What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ivan Cleary One Step Away from the Dragons!!

Sigurd

Juniors
Ok...(and apologies to those wanting to read about footy, but Ivan's not going to sign with us tonight anyway ).... so I'm intrigued Sigurd - why does a presumingly educated person living in 2016 with a world full of knowledge at their googling fingertips not believe the moon landing happened?

Really, I don't know where to start. The whole story from beginning to end is riddled with contradictions and things which make no scientific or common sense. I know: "There is no 'royal road' to science and if the essence of matters were always as they seemed, there would be no need for science at all." but in this case that goes both ways.

Apart from the fact that the powers that be want you to believe the moon landings were real, it would be much easier if you tell me why you think so. I can then address your points one by one if you like. And really, there are so many contradictions I can't right now think of any point you could make that I wouldn't be able to contradict. I'm sure an expert could point to this and that point but not the events, or non-events, as a whole.

BTW I never said I was especially well educated.

Of course it's worth noting that several years ago someone at NASA said something to end of: "Okay. We are going to shut you people up once and for all and point Hubble Space Telescope at the moon and see the places where they landed. The US flag will still be there (presumably no longer fluttering in the wind on the atmosphere-less moon) as will the footprints the astronots made.

That quietly went away.......... When continually asked about it NASA then changed the story to something to end of: "No. We don't want to pretend to legitimize these crazy peoples (a majority of the population in the most scientifically advanced countries) conspiracy theories."

Last edited:

Sigurd

Juniors
Have humans launched into space?

Is the space station a fraud as well?

Just curious.

Straight Shooter

Yes. The people on the moon landing missions were actually in earth orbit when they were supposed to be on the moon.
No. One can see it from the surface of the earth with a telescope and see it's light even without.

Gareth67

First Grade
[QUOTE="Sigurd,

BTW I never said I was especially well educated.[/QUOTE]

Yes , I can believe that !
As that is exactly what that mad fire-works bloke said , when the yanks asked him to make a pretty fire cracker for Japan , back in the 1940's . It had a much bigger bang to it than what he had expected .

" oops, sorry about that , but I never said that I was especially well educated " !

Last edited:

to_ddeath

Coach
Really, I don't know where to start. The whole story from beginning to end is riddled with contradictions and things which make no scientific or common sense. I know: "There is no 'royal road' to science and if the essence of matters were always as they seemed, there would be no need for science at all." but in this case that goes both ways.

Apart from the fact that the powers that be want you to believe the moon landings were real, it would be much easier if you tell me why you think so. I can then address your points one by one if you like. And really, there are so many contradictions I can't right now think of any point you could make that I wouldn't be able to contradict. I'm sure an expert could point to this and that point but not the events, or non-events, as a whole.

BTW I never said I was especially well educated.

Of course it's worth noting that several years ago someone at NASA said something to end of: "Okay. We are going to shut you people up once and for all and point Hubble Space Telescope at the moon and see the places where they landed. The US flag will still be there (presumably no longer fluttering in the wind on the atmosphere-less moon) as will the footprints the astronots made.

That quietly went away.......... When continually asked about it NASA then changed the story to something to end of: "No. We don't want to pretend to legitimize these crazy peoples (a majority of the population in the most scientifically advanced countries) conspiracy theories."

TL;DR

Sigurd

Juniors
Yes , I can believe that !
As that is exactly what that mad fire-works bloke said , when the yanks asked him to make a pretty fire cracker for Japan , back in the 1940's . It had a much bigger bang to it than what he had expected .

" oops, sorry about that , but I never said that I was especially well educated " !

So your basic premise is that Einstein and/or Oppenheimer weren't especially well educated? What is your level of education? You appear to revel in your own ignorance and stupidity.

Gareth67

First Grade
[QUOTE="Sigurd, What is your level of education.[/QUOTE]

My dearest SigTurd , I thought that I was on your Ignore - list ?
How wonderful it is to discover that is not the case , that you and I may continue to converse about , well just about anything that comes to our geniuses minds !

