What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Bosden

Inferno

Coach
Why would you, the Sharks website rarely gets updated, and why would the media be interested on reporting on a lower grader quittting who hasn't even cracked first grade?

Snorkleburger

Juniors
Unfortunately Jack has decided to have a break from footy............quite dissapointing that this has happened .........even more dissapointing that it took the welfare officer from the Sharks over a week to phone him...........Jack is a fine young man with great parents I'm sure the correct decision will be made soon

spider

Coach
if it was jacks decision to take a break from footy - then why is it disappointing that it took a week for the welfare officer to call?

Snorkleburger

Juniors
Don't you think someone should be talking to the player (who just happens to be last season's Toyota Cup player of the year) and I presume is very in the thinking as a future 1st grader, as soon as there is an issue..........let alone an issue where a 19/20 year old young man wants to walk away...........shouldn't have been 7 hours let alone 7 days!!!

carinashark

First Grade
The issue with a lot of supporters might be the clubs responce , or the lateness of it. Its not like its that far away from season kickoff.

carinashark

First Grade
We will be still around mate and poor Jack will be watching it on TV , thinking what might have been.

Ausguy

Coach
no we wont.... read the forums mate everyone knows it and cos they wrote it here and in the tele its gospel. all of it tells ya.

spider

Coach
Don't you think someone should be talking to the player (who just happens to be last season's Toyota Cup player of the year) and I presume is very in the thinking as a future 1st grader, as soon as there is an issue..........let alone an issue where a 19/20 year old young man wants to walk away...........shouldn't have been 7 hours let alone 7 days!!!

i dont think the welfare officer would be the first point of contact when jack decided to pack up?

that job title can be a little mis-leading imo

i do find it odd that suddenly jack bosden chose not to play anymore - why would he do that?

Snorkleburger

Juniors
I'm as dissapointed as anyone about Jack's decision to stop playing, (19/20 year old young men, can be very up and down) for many reasons........time will tell if he changes his mind or not....................what I'm saying is it took over a week for ANYONE from the Sharks , (coaches, managers included) to make any contact with him........I expect the club to be a lot more professional and quick to react than what they did.

spider

Coach
Are you trying to tell us something Spider?
nah PJ - i just find it odd

what I'm saying is it took over a week for ANYONE from the Sharks , (coaches, managers included) to make any contact with him........I expect the club to be a lot more professional and quick to react than what they did.

i see what you're saying SB - but its after the fact of jack bosden saying he didnt want to play anymore which is a direct reflection of his mental attitude at the current time

either it was to attract attention or there may be more to the decision than we may understand or know

and i agree that he has a load of potential - but if he is not committed mentally, then he or any other player certainly wouldn't be physically

so whether or not the coaches, managers, etc had called earlier, probably would not have an influence on his mental attitude once he made the decision, because if it did then i would think my second point maybe close to the mark