What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inu must be in the side

Interesting about Poore

8.Cayless
9. Keating
10. FUI
11.Hindmarsh
12.Poore
13.Mateo

Thats a good pack but may leak tries due to mobility.

Bench

14. Robson / KK
15. Mannah
16. Shackelton
17. Smith

But then the Bench seems light on for go forward......

sooperdooper

First Grade
im sorry but purely on 2009 form Inu should miss out...
but who knows how they are really training... trials will mean alot this year.

Bigfella

Coach
Won't Poore playing in the abckrow mean we lack front row depth instead?

Or does it allow us to play a utility or an extra back on the bench instead?

Maybe it allows Felti to start at 6 then progress to the backrow, so that your rotation backrower is not coming from the bench?

8.Cayless
9. Keating
10. FUI
11.Hindmarsh
12.Poore
13.Shackelton

7. Robson
6. Mateo

Bench

14. KK
15. Mannah
16. Smith
17. Humble / outside back

Not what I would do but it could be an option.

Stagger eel

Staff member

Maybe it allows Felti to start at 6 then progress to the backrow, so that your rotation backrower is not coming from the bench?

8.Cayless
9. Keating
10. FUI
11.Hindmarsh
12.Poore
13.Shackelton

7. Robson
6. Mateo

Bench

14. KK
15. Mannah
16. Smith

jesus....that's a little radical.

The Colonel

Immortal

Could be that one of the young forwards like Peletelese, Allgood, Robinson or Johnson are progressing better than expected? With Mannah, Cayless and Moimoi all at prop, using Poore as a centre field backrower may also allow Hindy to play to the fringes a bit more as well. Poore was comfortable playing 50+ minutes a game with the Dragons.....

Redback71

First Grade
Reddy would be the last i leave out. He is to good defensivly and excellent under the high ball. tell me one bomb he has ever dropped.

Redback71

First Grade
why is everyone so intent on splitting up the halves for. why mess with something not broken?

Gaffman

Juniors

8.Cayless
9. Keating
10. FUI
11.Hindmarsh
12.Poore
13.Shackelton

7. Robson
6. Mateo

Bench

14. KK
15. Mannah
16. Smith

This team is seriously lacking in Mortimer ;)

Stagger eel

Staff member
why is everyone so intent on splitting up the halves for. why mess with something not broken?

because potentially there are better players ahead of them, I have nothing against Robo who I thought did a fabulous job but KK would of given us that extra potency in attack...

The Engineers Room

First Grade
because potentially there are better players ahead of them, I have nothing against Robo who I thought did a fabulous job but KK would of given us that extra potency in attack...

I still think K Keating needs to prove himself at NRL level. Robson has proven to be a solid performer.

I still think K Keating needs to prove himself at NRL level. Robson has proven to be a solid performer.

Robson is a solid back up, that's all IMO. If you want to win a comp you need more than solid at halfback, last years GF proved this when Robbo was just Robbo.... solid. You need talent. KK has talent and the winning attitude and will bring much more to the team than Robson.

Stagger eel

Staff member

KK has more ammos in him than Robo, Robo did a job and did it well but KK would of set the world alight had he played the last 2 months I'm sure of it...

strider

Post Whore
my biggest concern for our halves, no matter what combination, is our kicking game .... morts seems to be getting better with his long kicks .... hayne can chime in for a few kicks a game .... but I think we need to do ALOT of work on our attacking kicking

The Engineers Room

First Grade
That is a good point. Alot of our tries were not a result of kicks but I see that as a positive that we can score without relying on kicks.

Just on KK. I don't think anyone can say for sure what would have happened had he not gotten injured and he played the season. Maybe he would have set the world on fire, he has the potential to do so but Robson does have the runs on the board and I expect unless KK is awesome in the trials that Robson and Mortimer will start at 6 & 7.

Stagger eel

Staff member
That is a good point. Alot of our tries were not a result of kicks but I see that as a positive that we can score without relying on kicks.

Just on KK. I don't think anyone can say for sure what would have happened had he not gotten injured and he played the season. Maybe he would have set the world on fire, he has the potential to do so but Robson does have the runs on the board and I expect unless KK is awesome in the trials that Robson and Mortimer will start at 6 & 7.

well KK was certainly one of our better players before he got injured..

strider

Post Whore
if KK hadn't got injured, I wonder if we would have seen Morts? .... KK and feleti got injured in teh same game v manly - had only feleti been injured maybe we would have seen Robo play with KK and no Morts :-k ... I'm glad Morts got a go - I reckon he was a main reason we went as well as we did

The Engineers Room

First Grade
if KK hadn't got injured, I wonder if we would have seen Morts? .... KK and feleti got injured in teh same game v manly - had only feleti been injured maybe we would have seen Robo play with KK and no Morts :-k ... I'm glad Morts got a go - I reckon he was a main reason we went as well as we did

My thoughts too. Mortimer was outstanding and we would probably not of seen him play if Mateo and KK hadn't have gone down.

Freak2

Juniors
Totally agree. Morts finish to the season was first class and I highly doubt Ando would have thrown him in last year (given the position we were in) without Mateo or KK getting injured.

It's funny how injuries work sometimes.

Latest posts