What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jackson Hastings

I'm Sorry, Missed Jackson

• Total voters
He didn't want to go there because they had Prince and Marshall as their halves and why should he go there now when he has no interest in doing so. He saw a better opportunity at the Roosters and also did not want the extra pressure of having to live up to his fathers name. Wayne was actually supportive of Mitchell coming to the Roosters for the same reason.

Yeah, for some strange reason it seems everyone wants to go the Roosters? Why could that be? Hmmm.....

Father Ted

First Grade
so whats the story? did we lose him?

Dunno but the Mole in League week today was interesting for this insight

St.George Illawarra have been Criticised for being slow in the marketplace in recent seasons, and I can reveal why. Coach Steve Price head of recruitment Craig Young and CEO Peter Doust are forbidden from signing player contracts without approval from the board . The strict policy can delay negotiations by a couple of days - A crucial period whan a number of clubs are chasing the same player. Clubs like the Roosters give Coach Trent Robinson and recruitment man Peter O'Sullivan a free rein, enabling them to strike fast.

O'Sullivan seems to have avoided the Melbourne fall out well it seems.

TheRev

Coach
Dunno but the Mole in League week today was interesting for this insight

St.George Illawarra have been Criticised for being slow in the marketplace in recent seasons, and I can reveal why. Coach Steve Price head of recruitment Craig Young and CEO Peter Doust are forbidden from signing player contracts without approval from the board . The strict policy can delay negotiations by a couple of days - A crucial period whan a number of clubs are chasing the same player. Clubs like the Roosters give Coach Trent Robinson and recruitment man Peter O'Sullivan a free rein, enabling them to strike fast.

O'Sullivan seems to have avoided the Melbourne fall out well it seems.
Yikes really? Tragic.. we have been pipped a couple of times, we only got Dugan because literally the only other contendor showed him the door.

Now were understanding the organic policy a little better.

Yikes really? Tragic.. we have been pipped a couple of times, we only got Dugan because literally the only other contendor showed him the door.

Now were understanding the organic policy a little better.

Geez, that's alot of board meetings to have to convene. Or do they do them in Batch.

No wonder we are behind.

dragondonar1

Juniors
Apparently according to our newest member and friend hastings will decide next week if he is going to the rorters or staying with us. Mathew johns eat shit. This is in dt about australian school boys.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Apparently according to our newest member and friend hastings will decide next week if he is going to the rorters or staying with us. Mathew johns eat shit. This is in dt about australian school boys.

He was always waiting until after the schoolboys carnival to make his announcement, doesn't mean the decision hasn't already been made.

mickeylane

Bench
if we are still a chance I cant see why we cant throw the kid up against Williams next year for the no 7 jersey...! Promise him an equal chance to secure a first grade jersey!

IMO Hastings is potentially the best halfback I have seen at his age since Peter Sterling....hes scheming, oozes confidence, kicks goals, great short and long pass and has zip.....also doesnt mind a tackle..

By the time hes 21 he could be anything.....has more chance at Dragons of blossoming than the Roosters behind the SOO halves ....

I would not hesitate offering the kid $1m 3 year contract....piss off
K Stanley whos a crock and made out of tissue paper.....he takes up $200,000 a year of our cap...

Im pretty sure im hearing that Roosters offered a family payment to be made to his mum each year which would be included in his contract..
ie: Player gets $200K and the mum gets $100K - it was his way of looking after his mum whos in a bit of financial trouble....I think thats quite innovative if its true...

There has to be a way that we can secure this player!! hes a gun and hes ours right now..

The last time we let a player like this go I remember his name was:
GORDON TALLIS!

Minh

First Grade
Tallis was always going to leave, we were no chance of retaining him. Some players you have a chance others you just don't I guess.

nrlnrl

First Grade
yep, we shouldn't blame Peter Doust when it's official that Hastings is leaving for the Roosters. ( no I'm not going from what was said on the Matt Johns' Show ). It's from someone who knows his manager.

Father Ted

First Grade
Tallis was always going to leave, we were no chance of retaining him. Some players you have a chance others you just don't I guess.

Tallas actually was'nt Minh or so I'm told.. He left during the Superleague war because when the Auction was on between the two comps Gus Gould who was one of the guys signing Packer cheques allegedly said that Tallas was only a bench player and wanted to pay him as such..Tallas was pissed off and then he decided to go. In the End he told the club he was going to fly up and see family but really went and signed with the ponys.. I remember Danny Robinson telling me that he was personally pretty cut up as the club had thrown him a birthday party at their expense and he went off and did that..

Minh

First Grade
Tallas actually was'nt Minh or so I'm told.. He left during the Superleague war because when the Auction was on between the two comps Gus Gould who was one of the guys signing Packer cheques allegedly said that Tallas was only a bench player and wanted to pay him as such..Tallas was pissed off and then he decided to go. In the End he told the club he was going to fly up and see family but really went and signed with the ponys.. I remember Danny Robinson telling me that he was personally pretty cut up as the club had thrown him a birthday party at their expense and he went off and did that..

Geez thanks for that inside info Father Ted, Tallis only a bench player lol at Gould for that assessment. Massive loss at the time but we had a young Lance Thompson coming through with big raps on him but he never quite reached the heights of Tallis, what a shame how all that went down.

Penguin

Juniors
Tallis said the other night on the Matty Johns show that he always dreamed of being a Bronco...from the moment the team was formed in '88 or whatever.... I think the rest is just circumstances...

Father Ted

First Grade
Tallis said the other night on the Matty Johns show that he always dreamed of being a Bronco...from the moment the team was formed in '88 or whatever.... I think the rest is just circumstances...

Gordon Tallis and Rod Reddy .. Would you buy a car from either?

Latest posts