What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Price looking better

hazzbeen

Bench
Do we all think Price is looking better as a coach or is it that we have bought some good players that at least can attack. As a coach he to me is the same as last two years. Really what has he done that stands out as a coach. If they have another loss against the Warriors which Im hoping wont happen we are in the same boat as last year.

BennyV

Referee
I'll comment on it when I see who is named at right centre...prepare for enormous rant if it's Green...

dragonreddy

Juniors
Do we all think Price is looking better as a coach or is it that we have bought some good players that at least can attack. As a coach he to me is the same as last two years. Really what has he done that stands out as a coach. If they have another loss against the Warriors which Im hoping wont happen we are in the same boat as last year.

Yet to see anything other than the fact that we have bought players that are performing better this year than the players who filled those positions last year ( not all).He has done nothing as a coach except establish an unenviable win /loss record, as far as anything else this bloke as i have stated in other posts is far too worried about self preservation to do anything remarkable.

GT0007

Juniors
I thought Green had some potential when he 1st hit FG but he has been disappointing since. There's no way I'd pick him ahead of Mata'Utia. Hopefully he proves all of us wrong

Mata'Utia needs a bit more time in the centres but didn't do to bad and Runciman made some good runs.

Geoff Daniela I thought was really good would be a handy signing to cover for Farrel.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I'm still not sold on him as having improved as a coach......imo our team is looking better this year because players like Widdop, Dugan our ever reliable wingers and forwards like JDB Friz, Thompson and Cooper are gaining some unity......but our basic structure and game plan leaves a lot to be desired

Drop Bear

Juniors
He has made some better calls with the team he puts out, some due to injury. Others due to the pack being beaten, hence more forwards on the bench.
The addition of Widdop and a fit Dugan, huge plus, Beal has stood up and this takes pressure off Flo and Morris. I really think its scary what these guys will do when they get a better understanding of each other..
Still like to see Thompson given the other center spot, big strong and a tough defender.
The forwards worry me, inconsistent at times and discipline need work. Some get caught out at marker defence and leave holes around the ruck. They will get it right and when they do our backs will tear it up.

BennyV

Referee
He has made some better calls with the team he puts out, some due to injury. Others due to the pack being beaten, hence more forwards on the bench.
The addition of Widdop and a fit Dugan, huge plus, Beal has stood up and this takes pressure off Flo and Morris. I really think its scary what these guys will do when they get a better understanding of each other..
Still like to see Thompson given the other center spot, big strong and a tough defender.
The forwards worry me, inconsistent at times and discipline need work. Some get caught out at marker defence and leave holes around the ruck. They will get it right and when they do our backs will tear it up.

I don't get it bro...The forwards worry you, yet you wanna put one of our best forward into the centres?

Drop Bear

Juniors
Well Thompson is a center come forward, and I think we have plenty of backrow depth and strength, to comfortable move him.
This gives us extra forward on the field, with the strike power of a center, he is great on his feet.
The forwards in general are just off a little, but they are improving, dont get me wrong!

GT0007

Juniors
I don't get it bro...The forwards worry you, yet you wanna put one of our best forward into the centres?

I think Thompson is our best option at centre this week against Jennings after watching Mata'Utia struggle against someone with a step last week. I'd like to think he can fix that and replace Farrell but would'nt risk it against the most potent Centre in the comp. We have plenty of depth in the backrow to cover it