What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

inglis scouted by the nfl

Borat.

Juniors
Benji was clearly 1on1 with the fullback in that vid. The next tigers support player was 10m-15m back behind him and he had 2 opposition players between his lone support player. Sanders was running directly down the touch line and you're pretending he was running across field and had to change direction 90 degrees.

Sanders would not have beaten a single player in the NRL moving like that.

I will at least admit if I see something good. There's no shame in admitting how mediocre Marshall made Sanders look in that instance.

Compare the comentary of the sanders clip v the marshal try against the Sharks.... That says it all...

Sanders would have beaten Fitzhenry...just...

Bumble

First Grade
EVERY TIME this thread pops up the same know nothing f**ktards start talking up how whichever NRL player we're talking about this time would 'kill it' in a particular position, or about how their physical attributes are more desirable than the thousands of kids in America who are bigger and faster, and have played the sport for their entire lives.

Of all these thousands of kids, 99% won't make it. And neither would any Rugby League player. Except maybe Pat Richards or somebody else with a massive boot as a kicker...but then again, nobody cares about kickers :lol:

Here are two almost identical situations down the left touchline.

Watch Benji Marshall at 0:14 in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtcERcI32KE

Then watch Barry Sanders at 3:17 in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TflnHlQMt8

Watch them both back over again.

Now tell me who's footwork you believe is better? Do you honestly not see how mediocre that change of direction from Sanders was in comparison to Marshall's clean crisp step?

As the above video shows, Sanders loses a lot of speed when he changes back to the inside. Marshall loses almost NONE.

Then watch Adrian Peterson in this video at 4:15-4:20 and tell me whose footwork is better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmFM8MepDjE

Then again Adrian Peterson is a freak of nature. Just marvel at his change in direction at full speed ... then just realize the size of the guy and how fast he runs (was a Texas track athlete star in high school)

Last edited:

Borat.

Juniors
EVERY TIME this thread pops up the same know nothing f**ktards start talking up how whichever NRL player we're talking about this time would 'kill it' in a particular position, or about how their physical attributes are more desirable than the thousands of kids in America who are bigger and faster, and have played the sport for their entire lives.

Of all these thousands of kids, 99% won't make it. And neither would any Rugby League player. Except maybe Pat Richards or somebody else with a massive boot as a kicker...but then again, nobody cares about kickers :lol:

The miami dolphins sure care about Ray Finkles infamous miss kick ...laces out remeber:lol:

99% of NFL players wouldn't make it in league either- no where near fit enough or tough enough-

Benji probaly wouldn't come close starting for an NFL side in Italy- but for someone to suggest he would be held back because of his footwork is ridiculous- NRL is checkers- NFL is chess.... end of story.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Then watch Adrian Peterson in this video at 4:15-4:20 and tell me whose footwork is better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmFM8MepDjE

Then again Adrian Peterson is a freak of nature. Just marvel at his change in direction at full speed ... then just realize the size of the guy and how fast he runs (was a Texas track athlete star in high school)
AP also has some of the worst ball handling skills I've ever seen.

CJ > AP

AP also has some of the worst ball handling skills I've ever seen.

CJ > AP

No.
His fumbling problems are WAYYYY overblown. You can see this when you compare his numbers (through first 3 years) to the great running backs of the past.

Adrian Peterson 19
Walter Payton 30
Jim Brown 15
Barry Sanders 19
Eric Dickerson 39

Also his running style just means he will get more fumbles

DC_fan

Coach
He would be an idiot not to investigate the possibility of playing NFL with the money on offer. He could play either first or second receiver or with some practice make a good Quarterback.

Inglis would have to throw away 2 or 3 years of earning at least $500,000 per season in league to accept something like $50,000 a year in the US. If he was serious about it then thats the length of time he would have to spend in the US to give himself any real chance of making it in the NFL. If he was willing to do that then good on him.

But no one in there right mind would throw away the money he could earn in league for the next to nothing chance of him making it another sport.

