What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ivan Cleary One Step Away from the Dragons!!

TruSaint

Referee
[QUOTE="SaintHarry, ]

I reckon if you two met you'd be best mates

Saint Harry , I do thank you for pointing this out to me ,that is something that I do not wish for any amount of money ! I now realise just how much of my precious time I have wasted attempting to get him to use some common courtesy when communicating with the other members of this forum.

But no longer , so goodbye SigTurd , I do hope that one day you will finally grasp the need to present your point of view to people , without the need to be rude or for that matter , belittle them . We are after all , here to speak about Rugby League , the Dragons in particular .[/QUOTE]

Great post and well said. Your last sentence says it all IMHO.

blacksafake

First Grade
I doubt anything would be announced this week. This week should be all about the GF and the teams playing. It would be selfish of any other club to announce major news this week.
Not so sure about this. Would not put it past the club to announce McGregor gets an extension. This way with all the grand final news around it hardly creates a ripple.

I doubt anything would be announced this week. This week should be all about the GF and the teams playing. It would be selfish of any other club to announce major news this week.
Best time to announce it with all the other stuff deflecting the attention

Sigurd

Juniors
It just seems like they are prolonging it more and more. Preparing to not to announce anything at all.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
After this week we should hear something I reckon as they still have Cutters playing in the GF and if JD is in the mix for the gig they are waiting till it's over not to ruin any prep work for a huge game ahead.

Watching the Cutters win on Sunday and the way the players were hugging him and his reactions made it look like he has a lot of respect from the players and they love playing for him. If Saints don't offer him the gig or a step up to what he is doing then I am sure someone else will.

Old Timer

Coach
No amount of wishful thinking is going to hurry any of the issues that are related to club appointments or board movements.
The season is still alive for the Cutters and the awards night needs to be finalised under the current and existing arrangements.
Issues will be evident both on the clubs side as well as any potential appointee and these will only be finalised after all matters are negotiated in full.
No announcement to date indicates nothing other than no announcement and nothing should be read into that.
The time frame for announcements may in fact take up until just prior to pre season training as player movements may also play an integral part on the decision making process of a any potential new coaching appointments.
Stay calm everyone and remain positive we will have more than enough time to vent our spleens if need be.

denis preston

First Grade
Just hope common sense prevails. The board cant be be that stupid particularly if they sense supporter pressure that they will have to answer to and be called out on.

FlameThrower

Bench
Just hope common sense prevails. The board cant be be that stupid particularly if they sense supporter pressure that they will have to answer to and be called out on.
Social media rants have subsided / official season is over....I'm sorry to say it, but I don't trust the Board to do what is needed. They learnt nothing after the Price fiasco and then repeated it signing Mary Rookie to 3 year deal. Everyone knows where we are and what we need....everyone except the Board.

I can't believe a decision has not been made on the coaching front. It's exasperating.

And any recruitment and general planning for next year requires this to be an absolute priority. Should have happened already.

Straight Shooter

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Wishlist priorities.

1. Cleary
2. Carney
3. Any of the following: Evans, Vaughan, Korbin or Hastings.
4. That somehow the Eels f**k up the Hunt negotiations and we get him.

Old Timer

Coach
I can't believe a decision has not been made on the coaching front. It's exasperating.

And any recruitment and general planning for next year requires this to be an absolute priority. Should have happened already.

Straight Shooter
OV
There is nothing to say that a decision hasn't been made it might all just be a case of timing.
I think sometimes we are too critical or too expectant of things happening within our perceived timeframes.
Lets all just wait little bit longer and see what eventuates and if it is not to our liking then everyone can rethink their position.