What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ivan Cleary One Step Away from the Dragons!!

St Georgio

Juniors
Warrior's can have Kearney.
It will only mean we'll line up a better coach
E.g. Cleary. Even if we can't offload Mary for a year due to us being broke.

We have top juniors coming through and a genuine performing u20s coach in Head.

Cleary and Head would make a formidable long term team. We should invest in these 2 coaches and build around THEIR REQUESTS ONLY.
Hopefully both will want to work together in harmony , so too JD!

SaintPauli

Juniors
Yes I agree JD should be in the mix as he has definitely contributed positively for the cutters. The rest can go.

Sorry to Mary, Young, Hornby but this boys club mentality must stop unless your a standout talent. E.g. Head and JD.

The game has evolved and this DEFENCE
"D" Mentality is goneeeeeeeeee Alla Penrith Canberra and Cronulla

Time to evolve.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Maybe Bulldogs will open up their fat wallets and sign Cleary. I can't see tem persisting with Hasler for much longer. Unlike us, they don't stuff around, they'll make a quick decision.
Meanwhile at dragons town, things are moving along at a snails pace. By the time Doust sends his final offer to Cleary via pigeon, we'll see the Bulldogs parade Cleary as their next coach.

giboz71

First Grade
Maybe Bulldogs will open up their fat wallets and sign Cleary. I can't see tem persisting with Hasler for much longer. Unlike us, they don't stuff around, they'll make a quick decision.
Meanwhile at dragons town, things are moving along at a snails pace. By the time Doust sends his final offer to Cleary via pigeon, we'll see the Bulldogs parade Cleary as their next coach.

Said it in JA.

The problem isn't Hasler. It's the overpaid cyborgs in their team that just can't get it done. And this is with one of the best coaches available. Dogs are like us, they need footy players with brains and skills, Not knuckleheads like Reynolds, Lichaa and Mbye etc.

Bennett, Hasler or the ghost of Jack Gibson won't help them if they persist with the same players.

Panthers showed us the blueprint tonight. Cleary, Cartwright, Moylan, Mansour, Peachey.

Footy players.

drago brelli

Bench
Said it in JA.

The problem isn't Hasler. It's the overpaid cyborgs in their team that just can't get it done. And this is with one of the best coaches available. Dogs are like us, they need footy players with brains and skills, Not knuckleheads like Reynolds, Lichaa and Mbye etc.

Bennett, Hasler or the ghost of Jack Gibson won't help them if they persist with the same players.

Panthers showed us the blueprint tonight. Cleary, Cartwright, Moylan, Mansour, Peachey.

Footy players.

.....and the blue print is no second man decoy runner bullshit. It's second phase play, don't over do the structure. Some of these guys are creative footballers let them have their head.

Reactions: Qdf

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Said it in JA.

Footy players.
We know the blueprint, we did it ourselves in the early 2000's with you know who.
As for Hasler, with the limitless money they have, I still think he is to blame. Why would you let go of Ennis, Cook and hodkinson with no real plan to replace them? And then spend top dollar on a busted 30 year old winger and another bloke who doesn't wanna play Sunday's.
All I'm saying is watch how quickly the the dogs will move, whether it's replacing the coach all bringing in more cattle.

Carlton

Juniors
I've read the reports that keep saying St George have no money, I've looked at the annual report of the Leagues club and I cannot get a clear picture of what the Football Clubs financial position is.

The Leagues club is asset rich (one asset really the land and building). I could not see any loan from the NRL which is mentioned in the media quite often, I assume this is in the Joint Venture accounts which is only returned in the Balance Sheet of the Leagues as the historical value of the equity (ie. it doesn't show the position of the Joint Venture). The purpose of the Leagues club is to promote Rugby League in the St George and other areas yet only $550,000 is provided to the Football club and $220,00 is clawed back as Ground rental.

What I am trying to say is I don't think you are getting a complete picture of the Football Clubs or Joint Ventures financial positions by looking at the Leagues clubs annual report.

What it does seem to indicate is that the Leagues club may end up in a position where it can survive as a club without the Football club.

since77

Juniors
I think Kearney is just what they need. He is also the NZ coach.
He's one that will understand the culture and the needs of the Polynesian boys.

You didn't see the train wreck Parramatta was when Kearney was coach? It's saying a lot, but Kearney's worse than McGregor. What the Warriors need is a guy to come in and turn the joint's culture upside down, not one who is going to continue the Bro / touch footy culture.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
With the Eels Kearney had a 24% winning record and with the Kiwis 55%. Figures do not lie and why would you engage a coach who had a success rate of under 55%. I am sure that Brown will get the flick at the Knights next year as he seems to think that one win
per season is okay because he has a young team.

Sigurd

Juniors
With the Eels Kearney had a 24% winning record and with the Kiwis 55%. Figures do not lie and why would you engage a coach who had a success rate of under 55%. I am sure that Brown will get the flick at the Knights next year as he seems to think that one win
per season is okay because he has a young team.
It would be great to get Brown back and some kind of talent scout and working with the junior teams.

betcats

Referee
I may be reading to much into this but Fittler interviewed the Cleary's pregame and Ivans wife said some along the lines of "I dont how it will be when Ivan starts coaching" while answering a question about her nerves when watching Nathan play. Maybe its nothing but the way she said kind of had me feeling like his return was a decided thing.

Alec's-saints

Juniors
I may be reading to much into this but Fittler interviewed the Cleary's pregame and Ivans wife said some along the lines of "I dont how it will be when Ivan starts coaching" while answering a question about her nerves when watching Nathan play. Maybe its nothing but the way she said kind of had me feeling like his return was a decided thing.
seen that also

I had a few drinks with Ivan and his wife back in 2010 at the Titans v Roosters final match.

Both very nice people and Ivan has a very good footy brain. Although I was on the p!ss for about 8 hours before I chatted with him so who knows what he was actually saying.

Doust hurry up and get this done, we need him now.

corvettedragon

Juniors
You're right get2dachopper.
Fact.
Hasler on shaky grounds at the dogs. Big wigs at the club not happy at the moment. If we're going to get Cleary, hope it happens soon before the dirty dogs pounce

KiamaSaint

Coach
You're right get2dachopper.
Fact.
Hasler on shaky grounds at the dogs. Big wigs at the club not happy at the moment. If we're going to get Cleary, hope it happens soon before the dirty dogs pounce
If he delivers them Foran next year with Reynolds to hooker they look a different team.

RPG437

Juniors
I've read the reports that keep saying St George have no money, I've looked at the annual report of the Leagues club and I cannot get a clear picture of what the Football Clubs financial position is.

The Leagues club is asset rich (one asset really the land and building). I could not see any loan from the NRL which is mentioned in the media quite often, I assume this is in the Joint Venture accounts which is only returned in the Balance Sheet of the Leagues as the historical value of the equity (ie. it doesn't show the position of the Joint Venture). The purpose of the Leagues club is to promote Rugby League in the St George and other areas yet only $550,000 is provided to the Football club and $220,00 is clawed back as Ground rental.

What I am trying to say is I don't think you are getting a complete picture of the Football Clubs or Joint Ventures financial positions by looking at the Leagues clubs annual report.

What it does seem to indicate is that the Leagues club may end up in a position where it can survive as a club without the Football club.
The Leagues club is a mere shadow of the great Taj Mahal -poker machine den and a Chinese restaurant. To get organised we need to enlist experts who can get right into the fine details of both the finances and the corporate structure. Drill right down to the specific articles which dictate the formal process to challenge and remove Doust and the other 'untouchables'. Barking on social media and/or talkback radio has no effect.

Latest posts