Its all paper and player management talk.

badav

Bench
I thought the mason one was actually him asking to do try outs for the jets as a guest? So theyran him through their drills but were never interested.

Inglis, if he devotes 12-24 months to learning the game would make it into one of the lesser sides IMO. no shot at being a superstar but could at least earn a contract somewhere.

It would never happen. As good an athlete as he is, they have 100 times the talent pool over there to produce just as good if not better, and with 12-24 months to learn the game he wouldn't even come close.

Cletus

First Grade
Backpedalling now? I thought you need to be "intelligent" to play NFL, like those Rhodes Scholars Michael Vick and Plaxico Burress? And a whole list of others involved in drug busts, drive by shootings and other fake "gangsta" sh*t.

Or that dude who shot himself in the leg while showing his mates his new gun at the nightclub:lol:. They don't need to be smart when they've played it all their lives, don't know how Inglis would go at it but I hope he doesn't leave league.

Canard

Immortal
Sports snobbery that should be a new phrase in the Oxford Dictionary.

"Oh, Ive played Madden 2008 for 20mins on PS3 and watched 4 games of NFL so I know its the best sport in the world eva!!!"

No one in the NRL could ever make it there!

caylo

Bench
Inglis could only make it as a line back but he wouldnt make it. He is too slow and too light. The smallest line backs in the NFL are 110kg and run 40meters in 4.2 sec, inglis couldnt compete with that IMO.

Bumble

First Grade
Sports snobbery that should be a new phrase in the Oxford Dictionary.

"Oh, Ive played Madden 2008 for 20mins on PS3 and watched 4 games of NFL so I know its the best sport in the world eva!!!"

No one in the NRL could ever make it there!

I watch at least 2 games of NFL every week. The hard truth is that you're a spastic if you think anyone other than a kicker could ever come from an Australian sporting code. A complete, total spastic.

Johnny Smith

Juniors
Boys, Johnny Smith from ProKick Australia here.

Once again we see the same old crap from the same old publicity seekers.

An NRL superstar will not take a huge drop in pay to learn how to play in the NFL. Dvelopment salary is not an option.

Greg is not fast enough to play KR in the NFL, so would need to spend a minimum of a couple of years as a development player..

He is a fantastic league player who would play in England if he was chasing the dollar. It is a credit to him that he has not - yet.

Would Buffalo/Denver want to have a look at Inglis? Why not? Greg would have to pay his way over there, so it would not cost them anything.

After all the rubbish about Storm players moving to other codes that has been pumped up by Melbourne AFL press, this is the ultimate piss-take.

NFL scouts? Do your homework Allan Gainey.

Rudderriffic

Juniors
I watch at least 2 games of NFL every week. The hard truth is that you're a spastic if you think anyone other than a kicker could ever come from an Australian sporting code. A complete, total spastic.

Hi, my name is Colin Scotts.

Last edited:

MightyBronco

Juniors
Hi, my name is Colin Scotts.

You're right, but he didnt come from a sporting code per se. He was spotted by a scout in a schoolboys rugby tour of England, was offered a scholarship to the U of Hawaii, where he learnt the game. Then he was drafted into the NFL. Thats a lot different from going NRL - NFL.

Lots of Aussie go do the college thing, but as mentioned so few college players even get drafted, let alone start an NFL game...

But more Aussie will make the NFL someday. But they will all do the traditional route via college.

Rudderriffic

Juniors
You're right, but he didnt come from a sporting code per se. He was spotted by a scout in a schoolboys rugby tour of England, was offered a scholarship to the U of Hawaii, where he learnt the game. Then he was drafted into the NFL. Thats a lot different from going NRL - NFL.

Lots of Aussie go do the college thing, but as mentioned so few college players even get drafted, let alone start an NFL game...

So how exactly is it that being recruited from an Australian Schoolboy Rugby Union side is not coming from a different sporting code?

Handy rule of thumb; Rugby Union =/= Gridiron.

And no, lots of Aussies do not do the college thing. A handful of Australians play in college system, and even fewer of those play for Div I teams (i.e. the college division that actually matters).

Latest posts