It is very hard for us to get our point of view across on this forum , for that matter any forum , as we are both so brilliant . And as you know , being brilliant is not something that anyone can teach you , it is a gift from the Gods given only to the chosen few !

As to my education , well people such as you and I never really required it - now did we ?
And those gentlemen that you mentioned earlier , well I certainly understand why they made the blunder that they did with the ' pretty fire- cracker ' , it was that they never had as good command of the Englisn language as you and I do .

But I must admit that you must feel so lonely in your cell , in the asylum , give me the address and I will pay you a visit , i will bring some chocolate and some of those wonderful space magazines for you . I can just imagine how excited you must be now .

So until then , try not to wet your pantys - and keep smiling !

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So I wonder when/if there will be an announcement on a new coach. If not Cleary, would people be happy with JD?

No new coach is going to be the instant messiah for us, be that Cleary, JD or anyone else.

The fact that we have had poor coaches for 5 yrs, a culture that has been ingrained in players, game plans that are/were ineffective and recruitment of mediocre players (in the main part). These things cannot be fixed "overnight". The first grade squad has had a focus on "D" now for almost 3 years.
A new coach would need to be able to firstly adjust the playing mentality of the players we have, which at the moment would be pretty low. Then start on pre-season fitness and conditioning. Lastly, then introduce new game plays/plans. All within a 3 month window before trials and the season proper starts. He would also have to make some tough decisions on players, who will play and what position they would play. Some will miss out and end up in the Cutters, which may be disappointing for some.

I think that any expectation for us to somehow be a powerhouse from game 1 next year would be fanciful to say the least. However, what I would be looking for is a change in the psyche of our players, game plays/plans that encourage free flowing and entertaining football, win, lose or draw. By mid season we should be able to get a clearer picture of how our long term future looks like. We may be lucky and everything clicks quickly, but I feel out current issues are very ingrained in our players.

Wether Cleary or JD is appointed as our head coach for next year, I can only say that we will be improved 100% on what we have now from day 1 and it's sad to assume 100% of what we have now we only see us with a relatively small increase initially in our performances. If McGregor survives as coach, we will only be considered as 1 of the favourites for the wooden spoon as we will continue to fall backwards at an ever increasing rate and 100% of nothing is still nothing and McGregor has and produces nothing.

hazzbeen

Bench
No new coach is going to be the instant messiah for us, be that Cleary, JD or anyone else.

The fact that we have had poor coaches for 5 yrs, a culture that has been ingrained in players, game plans that are/were ineffective and recruitment of mediocre players (in the main part). These things cannot be fixed "overnight". The first grade squad has had a focus on "D" now for almost 3 years.
A new coach would need to be able to firstly adjust the playing mentality of the players we have, which at the moment would be pretty low. Then start on pre-season fitness and conditioning. Lastly, then introduce new game plays/plans. All within a 3 month window before trials and the season proper starts. He would also have to make some tough decisions on players, who will play and what position they would play. Some will miss out and end up in the Cutters, which may be disappointing for some.

I think that any expectation for us to somehow be a powerhouse from game 1 next year would be fanciful to say the least. However, what I would be looking for is a change in the psyche of our players, game plays/plans that encourage free flowing and entertaining football, win, lose or draw. By mid season we should be able to get a clearer picture of how our long term future looks like. We may be lucky and everything clicks quickly, but I feel out current issues are very ingrained in our players.

Wether Cleary or JD is appointed as our head coach for next year, I can only say that we will be improved 100% on what we have now from day 1 and it's sad to assume 100% of what we have now we only see us with a relatively small increase initially in our performances. If McGregor survives as coach, we will only be considered as 1 of the favourites for the wooden spoon as we will continue to fall backwards at an ever increasing rate and 100% of nothing is still nothing and McGregor has and produces nothing.
All this it is not going to be an over night thing it will take time but we have to start heading in the right direction and not again waste time , it want happen if Mary is there.....

SaintHarry

Juniors
[QUOTE="Sigurd, What is your level of education.

