What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It was meant to be a Harmony Day Game

simon says

First Grade
dodge said:
Absolutely! 100%! But why should Bulldogs fans foot all of it? Tigers fans were causing some trouble as well!

Because Wests Tigers do not have a history of these kind of incidents.

People dont get bashed at LO.....or harassed on their way home......

This kind of stuff happens all the time,thats why the finger is being pointed....it happened at Belmore and now its happeneing at TS.

The basic common denominator is the Bulldogs,its not hard to work it out.

Ive been to all the Sydney teams home games,and there are yobs in all,but you are the least safe at dogs game.Even if you dont say a word you can still get in trouble,sometimes its cos of what you look like.

You can rant on all you like about Tigers being involved,but you know as well as I do that we dont have issues like this......

ibeme

First Grade
simon says said:
Because Wests Tigers do not have a history of these kind of incidents.

You'd want to hope the tigers don't develop a history of these things either. With last year's crap at Campbelltown with the fights and pitch invaders, you'd want to hope Tigers fans weren't involved in starting any crap on Friday night.

Vicious

Bench
N.Hindmarsh_Fan said:
Finally someone who saw it happen!! My cousin was there and he was telling us tonight how a pack of tigers yobbo's were punching on with police and each other!! WTF, why doesn't this get mentioned?
Are you blokes fair dinkum???
Wake up and smell the roses, i was 2 bays away, i had friends who were about 10 seats from where the trouble erupted and i can tell you it was these Bulldogs fans being fired up by Willie Mason ans saying such callus things like f*** Gibbs, i hope the c*** is dead. The elderly Wests Tigers supporter who was later attacked by up to 12 young Bulldogs supporters told them to rightly so, shut their mouths and that`s is what started it. Why the need for 20-30 young Bulldogs supporters to attack 4-5 Wests Tigers supporters particularly when they were fairly defenceless people in the first place. I just feel sorry for true Bulldogs and Rugby League supporters like Moffo and Cammo who call it like it is and have to constantly put up with theses imbosiles.

Vicious

Bench
Please!!!!
It wasn`t Bulldogs fans fault when the trouble broke out at the game against the Roosters, it wasn`t the Bulldogs supporters fault when the flare went off against the Broncos and now of course it wasn`t the Bulldogs supporters fault that there was trouble during and after the game against the Tigers.
Funny that isn`t it??? These things always seem to happen when the poor old Bulldogs are playing, but it`s never their fault???
Again, i appologise to the likes of Moffo and Cammo who are real supporters and don`t deserve to be tarnished like this, but for these others who constantly want to be labelled the victim, and never want to accept any responsibility, you people are a joke and you want to wake up to yourselves!!!

simon says

First Grade
Vicious said:
Please!!!!
It wasn`t Bulldogs fans fault when the trouble broke out at the game against the Roosters, it wasn`t the Bulldogs supporters fault when the flare went off against the Broncos and now of course it wasn`t the Bulldogs supporters fault that there was trouble during and after the game against the Tigers.
Funny that isn`t it??? These things always seem to happen when the poor old Bulldogs are playing, but it`s never their fault???
Again, i appologise to the likes of Moffo and Cammo who are real supporters and don`t deserve to be tarnished like this, but for these others who constantly want to be labelled the victim, and never want to accept any responsibility, you people are a joke and you want to wake up to yourselves!!!

Here here.......:clap: :clap: :clap:

The Dominator

Juniors
Raider Ultra said:
I wouldn't, the Tigers have a significant number of wankers following them as well. We had stones thrown at us last year at Campbelltown, and then were physically assaulted outside the ground. Worse than I've ever experienced at Telstra.

So, you had stones thrown at you and were physically assaulted? If this was a Dogs game it would have been headline news.

Has anyone else here been physically asaulted or got into a fight at a football game that did not involve the Bulldog's? I do remember hearing that 30 people were evicted from a Dragon's/Roosters match not that long ago, mainly because of fighting.

JK

Vicious said:
Wake up and smell the roses, i was 2 bays away, i had friends who were about 10 seats from where the trouble erupted and i can tell you it was these Bulldogs fans being fired up by Willie Mason ans saying such callus things like f*** Gibbs, i hope the c*** is dead. The elderly Wests Tigers supporter who was later attacked by up to 12 young Bulldogs supporters told them to rightly so, shut their mouths and that`s is what started it. Why the need for 20-30 young Bulldogs supporters to attack 4-5 Wests Tigers supporters particularly when they were fairly defenceless people in the first place. I just feel sorry for true Bulldogs and Rugby League supporters like Moffo and Cammo who call it like it is and have to constantly put up with theses imbosiles.

Elderly??

Seems we label people elderly a bit earlier these days!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Your perception is way off. We aren't victims. Yes, the majority of our fans will suffer for this. But that doesn't mean in any way that we agree with what is happening. I think it's disgusting and I, like Moff and Cammo am ashamed these people call themselves supporters of our club. I've even sent a photo that appears a couple of pages back in this thread in, in hope of assisting the clubs investigations of the incidents. I don't want to play the victim, but to suggest that our club is the only one who incites the violence is blind idiocy and believing a media with a vendetta.

I think ibeme has a better way with words than I do - he's hit the nail on the head about what has happened IMO.

Timmah

Staff member
simon says said:
Has anyone one been called an Aussie c..nt at a game that wasnt against the Bulldogs?????

Racist. Pure & simple.

I've gotta say, I don't remember feeling threatened at all on Friday in any way, and my friend with me was wearing a Dragons jersey.

JK

simon says said:
Has anyone one been called an Aussie c..nt at a game that wasnt against the Bulldogs?????

Nah, but I have been called a lebanese merkin at many grounds (particularly campbelltown, newcastle and penrith).

Considering that I am of scottish genetic background I found that slightly odd. :roll:

Timmah

Staff member
I couldn't count the jibes, and really wouldn't repeat the words I got at Newcastle last year, simply because I was a Bulldogs fan. Hopefully I don't receive that treatment this Friday.

simon says

First Grade
Its wrong that people are being racist,Ive heard people being called things like Mediterranean Descendants at Tigers game by Tigers fans and I felt sick.

But there is a HUGE difference with being called a name and getting bashed........

TFS85

Juniors
Vicious said:

Well said.

simostorm

Bench
Vicious said:

I only saw about 5 ppl on TV in the fight.

What nationality were the ppl you saw involved in the fight?

bluenwhite

Juniors
JK said:
Nah, but I have been called a lebanese merkin at many grounds (particularly campbelltown, newcastle and penrith).

Considering that I am of scottish genetic background I found that slightly odd. :roll:
same, except not at newcastle, i've found their supporters to be okay, it has happened to me at campbelltown, penrith and cronulla. i was speaking french when it happened too, i may be of lebanese origin but i don't see how they thought that while i was in penrith speaking french? whatever though.

TUFF TITAN

Juniors
No ID

By LUKE McILVEEN

March 21, 2006

BULLDOGS officials quietly scrapped a crowd control measure forcing fans to show ID before buying tickets because supporters complained of waiting too long in queues.

The decision to shelve the measure – introduced last season as part of a trumpeted crackdown on crowd violence – came after complaints from Bulldogs fans in the off-season.

But the officials were left red-faced on Friday when Canterbury fans once again showed why their club has the worst reputation in rugby league.

Bulldogs chief executive Malcolm Noad introduced the proof-of-ID rule last July, after Canterbury fans exploded a firecracker during a match against St George.

The reasoning behind the rule was that fans would be less likely to make trouble if their details were registered.

By demanding ID from fans, police and club officials were able to match names to every seat in the stadium.

The move from general admission to ticketed seating gave the Bulldogs further control over their notorious supporters. But the identity checks took more time to get fans through the turnstiles, leading many to complain about the delays.

They also complained that their privacy was being invaded.

The Bulldogs refused to comment publicly yesterday, but The Daily Telegraph understands the club has few leads on the identities of those caught up in the brawls in the grandstand and outside the ground on Friday night.

Four men were charged after the violence, but only one fan has been banned from attending future games.

Video footage released by Channel 9 showed at least eight supporters in a brawl inside the stadium and an unknown number after the game.

A meeting to address the Canterbury crisis has been scheduled for tomorrow between Mr Noad, Police Commissioner Ken Moroney, NRL chief executive David Gallop and Police Minister Carl Scully.

Mr Gallop has not ruled out stripping the Bulldogs of competition points or fining the club.

As police yesterday scanned fresh security footage of the brawls outside the stadium, it emerged that only 30 officers were assigned to control the crowd of 32,578 on Friday night.

Police were backed up by 103 stadium security personnel, but a police spokeswoman refused to say whether one officer per 1000 fans was enough.

More details also emerged yesterday about an incident outside the stadium in which a middle-aged man was bashed and left lying in the middle of the road.

Police are investigating reports the Tigers fan was one of three who had challenged an intoxicated Bulldogs fan.

It's alleged the trio of Tigers supporters were in turn attacked by two carloads of men who came to their friend's aid
HOW DO THEY STOP WHAT GOES ON OUT SIDE THE GROUND ;()

ibeme

First Grade
Bad decision to scrap the id checks. I know a lot of people kicked up a stink, but that would have been the main deterrant in my opinion. They should reinstate it immediately, and security need to make sure that people stick to their allocated seats.

smeghead

Bench
Well in my opinion by scrapping one of the measures that it put in place to try and curb this kind of behaviour the Bulldogs club has left itself open to all matter of punishments by the NRL. I have some real respect for Malcolm Noad and the work he did last year but to remove this precaution on the sly is just stupid. I now really don't have any sympathy for the Bulldogs club as they can no longer say they were doing everything possible.

hybrid_tiger said:
Bulldogs should be banned from night games. Simple as that.

Some of the treatment I saw last night, especially to young girls, was disgraceful.

Full agreement. And an excellent idea.

Latest posts