What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

Incorrect

Coach
Mentioned something along the lines of "young players making mistakes, need to learn" or words to that effect.

Lucky he's got a 7 year deal, his 3rd season there and they are still not learning yet. Another 4 years and I'm sure those young blokes, who will then be old blokes, will have learnt from mistakes.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
^^ Well that will be true if the form of likes of Jarrod Croker and Edrick Lee is anything to go by. These guys are playing well below what you would expect from them on prior evidence.

RedVDragon

Juniors
I think out of the current crop of NRL coaches the worst of them is Nathan Brown. The worst ever is Steve Price.

Sticky is a good coach.

Paullyboy

Coach
Every single game this year the forwards have been absolutely steamrolled. Even the games we won, our forwards were dominated (in defence). If you’re playing against the Raiders and can’t make it to within 30m of our tryline on every set, you’re doing something wrong.

The other massive problem we have is that every other team has worked out that they can just hold the Raiders down indefinitely in the play the ball. They are willing to cop the penalty because if you do it on the right tackle it doesn’t matter. Plus they also know that referees will eventually start giving square ups later on (no matter what) and they’ll benefit from them.

Incorrect

Coach
Every single game this year the forwards have been absolutely steamrolled. Even the games we won, our forwards were dominated (in defence). If you?re playing against the Raiders and can?t make it to within 30m of our tryline on every set, you?re doing something wrong.

The other massive problem we have is that every other team has worked out that they can just hold the Raiders down indefinitely in the play the ball. They are willing to cop the penalty because if you do it on the right tackle it doesn?t matter. Plus they also know that referees will eventually start giving square ups later on (no matter what) and they?ll benefit from them.

Dean Pay needs to relieved of his defensive coach duties. Hasn't done anything for the Raiders or the Eels in that role since 2013

It also serves the purpose of making it look like the Raiders woes are someone else's fault, not Ricky's.... will buy him some more time!

Glen

Bench
Congrats to Ricky for entering the 300 games coaching club with a belting on his home ground and the worst winning percentage of all 15 of the 300 game coaches

bileduct

Coach
^^ Well that will be true if the form of likes of Jarrod Croker and Edrick Lee is anything to go by. These guys are playing well below what you would expect from them on prior evidence.
No, they're actually not. Lee has been hot and cold the entire time and teams figured out how to nullify Croker's few attacking tricks years ago. That's why you always see him playing for penalties instead of genuinely trying to contest the ball on cross-field kicks, etc..

Paullyboy

Coach
I dunno what's up with Lee, ha has everything in his locker to be a top class winger. What's his problem?

He became a father the night before the game this week, he was clearly disinterested a couple of times early in the game and I think you could probably blame that.

Having said that, he has had his fair share of very quiet games. I'm far from ready to move on from him, but at this stage he's a real risk of being another of those players who doesn't kick on at the top level.

Latest posts