What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Bird

redVinme

Juniors
I'd be happy if this happened. Birdy should be coming into his prime but I'm afraid his prime was at the sharks. He tries hard but is not big enough to play edge and to slow to play elsewhere. We can dodge a bullet here I feel. If much rather pay Spencer leniu $550k. Or Talakai/nanai. All avail after Nov 1

st.phil

Bench
Shit or get off the put birdy…

for mine burns is a better player and for the cash he is after chase mattison , Crichton, Takeyaho (sic)

possm

Coach
Well, I was fooled as well, I thought Bird's contract was extended as well. I say let him go. Then with the dollars we save from Sims 800k and Bird 550k, we can buy M Molo and a top-line edge forward.

I'm hoping Flannigan will be signed as head coach and then a bunch of 'good' players will be signed to play with Saints.

Dragon David

First Grade
and this -

If Bird is hedging his bets again pull the offer off the table Dragons retention people. He is not worth it in my opinion. This is becoming a circus and Bird is the clown trying to make us a laughing stock of the league.

Bird only cares for himself, which is fair enough, but come on we cannot be arsed about by him. Sign up or see you later. Come to think of it, don't sign up.

BLM01

First Grade
I thought his contract was finalised just a few weeks back. Let him go. Regardless of one’s views of his abilities, usefulness etc, I’m just tired of hearing about his wish to go / wish to stay.
Dont fall for the bait. After the headline the story that unfolded just got weaker and weaker. Cold feet, where was the cold feet?
The only reason it got to air, cause yes some issue with contract not signed on the dotted line.
Move on everybody, just another reason the media has given to bag him. Blame his manager for talking to the media..who probably just said we have not signed yet. That means he has cold feet ! 🤔

Last edited:

possm

Coach
And sign M MOLO to a decent contract
is going to be a real fan fave with the Drags faithful
I agree Michael Molo is a priority signing. Get him on a 3-year deal while he is affordable.

At least 3 of our props will be moving on at the end of this season so we need to replace them with decent players that can take the ball up strongly and defend the middle. Hetherington and Lodge are problem players who can do the job but are referee targets so, it is not such an easy decision with these two. However, we do need more aggression in our squad.

BBTB

Juniors
I'd be happy if this happened. Birdy should be coming into his prime but I'm afraid his prime was at the sharks. He tries hard but is not big enough to play edge and to slow to play elsewhere. We can dodge a bullet here I feel. If much rather pay Spencer leniu $550k. Or Talakai/nanai. All avail after Nov 1
Bird is way past it. Makes to many mistakes, particularly in defence. His attacking abilities are not much better.
When SU'A comes back it'll be time to say "bye bye Birdie,"
Back to the bench.

Dragon David

First Grade
Big Rig has said in the Rumours thread that Jack Bird has officially signed with us on a 2 year deal. I've added it to this thread.

Latest posts