What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis off to the Broncos???

Dazzat

First Grade
Amazing how the Broncos keep signing all these big names up. Let Folau go, bring Inglis in. Life's easy enough for some...

You seem to conveniently forget about the swag of players the Broncos have let go over the past two-three years ... Civ, Stagg, Ennis, Tate, Moon, Eastwood, Taylor, Hannant (coming back), Boyd, Costigan etc etc.

BDH

Juniors
I love these type of threads for two reasons;

Firstly, many fans of other clubs love to berate the Broncos for "having all the talent", yet fail to mention that 99% of that talent is PRODUCED by Brisbane. e.g. "Broncos are salary cheats, they have all this talent and half the Queensland team":lol: .......we develop those players and turn them into QLD players....do you wonder why many would prefer to stay in that culture, even if it means earning less money??

Secondly, other clubs fans don't like to mention the names who have been let go/moved on/squeezed out. As well as the names of the current squad...reckon these guys are on big money; Yow Yeh, Glenn, Hoffman, Gillett, McGuire, Beale, Ben Hunt, Kemp, Kenny, Norman, Winterstein? That's 8 of our regular top 17 right there. All on a pittance.

It makes me chuckle because players and staff who have been through the Broncos culture have more representation ACROSS THE ENTIRE NRL and in fact AUSTRALIAN SPORT, then any other sporting team in Australia. Much like it has taken NSW SoO team 6 years to pick up on FOGS and Emerging Origin Players concept, other NRL clubs should look at Broncos development system.

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
Anyone seriously doubting whether we can afford GI or not should just rethink about the reason WHY he's probably coming to us in the first place :roll:
Last week he knocked back 400k per season to be with his missus. What happened - Cullen suddenly found a boat ramp?

News club to News club - I wonder if the Titans had a bid?

isaiah

Bench
inglis and hannant added next year to most of the current roster with defence winning games just now = 2011 premiership

_Johnsy

Referee
no worries, i saw him play as a 17yo at runaway bay at a qld divisional carnival, played his first senior footy with norths in brissie, which was the storm feeder club. build a bridge.

Either you have a shocking memory or are lying.

His 1st senior game was with Wests Newcstle U/18, while he was a student at Hunter Sports High.

isaiah

Bench

His 1st senior game was with Wests Newcstle U/18, while he was a student at Hunter Sports High.

neither shocking memory nor lying
he was contracted already with the storm, it was early in a season that he played colts or q cup for norths, and he was in a south east division u17 team. i remember the day well. they were charging admission to the ground for a junior carnival so i watched from outside the fence after getting a free program from the front gate.

macavity

Referee

Isiah is FOS - but you are slightly off. His first senior game was the Arrive Alive Cup for HSH

Serc

First Grade
There's a post about this from Johnsy a while back...lemme find it...

Here it is:

I had a bet with a colleague at work, I told him under the current origin eligibility rules (1st senior game of RL any game in an U/18 or above) that he should be playing for NSW.

I had him with me and the the phone on speaker.

I made 3 calls.

1st to the QRL clarifying that the rule is 1st senior game and that was U/18 and above, they informed me that it was actually U/17's.

2nd was to Sports Hunter High, to confirm Inglis actually went to school there, and to what age. He was there when he was 17 years of age. I got the coaches name and number and confirmed that he played for the high school. The coach also told me that Inglis played for Wests newcastle when he was 17. The coach gave me the clubs number.

3rd was to Wests newcastle, had to leave a message, but the guy who coached him rang me back and confirmed Inglis played a nuber of "Senior" games for Wests newcastle U/18 side.

Easiest $100 I have ever made.

Inglis = no integrity.

badav

Bench
All that post above shows is that Johnsy guy has got far too much spare time on his hands.

I'm pretty sure Inglis would be happy to trade his integrity in the eyes of Johnsy, a bloke who he's never heard of and never will, for his 5 origin series wins.

But no, that won't stop that old Johnsy from ranting on rugby league forums for the next 10 years.

Seriously, get over it. It was a long time ago, and your rants will change nothing.

Serc

First Grade
I don't speak for anyone else, but if people continue to suggest that Inglis is truly QLD eligible - I will continue to rant and rave for many many years to come! Out of all the players that people mention when the topic of 'dodgy eligibility' comes up, he is the only case where a genuine stuff up was made (given the rules as they stand).