What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's time to go - Ray Warren

Hooch

Juniors
They need a better producer for starters. Any decent producer would've knocked that god awful 'Rabs... Rabs... whaddya think Rabs? ... Rabs ...' shit on the head a long time ago.

Rabs seems to genuinely think he is some sort of league institution, and not just another commentator. But as if Vossy wouldn't be the same or worse after a few years.

Probably the best call team is Morrow and the Wok, but they're at the ABC and can relax a bit.

Anyway send Rabs back to Junee to stare at his statue all day. It's probably time.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Probably the best call team is Morrow and the Wok, but they're at the ABC and can relax a bit.
I used to like them but Morrow seems to do a lot of whinging these days. He gets a bee in his bonnet about something the refs or some player is doing and then harps on it. Wok is good for analysis, just like Sterlo on 9.
Warren & Gould deserve each other. I have the TV on mute for 80% of the game because of them. One highlight I heard tonight when Saints scored to make it 8-6 & Warren shouts "It's 6 all !!"

Raider_69

Post Whore
reminded me more of todd carney's effort v the cowboys when he was in lime green
he hit it like he was kicking a beat up 1977 datto, and it barely got it done

you wont see a sweeter one hit then the one by timmins in Origin

Extraordinarily poor analogy.

Something happens in cricket, if you are lucky, about once every 5 minutes, over a six hour playing day.

Something happens in league about every ten seconds over 80 minutes.

If Richie was commentating League, we'd hear the teams announced for a pre-season trial, a half time summary in S.O.O, and the Dally M Award winner, in a whole season.

Yeah unfortunately for you I already acknowledge the difference in sports

It seemed for the first five minutes of the Broncos Dragons game he thought he was calling on radio, I fancy - as I've said before I don't think he watches any other games than the ones he commentates, I fancy. Spends most of his time watching Sky Racing and TVN, I fancy. That field goal from Timmins was in Origin, I fancy. Is it Har-la or Ha-la, Sterlo? Ha-la, I fancy......

Hooch

Juniors
Yeah Wok is getting pretty old these days, muffing a few sentences and the like. Still they've got some respect for the game and put it first, these clowns are all showmanship and ego except for Sterlo. Except they are not even remotely entertaining.

Sometimes you can almost hear the disgust in Sterlos voice lol, as if he's thinking out loud 'wtf am i doing here?'.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
My issue with the commentary was when Lockyer hit the deck. "He only stays down when he is injured." Crap... The merkin took a dive a brookie a few years ago.

choisir

Juniors
Sterlo's contribution to the call is overrated to shithouse.Not hard to describe a replay.

CAS

Juniors
Watched the game over here in the UK, i thought it was a nice touch for him to keep mentioning the 'Rugby' (sic) game coming up every 5 minutes, always followed by a Silence before the rest got back to talking about the compelling game going on in front of them.

Big Pete

Referee
Having watched the Fox replay the 9 call was far more dramatic.

Whether you like that or not is up to you but personally I enjoyed it more. Even with Rabs and Gould cursing us.

Spot On

Coach
Something has to change with Warren and Gould's commentary. It can be good in patches but the references to punting, golf, pigeons, seagulls and other crap they banter over is not good enough to have on coverage of the game. I's rubbish. Gould is getting worse. His insistance on referring to what he said or predicted in the previous half or at the start of the game has got to stop. Sterlo is the only bloke worth keeping. It's definitely time for a change and time for Warren and Gould to be moved on. Can't comment on what was said last nigh as the volume stays down now. The commentary is taking away from the game.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
I don't know how anyone could still enjoy Warren these days. Cant see two feet in front of him and constantly gets lost.

It's more an indication of the lack of other quality commentators that people still think he's the best.

mongoose

Coach
Rabs is alright, just dont put Gus in the same box as him - that annoying banter between them is unbearable. They sound like a married couple fighting.