this season he is under contract for next season.

I have a couple of mates who know some Broncs staff/players & apparently he is next to no chance to return in 2010 & a chance to leave for UK in 2011. Just what I have heard, interesting to see what develops and how accurate the whispers are.