What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ITS OFFICIAL MANLY ARE PRETENDERS

brenno

Juniors
Who even suggested Manly were contenders? I was confident like alot people that the wheels would fall off once they faced a few of the legit contenders with rep players all over the park and had to play more games away from Brookie. Manly still lack abit of class in the backline to be considered "contenders". Hill and Stephenson are arguably the worst centre pairing in the NRL. Manly also have a few players who really shouldn't be in first grade in the NRL i.e. Williamson, Hicks, lealuai etc.

lotti

Bench
C Eagle watch, Manly has rep players of their own Menzies, BK, Monas(ok he hasn't played it yet but he will). Tezza and Stephenson brilliant, Williamson the best utility in the game, Hicks can't say enough about him. Manly will be back ontop just you wait, let me remind you that we beat the Raiders.

c_eagle

Juniors
brenno said:
Who even suggested Manly were contenders? I was confident like alot people that the wheels would fall off once they faced a few of the legit contenders with rep players all over the park and had to play more games away from Brookie. Manly still lack abit of class in the backline to be considered "contenders". Hill and Stephenson are arguably the worst centre pairing in the NRL. Manly also have a few players who really shouldn't be in first grade in the NRL i.e. Williamson, Hicks, lealuai etc.

While I agree about Stephenson and Hill (tonight,) to suggest that Williamson, hicks and leuluai shouldn't be in first grade is ridiculous.

Our backline is alright, it's our centre pairing that is the problem. I think Donald had a horrible day but he's been pretty consistent the last couple of seasons. Hicks is a great player, he was our best and fairest last year and was one of the better ones tonight, (if that means anything.)

I don't think the wheels have fallen off, I just think that it's a reality check. We'll still be in the top 8.

Foz

Bench
Manly were disgraceful.
Their fullback had a shocker.
He may be a good player but every team in the NRL will bomb him now.
He's about as safe as a straw hut in a hurricane.
The Broncos should have led by even more at half-time.
Apart from Lockyer's goal kicking:
8th minute Berrigan bombs a certain try.
12th minute Berrigan bombs another try.
Then Berrigan went off to have a cut strapped came back on and scored and Fatty says he was the best player on the field in the first 20 mins.
He also said that the way Manly were defending Brisbane would be in for a tough night.
As soon as he said that the floodgates opened. :lol:

Every time Brisbane needed an error Manly gave them one.
You could see the Manly players heads drop every time it happened. They knew it wasn't their day. You can't win without the ball.

Manly will bounce back because they can't play that bad again.
Brisbane were good but not great.
They should of scored a lot more points.
Their defence wasn't under any pressure throughout the game.
I know you can only play as well as the opposition allow you but Manly were making errors under no pressure at all.

Broncos will be outright favourites now to win the comp.
Its still wide open though.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Pfft. Manly copped a flogging, big deal. How many teams in the competition hven't copped at least one flogging already this season? I predict that the eventual premiers (whoever they are) will have been belted across the park at least once once by season's end.

If we consider a flogging to be getting beaten by 20 or more, the following sides have been flogged already this season:

Knights (4)
Dragons (2)
Sharks
Eels
Broncos
Rabbitohs (3)
Storm
Cowboys
Eagles (2)
Tigers
Raiders (2)

Only the Warriors, Panthers, Dogs and Roosters are yet to cop a real hiding, only one of those sides (Warriors) are in the top 8, and none of them are in good form.

Kelly Patrol

Juniors
Hopefully its another 7 years before Manly are on FNF.Hassler tries to make up for there lack of quality by employing every dirty trick in the book.They are a f**king rabble.

It was never in doubt the Broncos would punish these merkins.

The Bulldogs are the next victims.

Peace.

0neye

THE DOGS ARE ON THERE WAY BACK JUST WAIT & SEE WHAT THEY DO TO THOSE PARRA HOMOS :lol: :lol: :lol: ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
anyone who writes Manly off are either kidding themselves or should go out buy themselves a nasal spray for going off too early, yes unusual for a Parra supporter to say it, but I still think they're top 4 material at the moment and have proved it in the past, with some clinical wins against Canberra, Melbourne and the sharks. BTW Anthony Watmough is orgasmic to watch and I can't wait to see him come ofd the bench for NSW this year.

Langers

Juniors
It was very disappointing but i'm not too upset this morning. It is absoultely crucial that Manly get back on the board against the Tigers at home though as they will need the confidence heading into games against the Dogs, Panthers and Eels.

Raiders Plight

Juniors
It's always funny when the sydney journos start talking up one of their teams and then they get shown up. I'm so glad they ignore the raiders.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Disco said:
could be tough against the tigers, with 3 of our top 4 props likely to be out

kylie has also been cited. on top of the other 3 props being under an injury cloud.

Big Mick

Referee
:lol: at Luke Williamson being the best utility in the game.. I think Casey McGuire adequately takes that honour.