What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It was meant to be a Harmony Day Game

aids

Bench
true both have a credibitlity rating of 0%

but he is a a public figure, and the first i have seen of a public official singling out a particular league club.
and politicians are the biggest bandwagoners out of everyone.
so once he has said it, the liberals will likely get to it as well
image the next state election being won on safe football matches?

PrideKnight

Bench
thing of it is, i dont think empty stands games is the solution, the restless element, as it has already been pointed out are not even there for the game, if they cant go to a game, they will just find some other hang out to go intimidate people, like bay street or cronulla beach...

i fear the best solution lies close to what trudy myself and others have said, make telstra stadium a police state. No night games. One ticket per person, with POI, garnered from holding a season pass. No Presales, presales allow people to buy them for thier mates, the whole 4 tickets per customer thing was farcical at best, they just do what i did and have a group of people go buy them all at once. It puts a lot of extra pressure and hassle on us decent fans who just wanna go watch a good game, but it seems drastic, even extreme measures are required to end this.

N.Hindmarsh_Fan

Juniors
dodge said:
I'm not sure about the goings on outside the ground - it wouldn't surprise me, but I will not have a bar of 'Dogs fans being the instigators of what happened behind the posts while Gibbs was being taken off the field.

I watched the Tigers fans for the minutes before bait & bait & bait until the boys finally snapped. Someone ended up knocked down and plenty of police needed to get involved. Half the stadium was looking at what was going on, yet the Wests fans at the other end seem to think they knew it was all Bulldogs fans.

I'll probly agree post-match it was dickhead faux-Dogs supporters doing what they did, but the sh*t inside the ground was well and truly the making of bogan Tigers fans wanting to have a go at anyone they could. I actually saw a Tigers wife hug her husband congratulating him for riling up the Doggies fans and getting into a brawl.

F**king ridiculous how it's always 'Dogs fans blamed.

Finally someone who saw it happen!! My cousin was there and he was telling us tonight how a pack of tigers yobbo's were punching on with police and each other!! WTF, why doesn't this get mentioned?

Kurt Angle

First Grade
N.Hindmarsh_Fan said:
Finally someone who saw it happen!! My cousin was there and he was telling us tonight how a pack of tigers yobbo's were punching on with police and each other!! WTF, why doesn't this get mentioned?

That would explain why everything you "know" about what happened is incorrect.

mattyg

Bench
this is to every single person who rang up the continous call team on saturday arvo, and to those of you who sat at home and believe everything you have heard about the fights.

i am a die hard bulldogs supporter alright. last year in round 24, i sat next to a tigers supporter with his family, and i was with my brother (manly fan). We sat and enjoyed the brilliant football played by the tigers, and me and the tigers supporter were talking and getting along the whole game. I stayed right till the siren, we lost 54-2 and i congratulated him and wished him luck for the finals.

last night yes, there was a big fight in the crowd but some of the stuff i have heard is absolute garbage. they are saying that aggresive on field play lead to fights in the crowds. what do they think, we are playing touch footy or something? the game is becoming more and more like touch every day. from what i seen there was nothing outside the ground (i wont deny that anything happened), however NOTHING was reported to police or anything. its the police of NSW that do the investigating people, not the media. If you had such a shocking time you could have reported it to the police. There were plenty of them around.

all of this bulldogs supporters started it etc. is nonsense. i was told to "f*** off" by a tigers supporter no older than 11 while walking back to P1. I could honestly say that half the tigers fans reporting stuff to the media that happened last night were half way down parramatta road by fulltime. the mass of people leaving with 18 minutes to go in the game was an absolute disgrace.

what we are hearing is that tigers fans were totally innocent and it was all bulldogs. yes fair enough we have troublemakers who smash up trains and most of which don't support the bulldogs. in the past 4 years of going to football matches i have been called a lebanese/Mediterranean Descendant etc. 100's of times, i have been asked why i support a team of rapists, and i had to put up with constant sh*t from people who don't even know the slightest thing about football but go by what they hear in the media.

seriously guys, wake up. the continuous call team today basically said that they are ignoring calls from bulldogs fans trying to tell there side of the story, and apparently tigers fans with outrageous claims.

i am happy to congratulate a team when they beat us, but seriously there must be some tigers supporters out there who can come out and say something nice about the crowd from last night. There were plenty of dissapointed tigers fans after the game sitting around me who got out of the carpark with no hassles. we are only hearing one side of this debacle.

N.Hindmarsh_Fan

Juniors
Kurt Angle said:
That would explain why everything you "know" about what happened is incorrect.

Whats your problem? My Cousin and his mates were there and saw yobbo tigers fans fighting with coppers and being ejected from the ground?

I am middle eastern (not lebanese) and I am the sort of person that will cop it becuase of lebo's causing trouble, but facts are facts, Tigers supporters were being arseholes last night and nothing was said about it.

I have been to Cronulla to watch Parra play and we copped some racial abuse by some drunk idiots, wtf are you to do? There is trouble at plenty of games, but because these youths are lebanese it is magnified by the media and is lapped up by all.

My boss at work who is an anglo doesnt even take his family to campelltown stadium because of drunken yobbo's causing trouble.

N.Hindmarsh_Fan

Juniors
mattyg said:
this is to every single person who rang up the continous call team on saturday arvo, and to those of you who sat at home and believe everything you have heard about the fights.

i am a die hard bulldogs supporter alright. last year in round 24, i sat next to a tigers supporter with his family, and i was with my brother (manly fan). We sat and enjoyed the brilliant football played by the tigers, and me and the tigers supporter were talking and getting along the whole game. I stayed right till the siren, we lost 54-2 and i congratulated him and wished him luck for the finals.

last night yes, there was a big fight in the crowd but some of the stuff i have heard is absolute garbage. they are saying that aggresive on field play lead to fights in the crowds. what do they think, we are playing touch footy or something? the game is becoming more and more like touch every day. from what i seen there was nothing outside the ground (i wont deny that anything happened), however NOTHING was reported to police or anything. its the police of NSW that do the investigating people, not the media. If you had such a shocking time you could have reported it to the police. There were plenty of them around.

all of this bulldogs supporters started it etc. is nonsense. i was told to "f*** off" by a tigers supporter no older than 11 while walking back to P1. I could honestly say that half the tigers fans reporting stuff to the media that happened last night were half way down parramatta road by fulltime. the mass of people leaving with 18 minutes to go in the game was an absolute disgrace.

what we are hearing is that tigers fans were totally innocent and it was all bulldogs. yes fair enough we have troublemakers who smash up trains and most of which don't support the bulldogs. in the past 4 years of going to football matches i have been called a lebanese/Mediterranean Descendant etc. 100's of times, i have been asked why i support a team of rapists, and i had to put up with constant sh*t from people who don't even know the slightest thing about football but go by what they hear in the media.

seriously guys, wake up. the continuous call team today basically said that they are ignoring calls from bulldogs fans trying to tell there side of the story, and apparently tigers fans with outrageous claims.

i am happy to congratulate a team when they beat us, but seriously there must be some tigers supporters out there who can come out and say something nice about the crowd from last night. There were plenty of dissapointed tigers fans after the game sitting around me who got out of the carpark with no hassles. we are only hearing one side of this debacle.

Mate, most people here are bigots and gasp at the thought of "white aussies" causing trouble, pfffft.

I was not there last night - but the behaviour of the Wests Tigers fans I experienced during their 54-2 shallacking of us @ Homebush last year - was simply APALLING!

Rarely before in all my many years of personal attendance at Rugby League games have I encountered a more unsavoury bunch of Bad winners as that night. And how there wasn't some kind of incident THAT night as well, given this behaviour...is beyond me.

So the fact that many people - WHO WERE ACTUALLY THERE (I have heard many first person eye witness accounts from CREDIBLE people - on other Bulldogs fan sites) - state quite clearly two things about Friday night - 1. That it was incessant and vulgar baiting from the Tigers fans that escalated the issue into a physical confrontation from a verbal one and that 2. It was WESTS TIGERS fans that were in fact - ejected from the stadium following the fight.

Sureprises me not one little bit!

You have some RIGHT Cleetuses supporting your side Tigers fans - Ohhhhh yes you do! Ever been to Campeltown Stadium to watch a game? That is NOT a nice place to be for an away supporter - I can assure you!....Not that you are the Lone Rangers in that dept - but - you DO have a higher proportion of toolpieces in your fan ranks than most.

So stop all the crap. People that actually go to games - and not sit on their fat arses in front of the Box watching FOX every weekend - actually know the truth about your own fan base.

Does this excuse what occurred after the game which undoubtedly DID involve Dogs 'fans'?...No. Of course not.

But your 'holier than thou' attitudes here are stinking the joint up. Give it a rest.

N.Hindmarsh_Fan

Juniors
Bring Back the Spliff said:
I was not there last night - but the behaviour of the Wests Tigers fans I experienced during their 54-2 shallacking of us @ Homebush last year - was simply APALLING!

Rarely before in all my many years of personal attendance at Rugby League games have I encountered a more unsavoury bunch of Bad winners as that night. And how there wasn't some kind of incident THAT night as well, given this behaviour...is beyond me.

So the fact that many people - WHO WERE ACTUALLY THERE (I have heard many first person eye witness accounts from CREDIBLE people - on other Bulldogs fan sites) - state quite clearly two things about Friday night - 1. That it was incessant and vulgar baiting from the Tigers fans that escalated the issue into a physical confrontation from a verbal one and that 2. It was WESTS TIGERS fans that were in fact - ejected from the stadium following the fight.

