What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Cogger

Woody90

Juniors
Im so glad we didn’t use any of the money we forked out for Jenkins and Cogger on bolstering our offer to extend Dom Young. That would have been a nightmare if we’d have kept Young and not snagged those two

I agree with your point in hindsight but Dom’s kind of turned to shit…or very inconsistent at the very least.

Last edited:

Old dog

Bench
Have been a bit disappointed in some of our recent buys.
Cogger has been disappointing but at his purchase time have to admit we needed a backup with little or no alternative.
Jenkins, still not sure why, gut reaction to loss of Young but we had alternatives such as Tuala or Gags to wing with Lucas to centre.
Based on Cogger and Jenkins let wait and see re Schiller, what happens if he turns out the same and we have them for a few years. Is Schiller better than say Tuala or Moceidreke, even Myers, McCarthy etc.
We are not bringing our youngsters on

Woody90

Juniors
Is Schiller better than say Tuala or Moceidreke, even Myers, McCarthy etc.
We are not bringing our youngsters on

Depends on what you mean by “better”. He’s significantly faster than all those mentioned but has a few more errors than Tuala. Not the best defensively from what I’ve seen but Myers and McCarthy were absolutely destroyed defensively on the weekend in Cup.

PhilGould

Bench
Only one who I'd be factoring in to future plans is McCarthy and that would be as a backup centre/winger and see how he goes when given chances, not pencilling him straight in for first grade and making plans around that. Tuala might stick around but shouldn't be in the top 17. Wouldn't put any money on Myers/Moceidreke being here next season, at least not on NRL contracts.

Tuala might stick around but shouldn't be in the top 17. Wouldn't put any money on Myers/Moceidreke being here next season, at least not on NRL contracts.
hopefully the same can be said for a number of players in the roster. Doesn't need a rebuild but a broom put through some that arent living up to at least their pay grade.

perverse

Referee
I was gutted that he left Penrith, perfect at the back-up roll.

But the Panthers have worked him over today…
Mate, the success of him in your team is more a testament to your systems, players and culture there at the Panthers. He is and always was a spud. You're free to take him back.

Mate, the success of him in your team is more a testament to your systems, players and culture there at the Panthers. He is and always was a spud. You're free to take him back.
I was gutted at the time, but the combination of Schneider and Cole gives us a similar player this year, and the chance to build for the future.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Cogger is the same player he was when Connor Watson was playing outside him.

It’s a bonus we weren’t paying his freight for 5 years. But then…

Woody90

Juniors
What's frustrating is if Gamble was there today, we probably would have won. It's like we were playing with one half

I think it would have been better if he was just invisible and we were playing with one half. He had a significant negative impact on the scoreline.

For me his worst play was the complete lack of urgency to jump on the ball when Gags was going into touch. As Knights fans we have a lot of patience for just untalented players, but not even showing effort (especially when the rest of the squad is really trying) is what I can’t handle.

Latest posts