What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis off to the Broncos???

typicalfan

Coach
LOL @ Queenslanders who think Laurie Daley, Mick Jennings, etc etc were Norwegian. :lol:

And Nagas' first senior footy was in NSW.
Throw in Tom Learoyd Lars, Greg Bird, Jarryd Hayne, Tim Mannah. I remember NSW trying to get SBW back in the day also.

badav

Bench
How the f**k are the broncos under the cap, i made up a rumour that Andrew McCullough is on atleast $340k and Hoffman, Gillett, Hunt, Glenn, McGuire, Dodds, and Tronc are on atleast $460k each. That leaves nothing left for Inglis what a load of sh*t.

isaiah

Bench
his profile on the storm website says he was part of a winning colts [u19] side. that must have been 2004, winning 48-6 over easts tigers

also in 2004, on may 29, he scored 4 trys in a q cup for norths v easts

seems the hunter sports high playing stint was 2003 when he was 16?

nqcowboy87

Bench
why would the storm look to drop inglis over the other three. inglis is a once in a lifetime player, tbhe rest can be replaced. itd be like saying well let andrew johns go to keep buderus, kennedy and m gidley

Charlie124

First Grade
why would the storm look to drop inglis over the other three. inglis is a once in a lifetime player, tbhe rest can be replaced. itd be like saying well let andrew johns go to keep buderus, kennedy and m gidley

Exactly the opposite.

Cronk, Slater and Smith are far far far more important to the storm than Inglis. Cronk and Slater have the best combination a 1 and 7 have had in a long time while Smith is the best hooker in the game by a mile and the captain of the club (also next in line for QLD and AUS). Inglis is a great centre but is the one who would be the most easily replaced.

Loudstrat

Coach
Inglis is also lazy at times - terrific player in big games, but you also need to fire against all clubs. I have never seen the other 3 anything less than pumped and fully fit and firing.

Besides, the others know what loyalty is.

IllawarraDragon

Juniors
It's probably already been covered but I gotta say that Inglis going from News owned Melbourne to News owned Brisbane doesn't seem right to me. Especially if Melbourne will have to top up his contract. Just doesn't seem fair.

I'm definately not for a draft, but their has to be a better way to have a more even player distribution as well. Teams like Sharks, Raiders and Knights are screaming for quality players like Inglis but really have struggled to attract them in recent years.

AuDragon

Juniors
It's probably already been covered but I gotta say that Inglis going from News owned Melbourne to News owned Brisbane doesn't seem right to me. Especially if Melbourne will have to top up his contract. Just doesn't seem fair.

I'm definately not for a draft, but their has to be a better way to have a more even player distribution as well. Teams like Sharks, Raiders and Knights are screaming for quality players like Inglis but really have struggled to attract them in recent years.
Jeez, I wonder why? :shock:

A dragqueen making remarks about Inglis going to Brisbane after signing Gaznier on a back ended deal... :crazy:

isaiah

Bench
Isiah is FOS - but you are slightly off. His first senior game was the Arrive Alive Cup for HSH

i think now it is johnsy that is FOS, the age that inglis played for hunter is all messed up in his 3 phone calls post. it must have been 2003 and he was 16.

macavity

Referee
i think now it is johnsy that is FOS, the age that inglis played for hunter is all messed up in his 3 phone calls post. it must have been 2003 and he was 16.

It is well established that Inglis played his first senior footy in NSW. It is only you in your tin-foil hat arguing otherwise.

user_nat

Coach
Inglis is basically useless for the Storm, he only plays good for QLD and Australia.

I agree. That is why I'm not really over the moon about the chance of signing him.

Although something I often notice when watching the Storm, is that they don't really seem to try and get it to him. Always gets to some ball hogging backrower before it gets to him. This is something I think Brisbane can do a better job of.

macavity

Referee
Am I the only one who thinks this stinks to high heaven, and News (with their new-found commitments to independence and integrity) should be running a mile from transferring one of Melbourne's stars.... to the other News Ltd bankrolled team...?

Nice of them to spread the talent around (to their other team)

Leagueman

Juniors
So who else has made him an offer..and if they have are you saying he should be forced to go there. Where do you get the idea that Melbourne are transfering him

Last edited: