What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It was meant to be a Harmony Day Game

simon says

First Grade
I wonder when one team supporters has had enough and organises 100 or so blokes to go on their own rampage as a get square....

It happened on the beach......could it happen at the footy???

hybrid_tiger

Coach
simon says said:
I wonder when one team supporters has had enough and organises 100 or so blokes to go on their own rampage as a get square....

It happened on the beach......could it happen at the footy???

Cronulla vs Bulldogs.

It WILL happen. Anyone who doesn't think so is kidding themselves...

simon says

First Grade
PrideKnight said:
So your trying to tell me that opposition fans don't pay each other out and torment at every game for every club?

Banter is part of the sport, if these morons cant take that in thier stride, laugh it off and taunt back without resorting to violence, then they are mentally unstable and should be locked up.
This is the sad part......I love giving opposition fans cheek during the game,going back to their leagues club and buying them a beer after the whole thing.....its the biggest fun for me.

Unlikely to do that at a dogs game I reckon.....

jc155776

Coach
As aggrevating this may sound.....

Take back the game, Round 11 Sharks vs Telstra turn up in force to show them how real supporters watch a game. With a full stadium the trouble makers WILL think twice about doing anything...

simon says

First Grade
hybrid_tiger said:
Cronulla vs Bulldogs.

It WILL happen. Anyone who doesn't think so is kidding themselves...

Im assuming there will be about 10k coppers there that day....

After the game could be interesting though.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Glenn said:
Was reported on Sky news, and apparently in todays Daily Telegraph..also I have reports from some who were at the game to confirm what has been reported in the media

Andrew Voss and Matthew Johns witnessed fighting in the streets/carpark. Vossy said Dog fans were pulling Tiger fans out of a car or cars and punching them and hurling abuse at them. But Vossy was explaining on 104.5 StarFM - Loose Heads segment this morning that he was misquoted by the Telegraph about playing Dog games in the morning so I didnt get the full script of what happened.

SadShark

Bench
Let's hear it for harmony day! We all love one another regardless of religion or race or heritage or creed. Let's just call it how it is. The Dogs are just "unlucky".

I wish we could get on like it was 1985 all over again - when football was what mattered, not how many of "the boys" you had to outnumber your victim before you gang bash him & his sister.

After all, that's what going to a Dogs game is for these untouchables. When all of this weekend's hoo haa is over about "Harmony Day" nothing will change and life will go on with the competition like before.

These are great times we live in ain't they?

phonetic

Juniors
drake said:
I'm not saying it never happened, or that they're angels; we know they're not, but I've never copped crap off a Dogs supporter at a game. I've been to games at Telstra and the showground, also at WIN, always wearing the Red V. Never copped anything, win, loss or draw.

The only time I've been harrassed at a game was last years final against the Tigers at Aussie stadium, and a couple of years ago by Parra fans at WIN.

There are problems, but I share the sentiment that it's not purely the Bulldogs. Much like Drake I've never had issues with Canterbury supporters. I've definitely had them try to bait myself and friends, but I'm not the type to return serve.

I think realistically the only answer to last night is stepping up the security/police numbers.

My worst experience was the Preliminary final vs Tigers last year. That was very ordinary stuff.. and very unsettling. Other than that the only other problems I've had have been at Shark Park. Bogan shire folk with a belly full of liquor looking for trouble.

Anon

Bench
I think this really has nothing to do with the Dogs. The people to blame are Telstra stadium and the Police.

bullsh*t. The people to blame are the arsehole bulldog supporters who cause the trouble. The Bulldogs have a suspended 4 competition point penalty hanging over them because of past crowd trouble. If the NRL has any balls they will enforce this punishment.

PrideKnight

Bench
phonetic said:
Bogan shire folk with a belly full of liquor looking for trouble.

You forgot "underage". When we were out there last yr i saw the highest incidence id ever seen of underage drinking, and i grew up in nowra...going to the nowra show, so thats pretty impressive

innsaneink

Referee
Anon said:
bullsh*t. The people to blame are the arsehole bulldog supporters who cause the trouble. The Bulldogs have a suspended 4 competition point penalty hanging over them because of past crowd trouble. If the NRL has any balls they will enforce this punishment.

Im pretty sure this has expired

Sterling

Juniors
not suprised at all ........ its been happening for years .... they are inbred .. what do you expect?

fatshark

Bench
Didnt Gallop say they were going to kick the dogs out if this sh*t happened again. Im all for it. f**k em.

Moffo

Referee
sack the security. they are pricks that know the trouble makers. I've seen it, they all sit there having a laugh and don't step in when something happens

Dirty sh*ts

Ari Gold

Bench
Glad i havent seen too much of it in the media so far... not sure if it'll stay that way though.

simostorm

Bench
I havnt heard anything in the press anywhere
its not on the Sky news channel, yous are probally all making it up
and just getting everyone fired up.

colonel_123

Juniors
simostorm said:
I havnt heard anything in the press anywhere
its not on the Sky news channel, yous are probally all making it up
and just getting everyone fired up.

Channel 9's news update just said that Bulldogs fans are again in strife after numerous out breaks of violence in the crowd.

Latest posts