What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis off to the Broncos???

gerg

Juniors
Maybe you dont understand the it Was Inglis who went to the club and Asked to talk to the Broncos on compassionate grounds so he can be near his fiancee. And the storm are not being soo helpfull because it it was reported that It was the storm who did not allow him to sign for the 400k because they did not want to pay the reported 260k extra he is on. So i dont know why ppl are getting all up in arms about it. Just be happy he staying in the game you fools.

His fiancee? The one he smashed in the face? TBH I haven't seen where she has been employed, I don't suppose its a N..... I won't say it I'm just asking because I don't know?

As far as third party deals I thought they were separate to some degree to players actual playing contract.

AuDragon

Juniors
Which media did you read this in? The Courier Mail? Owned by...?
It's been on every single paper and other media, are you for real?

The latest one, served freshly with the strongest indication yet (from the player manager) and from the Storm themselves...
NRL: (also SMH)
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...-but-gi-prospect-excites-broncos/default.aspx

His fiancee? The one he smashed in the face? TBH I haven't seen where she has been employed, I don't suppose its a N..... I won't say it I'm just asking because I don't know?

As far as third party deals I thought they were separate to some degree to players actual playing contract.

The total salary package is made up of the club payments summed with the 3rd party agreements and other benefits. Inglis is not getting whatever his true salary is all from the Storm, there is plenty being paid from other sources!

The conspiracy theory is getting out of hand. Are you guys sitting at home swinging back and forth with tinfoil hats on your heads or something? :crazy:

Last edited:

Johns Magic

Referee
The conflict of interest is evident for all to see.....Broncos need to stop being an awesome club with a great winning culture. How dare they be a very attractive option to star players!?

They should only offer the same culture of failure that surrounds Cronulla, Newcastle, Parramatta, Raiders and Souths.

I'm sick of these superior teams coming into the NSWRL...I mean the NRL, and offering a better culture, with better playing conditions and a more professional club, to these star players.

Want to really solve all the NRLs problems?? Lower every club to the lowest common denominator....oh wait, the ARL has been trying that since 1997.

Replace "Broncos" with "Storm", and you'd swear that was a Melbourne fan in 2009.

And no I don't care if Inglis goes to the Broncos...but that was just too eerily similar.

AuDragon

Juniors
Replace "Broncos" with "Storm", and you'd swear that was a Melbourne fan in 2009.

And no I don't care if Inglis goes to the Broncos...but that was just too eerily similar.
I hope you're not trying to insinuate we're over the cap (or going to be), are you?

Johns Magic

Referee
I hope you're not trying to insinuate we're over the cap (or going to be), are you?

For f**k's sake you gimp, save your He-Man heroics.

I wasn't insinuating anything. As I said, the Broncos can sign Inglis for all I care. He can go there for whatever reason he wants. But this urban legend that players turn down big money to go to clubs with "winning cultures" is a load of crap, and if you really believe that's the reason he'd go to the Broncos then you're kidding yourself, just like all the Storm fans were kidding themselves.

He could go to Brisbane for money, his girlfriend, the Queensland factor, anything. But this nauseting air of superiority Storm fans had and seemingly this Broncos fan does about their club is just way too idealistic.

applesauce

Bench

I wasn't insinuating anything. As I said, the Broncos can sign Inglis for all I care. He can go there for whatever reason he wants. But this urban legend that players turn down big money to go to clubs with "winning cultures" is a load of crap, and if you really believe that's the reason he'd go to the Broncos then you're kidding yourself, just like all the Storm fans were kidding themselves.

He could go to Brisbane for money, his girlfriend, the Queensland factor, anything. But this nauseting air of superiority Storm fans had and seemingly this Broncos fan does about their club is just way too idealistic.

Real life senario where would you rather work:

Manage a 5 star restaurant or a fish and chip shop?

If you think facilities, reputation, marketing ability, success and money are not the best at the Broncos you are kidding yourself.

Admirable to try and take the moral high ground of sport but sport is capitalism these days and like it or not it needs to be embraced to survive which is what has made the Broncos as successful on and off the field as they are.

Get with the times or slowly die it's as simple as that. Every Sydney club has been stuck in the past hoping everything will be ok, but times change, attitudes shift and competitors attack, kill or be killed.

Until other clubs embrace successful business models and generate alternative incomes through memberships and sponsors, clubs like Brisbane will continue to rule the roost.

Loudstrat

Coach
Head in the sand or what!

News still have a heavy investment in Brisbane. That and the fact that they cannot run their club unless they have a catchment of 2 million people - hence the panic and exclusivity agreements when another club surfaces within 800kms of them.

Nice way to show your stupid anti Sydney bias - I guess all other clubs are ok? :lol:

MsStorm

Bench
Hands up all those Broncos fans who called him a cheat and now want him at the club.

I dare you.

isaiah

Bench
The Crushers certainly knew how it went.

oh, the crushers, how i used to love seeing them get smashed. i remember darren plowman going over for a try at lang park early in a game vs the broncs and the 20% of the crowd who barracked for the home team going up as one. pity they lost the game!

Brutus

Referee
oh, the crushers, how i used to love seeing them get smashed. i remember darren plowman going over for a try at lang park early in a game vs the broncs and the 20% of the crowd who barracked for the home team going up as one. pity they lost the game!

I was at the same game

20 %?:lol:

Get your hand off it.

Sleep

Juniors
The Broncos are the best franchise in the NRL by far. On and off the field they're head and shoulders above all other clubs. I don't follow Brisbane. It's just the simple truth.

Inglis' girlfriend recently accepted a job in Brisbane. Why would he want to go play somewhere in NSW?

Brisbane makes the best sense for him to go too and would be by far the most appealing offer.

johns_reds

First Grade
Why have other clubs been told hands off, but the Broncos get a rails run?

where do you get your information from? do you look into a hat and think of random things to say, STORM HAVE NOT ISSUED A HANDS OFF WARNING TO ALL OTHER CLUBS, SO STOP THINKING THAT HAS HAPPENED!!!

The only one coming out saying Inglis wants to discuss a new deal with the broncos only is the players manager Allan Gainey, if you read through the below article there are no quotes from storm saying inglis can only talk to the broncos, it is the players manager who has said he wants to go to broncos only.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27424988-5018866,00.html

Here is a quote from the article for you:

Gainey confirmed several other clubs, including the Gold Coast, had contacted him but Inglis is adamant Brisbane is the only home he is seriously considering outside of Melbourne.

"(Titans boss) Michael Searle has been in touch today to reaffirm his club's interest, but even though it is only down the road, Greg seems more focused on being in Brisbane if he is going to move," Gainey said.

AuDragon

Juniors
You can't put any weight in anything published by News Ltd on this issue....
It's an AAP report, also published on nrl.com and SMH, or are they now also owned by News?

Anyway, given your track record, I'm sure you'll find another baseless comment to be able to spin this into some News conspiracy too... :sarcasm:

AuDragon

Juniors

Wooooo... Don't get your pants in a twist, it was a justified question FFS! :shock:

Others have already said it, but the Broncos is the most successful franchise in Australian sports, ahead of any fumble ball club even.
Since inception, the club has won Six premierships and made the finals 19 years in a row. That makes it a club with a winning culture, whether you like or not. Up until the rorts became known, the Storm had that aura also.

And yes, being a one city club does help a lot obviously.

I'm not saying that Inglis would be turning down heaps of money to come to the Broncos, but I dare say that under similar circumstances or even slightly disfavourable ones, most players will choose the Broncos over most other clubs in the NRL because of its culture, glamour, facilities, etc...

Slammin

Juniors
So what does everyone think:

Inglis offered 450k a year to play for Newcastle or

400k a year to play for Brisbane

Not a hard choice really. Some would take Newcastle some would take Brisbane but superstars generally would be paid more by another club than Brisbane but they choose Brisbane for a reason.

Maybe you could look at it that you have two job offers:

Job 1 is for 45k a year, it is a 40 minute drive to work

Job 2 is for 40k a year and is a 5 minute drive

or maybe back in the day you were offered these two jobs in 1990:

Qantas for 40k a year (reputable, limited chance of losing job through no fault of yours)

or 45k a year with Compass airlines

badav

Bench
You can't put any weight in anything published by News Ltd on this issue....

Are you pretending to be thick or slow?

You have a direct quote from his manager confirming interest from the Gold Coast. That has absolutely f**k all to do with News Limited.

On the other hand can you tell me where anyone from Melbourne has ever said hands off?

Latest posts