What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis off to the Broncos???

AuDragon

Juniors
where your story falls flat is we offered more than that...
Didn't you say that the Storm wasn't allow anyone else to make offers? :^o

All in all, this is all just envy because Inglis prefers to go to the Broncos for less money than Newcastle, the same club where Inglis "best friend" is revered. Gosh, I am flabbergasted! #-o

Loudstrat

Coach
This is wierd.

Inglis and GF are suddenly engaged. Salary Cap scandal breaks - and Inglis is right in it.

GF moves to Brisbane for a job.

Broncos and Titans think the logical Ben Hannant/Scotty Prince line (closer to family) is in play. Both put in an offer.

One would think, having just converted GF to fiance, Inglis would make the move. But he doesn't!

He knocks back the Folau money to Brisbane. And he FLATLY REFUSES to consider the Gold Coast. - Why?????

In response, Brisbane say - thats the final offer. No deal.

Meanwhile - the salary cap rort doubles, and the urgency to jettison big named players increases.

Then Inglis decides that he'd be happy staying in Melbourne! WHY?

Suddenly GF wants to come back - (Misses the new boat??)

Something doesn't add up!!!!!

macavity

Referee
Didn't you say that the Storm wasn't allow anyone else to make offers? :^o

I will spell it out for you. I will try to use simple words so you can keep up.

we threw out a figure (much higher than what is being offered now) and were told he wouldn't be released.

all of a sudden he will be released - but only to Brisbane...

kiwii

Juniors
He will only be released inside the News family, if News are going to have to top up his contract to another club it will be to one in which they have a interest, ruling out the Titans.

Slammin

Juniors
Can GI hurry up and sign the contract and become a Bronco. I know he has a tainted past but I'll forget that once he has the jersey.

Does anyone know if his fiancee has checked out the women's shelters in Brisbane yet?

AuDragon

Juniors

we threw out a figure (much higher than what is being offered now) and were told he wouldn't be released.

Oh, I didn't know you were so well informed. Thank you for making it clear for the less fortunate, like me... [/sarcasm]

perverse

Referee
Oh, I didn't know you were so well informed. Thank you for making it clear for the less fortunate, like me... [/sarcasm]
you seem jealous like a pratty little child that he just might actually be better informed than the less fortunate, like yourself. how sad for you.

Broncos93

Juniors

Inglis said he isn't interested in AFL, and if he HAS to leave Melbourne, Brisbane is the only place he would consider.

Melbourne have said they will only release Inglis if he goes on good terms, and basically gets paid his due worth and goes enthusiastically, not reluctantly.

Broncos originally offered $400,000 , and since have topped it up to $650, 000 with third party sponsorships etc.

Due to the increased figure, Melbourne should be happy to let Inglis go, because he's getting his due pay, and Inglis is happy to go to the Broncos because it's the only place he would consider outside of Melbourne (for family, mates, QLD Team mates, Fiance's job or whatever).

That's why he isn't going to the Knights. He's not an inanimate object at an auction. It's not whoever throws the highest bid gets the prize, he's made the decision that he would only play for the Broncos.

Now get over it.

cornerposter

Juniors
Of course i can understand your frustration as Newcastle fan though.
Would it count as 3rd party payments if they were to offer the recently vacated corner of the local smack trade to prospective recruits?

Well I take your memory is fading or just not working. Remember when Brisbane Broncos chairman Barry Maranta got together with Rupert.
Seems like your memory is selective, remember why they got together?
News still have a heavy investment in Brisbane. That and the fact that they cannot run their club unless they have a catchment of 2 million people
2 million? Really? I coulda swore I've seen other SEQld'rs playing throughout the competition.
As usual the sh*t dribbling from your mouth is being forced out by your foot.

Loudstrat

Coach
Yes genius - 2 million - Brisbane, darling downs, sunshine coast and up to Rocky. Include the Gold Coast - as I recall were forced out of the reunified comp because another certain club signed an exclusivity agreement for SEQ. Ask an adult about it - it was last decade, when you were still a sperm struggling with radiation exposure.......

badav

Bench
where your story falls flat is we offered more than that...

See obviously you are still caught up on that point.

Newcastle have gone after almost every free agent on the market and signed basically nobody. Inglis isn't the first bloke to turn them down and that is not the fault of the Bronco's.

You would be alot better off looking at whats going wrong with Newcastle than coming up with ridiculous News LTD conspiracy theories.

thorson1987

Coach
Inglis said he isn't interested in AFL, and if he HAS to leave Melbourne, Brisbane is the only place he would consider.

Melbourne have said they will only release Inglis if he goes on good terms, and basically gets paid his due worth and goes enthusiastically, not reluctantly.

Broncos originally offered $400,000 , and since have topped it up to $650, 000 with third party sponsorships etc.

Due to the increased figure, Melbourne should be happy to let Inglis go, because he's getting his due pay, and Inglis is happy to go to the Broncos because it's the only place he would consider outside of Melbourne (for family, mates, QLD Team mates, Fiance's job or whatever).

That's why he isn't going to the Knights. He's not an inanimate object at an auction. It's not whoever throws the highest bid gets the prize, he's made the decision that he would only play for the Broncos.

Now get over it.

This. Is it that hard for people to understand.

cornerposter

Juniors
Brisbane, darling downs, sunshine coast and up to Rocky.
Take out a tissue and clean the brown smear off your chin...

For starters you're about as articulate as the offspring of Joey Johns and Mark Geyer. If you're suggesting the Broncs have any exclusivity to the population of SEQLD simply because there's no other team to support, then you're missing a chromosome.

However if you're suggesting the Broncs are strongly supported in SEQ for the same reason they were voted Australia's most popular football team - their winning culture, you'd be right!

Noa

First Grade
despite being'a storm fan i can see why he would want to take slight step down and play for the broncs. Certainly i think their style of play will suit him far better.

However broncs fans are being disingenious if they cant admit that it looks fishy