What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Cogger

Woody90

Juniors
I initially wasn’t keen on Pryce being picked based off his cup form, but I’ve completely changed my mind. I just can’t handle another game of Cogger in FG, and we’ve had some real duds in the past.

I’m fully expecting AOB will stick with Cogger, but to me you won’t get a better time to blood Pryce:
- He’s had a couple of really good games in cup recently.
- Cogger is completely unselectable.
- We have the bye so he has more time to train with the team.
- Enough time to get his Dad and family out here.
- Our seasons done so he doesn’t have the pressure of coming in and ruining that.
- Most of the team aren’t playing that badly so it’s not like we’re feeding him to the wolves

To me it makes complete sense but I just can’t see AOB doing it.

aqua_duck

Coach
Cogger is sooooo bad, he’s as bad now as he was at Canterbury, I would literally trade him for Brock Lamb right now who last I heard was playing for the Maitland Pickers.

Apey

Staff member
Cogger is sooooo bad, he’s as bad now as he was at Canterbury, I would literally trade him for Brock Lamb right now who last I heard was playing for the Maitland Pickers.
Lamb's injured unfortunately...

Old dog

Bench
We are missing Gamble he may be ugly but as a player he is more handsome than Cogger and adds enthusiasm which is needed in our halves

We are missing Gamble he may be ugly but as a player he is more handsome than Cogger and adds enthusiasm which is needed in our halves
unfortunately for the Knights 1 is a Cup player and the other fringe first grade. We are not winning a comp with either.

I initially wasn’t keen on Pryce being picked based off his cup form, but I’ve completely changed my mind. I just can’t handle another game of Cogger in FG, and we’ve had some real duds in the past.

I’m fully expecting AOB will stick with Cogger, but to me you won’t get a better time to blood Pryce:
- He’s had a couple of really good games in cup recently.
- Cogger is completely unselectable.
- We have the bye so he has more time to train with the team.
- Enough time to get his Dad and family out here.
- Our seasons done so he doesn’t have the pressure of coming in and ruining that.
- Most of the team aren’t playing that badly so it’s not like we’re feeding him to the wolves

To me it makes complete sense but I just can’t see AOB doing it.

Didn't Pryce and Jacko have a bit of a dust up at training a couple of months ago? Maybe that's why AOB is refusing to pick him 🤷

Rod

Bench
Obviously I don't know but I doubt it. Unless it was full on haymakers, the media/public thinks player dustups are a much bigger deal than they normally are. They're almost inevitable in environments like that.

Also it more be more surprising if there were guys on the squad who Hastings *hadn't* pissed off at some point.

ryan.a87

Juniors
The played together when Hastings was dropped to cup (and cogger picked over him, big lol)……from memory they put on 50 points or so

Woody90

Juniors
Didn't Pryce and Jacko have a bit of a dust up at training a couple of months ago? Maybe that's why AOB is refusing to pick him 🤷

I dunno but I feel like this is a professional sport and if they’re the 2 best options they need to be able to work together.

Also I don’t think it was a huge deal, especially when you consider Hastings has bust ups with everyone.

I agreed with AOB not picking Pryce earlier (the people calling for his selection, I wonder if they’d actually watched him play) but the situations changed now. It’s less about bringing Pryce in and more about getting Cogger out. Id also be fine with Crossland or Sharpe getting and run at 6.

perverse

Referee
I feel so bad for him.

Seems like a nice guy, came back to help lead his boyhood club.

They know when they aren't performing.

Oh yeah of course they know, and I do have a spot of sympathy for him too. He took a chance and believed in himself that he could beat out our current half options and find a first grade spot.

Sadly, our club was stupid enough to believe that was viable too. It's honestly not on Jack that this situation has come about. I hope he doesn't read socials, but I'm sure they all have a peek.

Knight Tales

Bench
I have sympathy for any player who fails to become what they thought they were. I know there are deeply cynical people who follow this game and even in This forum. However I also understand that the scars of following the mediocrity of this place run deep.
Cogger is simply unable to stamp any form
of authority on field. Never has been able to. I see him leaving for Superleague potentially. O’Sullivan is here to broom the place. Cogger will be one of several who can see the writing on the wall.

perverse

Referee
Jeez I hope they only intended him to be a depth signing.

If Cogger was signed to be anything else then the person responsible needs to have their position at the club reviewed.

Cogger is, was, and always will be a fringe first grader.
I would say he was recruited as backup/3rd option, but expected that he would put pressure on the incumbents too.