Sureprises me not one little bit!

You have some RIGHT Cleetuses supporting your side Tigers fans - Ohhhhh yes you do! Ever been to Campeltown Stadium to watch a game? That is NOT a nice place to be for an away supporter - I can assure you!....Not that you are the Lone Rangers in that dept - but - you DO have a higher proportion of toolpieces in your fan ranks than most.

So stop all the crap. People that actually go to games - and not sit on their fat arses in front of the Box watching FOX every weekend - actually know the truth about your own fan base.

Does this excuse what occurred after the game which undoubtedly DID involve Dogs 'fans'?...No. Of course not.

But your 'holier than thou' attitudes here are stinking the joint up. Give it a rest.

Good post, it makes me sick to hear this sh*t time and time again, there are people who bait and bait and stir, then when they get dropped they throw a tantrum, well if you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen i say.

mattyg

Bench
finally a supporter of another team in our defence. to add to my last post, you wouldnt expect police to wait at your house for a robbery, so why should they be waiting around for a fight to start? some fans seem to think that police should be there monitoring everything. They have better things to do, such as catching drunk drivers. If an incident comes up you report it to the POLICE. a reminder, the media the next day aren't the police. I think alot of people were sucked in to the agenda of the media today with some of the stuff they said.

N.Hindmarsh_Fan

Juniors
mattyg said:
finally a supporter of another team in our defence. to add to my last post, you wouldnt expect police to wait at your house for a robbery, so why should they be waiting around for a fight to start? some fans seem to think that police should be there monitoring everything. They have better things to do, such as catching drunk drivers. If an incident comes up you report it to the POLICE. a reminder, the media the next day aren't the police. I think alot of people were sucked in to the agenda of the media today with some of the stuff they said.

Mate, the media is out for blood regarding lebanese youth and too many people are sucked in by it. I have had drunken anglo's walk past me and yell out derogatory comments, not just at the footy either and it leads me to believe that this would happen on a regular basis, thus causing a few problems.

One bloke walked past me on pitt street in sydney and started calling me a "homeboy" etc I was wearing fitted jeans with a long sleeve collared shirt, why the hell was he calling me a home boy? To get a reaction thats why. 9/10 people would of said something, or they would of dropped this bloke. But I thought about it and came to the conclusion that if I take the bait and I flog this dickhead, I will be the one getting locked up cause of my appearance.

Now I know lebanese youth don't need to be provoked to cause trouble, but that doesn't mean trouble is always unprovoked.

IanG

Coach
Quite frankly i agree with those you think they're not Bulldogs fans. They're just so and sos dressed up as Bulldogs fans to cause trouble.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Interesting the coverage compared to the "incident" in the Commonwealth union 7's were some Wallaby fans set about an English supporter and put him in hospital. Another league beat up?

simon says

First Grade
Poor Doggie fans being picked on by the Tigers fans and the media.

I really feel for them.

Just for the record,I canat think of the last time I went to a Dogs game and didnt get called an Aussie c..nt.

ucantseeme

Juniors
many fights happen at other nrl games not just the dogs games...

true but they dont get caught on tape & shown on news bulletins across the country, even Willie Mason was pointing over to the fight "Hey Mr Cameraman are you getting this?"

Moffo

Referee
TUFF TITAN said:
Sounds good to me Australia card photo ID for a numbered seat ;()

i actually think its the way to go. And people will do regular checks to make sure that you are sitting in the seat that you purchased. At least we know who is who then....

Moffo

Referee
N.Hindmarsh_Fan said:
Mate, the media is out for blood regarding lebanese youth and too many people are sucked in by it. I have had drunken anglo's walk past me and yell out derogatory comments, not just at the footy either and it leads me to believe that this would happen on a regular basis, thus causing a few problems.

One bloke walked past me on pitt street in sydney and started calling me a "homeboy" etc I was wearing fitted jeans with a long sleeve collared shirt, why the hell was he calling me a home boy? To get a reaction thats why. 9/10 people would of said something, or they would of dropped this bloke. But I thought about it and came to the conclusion that if I take the bait and I flog this dickhead, I will be the one getting locked up cause of my appearance.

Now I know lebanese youth don't need to be provoked to cause trouble, but that doesn't mean trouble is always unprovoked.

I can appreciate that our fans do get baited. Absolutely

But please don't do a Khyser and shift the blame. We have a massive social issue on our hands and unfortunately, it is also bringing the game of rugby league into disrepute

Woods99

Juniors
Perth Red said:
Interesting the coverage compared to the "incident" in the Commonwealth union 7's were some Wallaby fans set about an English supporter and put him in hospital. Another league beat up?

This incident was reported on ABC 7 pm news last night, with an interview of the injured man and his partner.

Latest posts