My dearest SigTurd , I thought that I was on your Ignore - list ?
How wonderful it is to discover that is not the case , that you and I may continue to converse about , well just about anything that comes to our geniuses minds !

It is very hard for us to get our point of view across on this forum , for that matter any forum , as we are both so brilliant . And as you know , being brilliant is not something that anyone can teach you , it is a gift from the Gods given only to the chosen few !

As to my education , well people such as you and I never really required it - now did we ?
And those gentlemen that you mentioned earlier , well I certainly understand why they made the blunder that they did with the ' pretty fire- cracker ' , it was that they never had as good command of the Englisn language as you and I do .

But I must admit that you must feel so lonely in your cell , in the asylum , give me the address and I will pay you a visit , i will bring some chocolate and some of those wonderful space magazines for you . I can just imagine how excited you must be now .

So until then , try not to wet your pantys - and keep smiling ![/QUOTE]

I reckon if you two met you'd be best mates

getsmarty

Immortal

Agree...It will take time to undo Mary's Mess.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
All this it is not going to be an over night thing it will take time but we have to start heading in the right direction and not again waste time , it want happen if Mary is there.....

Agree, a decision on our coach for next year needs to be made as soon as the Cutters finish their GF tomorrow. I understand if they win the GF they still have another game, but the focus for them is winning tomorrow, the interstate clash is only a bonus really. I would expect an announcement as early as next week.

Hopefully, for all of us, Cleary and/or JD will be at the forefront.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Agree...It will take time to undo Mary's Mess.

Also, we are nearly at October, with pre-season starting in November, then Christmas/NewYear break and then back into it before 9's and trials, so not long to undo 5yrs (McGregor and Price years) of crap and turn things around in that time.

To answer your original Q, yes I would be happy with JD, he resume id sufficient enough to warrant an opportunity as our HC. Also, he has been here a year already and knows the players, which wouod be an advantage given the short time before 2017 begins.

seems to me boys you have all missed the point ivan cleary is to be the director of coaching with dear old mary still in charge of coaching under those circumstances nothing much is likely to change in the forseable future same shit different day and so says all of us

Gareth67

First Grade
[QUOTE="SaintHarry, ]

I reckon if you two met you'd be best mates[/QUOTE]

Saint Harry , I do thank you for pointing this out to me ,that is something that I do not wish for any amount of money ! I now realise just how much of my precious time I have wasted attempting to get him to use some common courtesy when communicating with the other members of this forum.

But no longer , so goodbye SigTurd , I do hope that one day you will finally grasp the need to present your point of view to people , without the need to be rude or for that matter , belittle them . We are after all , here to speak about Rugby League , the Dragons in particular .

SaintHarry

Juniors
[QUOTE="SaintHarry, ]

I reckon if you two met you'd be best mates

Saint Harry , I do thank you for pointing this out to me ,that is something that I do not wish for any amount of money ! I now realise just how much of my precious time I have wasted attempting to get him to use some common courtesy when communicating with the other members of this forum.

But no longer , so goodbye SigTurd , I do hope that one day you will finally grasp the need to present your point of view to people , without the need to be rude or for that matter , belittle them . We are after all , here to speak about Rugby League , the Dragons in particular .[/QUOTE]

I reckon he does it on purpose to get under our skin .. you cant be that stubborn

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Considering McGregor (in addition to Ben Creagh, the Youngs - Craig & Dean, and Ian Millward) was present watching the under 20s go around at the SFS yesterday, I severely doubt the Dragons will appoint Cleary (or any other individual) as its new coach.

Sorry, it just ain't going to happen.

In particular, Creagh was chatting to "Mary" as though they were best mates.

emu62

Juniors
Considering McGregor (in addition to Ben Creagh, the Youngs - Craig & Dean, and Ian Millward) was present watching the under 20s go around at the SFS yesterday, I severely doubt the Dragons will appoint Cleary (or any other individual) as its new coach.

Sorry, it just ain't going to happen.

In particular, Creagh was chatting to "Mary" as though they were best mates.

Hopefully both discussing - life in retirement from football