What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injury Updates

Eelementary

Post Whore
According to Hayne's Facebook account, he has a grade 1 hamstring tear. He's confident of being back for Origin II.

eels_fan

First Grade
So hopefully we will only be missing Hayne for 2 games

Sharks & Rabbitohs (which he would have missed anyways in NSW camp). He'll also get a 12 day break after origin as we have the bye, and then a Monday night game vs manly

T.S Quint

Coach
Damn!
And here I was thinking we were actually a chance against the Sharks.
Hope we don't get flogged now.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I read somewhere the other day someone was asking where Toutai was, he is injured. I also saw Alvaro in Parra today with his arm in a sling.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
883f1392d4a211e2a23c22000a1f9d66_7.jpg

Look at the size of Kelepi! Manu Mau on the right.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Daniel Alvaro had planned surgery on his shoulder after his last game, it was decided to sacrifice the rest of the year to get it right, he'll be in our full time squad next year

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That was me, strange considering he wasn't included in the week injury report the club releases.

David Alvaro is not part of the fulltime squad, and therefore irrelevant to most fans.

It's like with recruiting. The club (like all clubs) is currently putting in massive hours scouting and recruiting under 18s players into our system for next year (on youth contracts, no less). But we don't hear that "The Pirtek Parramatta Eels have signed boom sixteen year old outside back Jaedyn Tongarockasamoa from the Auckland Aardvarks to a two year deal!" because most fans don't give a f**k. But I do.

But I do. :(

There are high school kids out there that have 5 or 6 clubs throwing money at them to come and play SG Ball. Just for a chance to conduct a couple of years' in-depth scouting in their 'academies'. If that's not newsworthy I don't know what is.

Instead most fans just want to read the drama about who hates whom and who holds a grudge. They should be watching professional 'wrestling'. Heaps of drama there.

Eelementary

Post Whore
David Alvaro is not part of the fulltime squad, and therefore irrelevant to most fans.

It's like with recruiting. The club (like all clubs) is currently putting in massive hours scouting and recruiting under 18s players into our system for next year (on youth contracts, no less). But we don't hear that "The Pirtek Parramatta Eels have signed boom sixteen year old outside back Jaedyn Tongarockasamoa from the Auckland Aardvarks to a two year deal!" because most fans don't give a f**k. But I do.

But I do. :(

There are high school kids out there that have 5 or 6 clubs throwing money at them to come and play SG Ball. Just for a chance to conduct a couple of years' in-depth scouting in their 'academies'. If that's not newsworthy I don't know what is.

Instead most fans just want to read the drama about who hates whom and who holds a grudge. They should be watching professional 'wrestling'. Heaps of drama there.

I'm with you - I care about our junior nurseries. They're what will keep us competitive in 5 years' time on the field.

And I miss the rasslin'. :(

jason taylor

Bench
Yep I was referring to Toutai. Not sure if he's in the top 25 but surely he would get a mention in the injury list since he's played first grade this season.

Latest posts