What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It’s D-day for Daniel

Bazal

Post Whore
I'm not worried. Anderson will have made it clear to Morts that he is our long term 6 or 7...if he chooses to go to the Dogs, I can't blame the kid with his families history. Good on him for wanting to put it to bed before the season kicks off, shows great maturity IMO

Suitman

Post Whore
My guess is that the three Mortimer brothers will create a Mortimer dynasty at the Eels. They'll all spend at least ten years here and win us numourous premierships.

And then, when they have sons, they'll all go and play for Manly.

Suity

Bazal

Post Whore
My guess is that the three Mortimer brothers will create a Mortimer dynasty at the Eels. They'll all spend at least ten years here and win us numourous premierships.

And then, when they have sons, they'll all go and play for Manly.

Suity

:lol:

One of them has already gone I believe, but funny anyway good sir

offside ref

Juniors
My gut feeling is he will go. But if he leaves I'm sure we have suitable cover what with kk,humble,mateo,hayne.
But in saying that he will be a massive loss.

I just think that KK followed by Mateo should be our priorities.

Mortimer while he played very good has still got plenty to prove.

parra pete

Referee
If he stays he stays if he goes he goes. No big deal either way. Good player, but you can't control where they play. Plenty more fish in the sea...
Go after Chris Mortimer's son Ned, currently playing with Southcity in Group 9....

Avenger

Immortal
I just think that KK followed by Mateo should be our priorities.

Mortimer while he played very good has still got plenty to prove.

I don't think he has anything to prove. He should have been the rookie of the year ahead of Idris. Watch the preliminary final against the Dogs again and just see how good he is.

He is tough, has great defence for a little bloke and an even better attitude. KK is the one who has everything prove. He has done nothing to this date.

I don't think he has anything to prove. He should have been the rookie of the year ahead of Idris. Watch the preliminary final against the Dogs again and just see how good he is.

He is tough, has great defence for a little bloke and an even better attitude. KK is the one who has everything prove. He has done nothing to this date.

I've seen the replay and he as great for an injured player, don't get me wrong, I want him to stay. Don't be fooled the Bulldogs have been after KK for years and they know what they are doing pushing Mortimers price very high.

IMO I just think KK is best half at our club. Attack, Defence, Kicking and passing games..... he has it over Robson and DM. As for attitude, KK and DM would probably tie, they are both awesome in that way.

Snoochies

First Grade
Not sure it's in Daniels best interest to announce he is going to the Bulldogs next year right at the start of this season. No doubt Daniel Anderson will hand the reigns over to KK.

parra pete

Referee
If Mortimer announced he was going to the Bulldogs in 2011, which I personally don't think he will, why would the Eels not use him in 2010. That would be bloody stupid, and I am not sure people on here know what a contract means.
Money rules the world.....

Parra Bellum

Juniors
If he stays, I would expect an announcement sooner rather than later!

If he goes, I would expect the exact opposite!

Having said that, I could imagine Osbourne holding off making the announcement for dramatic effect! So I'll say, if the announcement is delayed past round 1, it's not good news.

Avenger

Immortal
Mortimer to re-sign for another 3 years. Contract upgrade this year (using Weller's money) and then a further 2 years. ;-)