What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jackson Hastings

I'm Sorry, Missed Jackson

• Total voters

Ribs

Bench
I'd say the Roosters should be able to offer him 500K a season easily.

Lets face it, they offloaded Anasta and used those funds to buy:

James Maloney, Sonny Bill Williams, Luke O'Donnell, Michael Jennings and extend the contract of Mitchell Pearce!

They are just very good at it, of course taking no notice of the cap and having Schubert there to help Politis fill the paper bags sure helps but hey kudos to them.......

Coffs dragon

Bench
Just reported on talkin sports 2SM that Hastings is in Politis office today being signed by the Roosters. Sounds like he's following in his fathers path.

TheRev

Coach
Just reported on talkin sports 2SM that Hastings is in Politis office today being signed by the Roosters. Sounds like he's following in his fathers path.
Only way I can understand is if they are offering us someone else in return, unless Hastings really wants out, but hes only just started.

Not a lot of juniors we need to keep frankly so im surprised that the Roosters could offer any more than we would offer.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Only way I can understand is if they are offering us someone else in return, unless Hastings really wants out, but hes only just started.

Not a lot of juniors we need to keep frankly so im surprised that the Roosters could offer any more than we would offer.

Maybe they offered him the opportunity to be properly coached rather than wait for Half-Price coach to destroy his confidence and career.

twinkletoes

Juniors

Its not all about money...its about being part of a successful club where you'll be given opportunites

slipperykinchela

First Grade

Sam Ayoub,like a lot of player managers, can't cop Craig Young. As the club is punting Soward the relationship is only going to get worse.

Taking Hastings away from us would be an act of revenge

nrlnrl

First Grade
Sam Ayoub,like a lot of player managers, can't cop Craig Young. As the club is punting Soward the relationship is only going to get worse.

Taking Hastings away from us would be an act of revenge

That sounds logical & follows the Dragons method of being loyal to the point that it hurts the club. They don't know how to thank a long serving person for their services but explain that it's better for the club to make a change. I realise that sounds harsh, but think about the recent attitude to younger players & older players ( also throw in officials ).

Nathan Fien & Matt Cooper should've retired after last year. Craig Young seems to be unpopular among player managers & might've been a major reason why we missed out on Michael Jennings. His name has been mentioned often when people ask why the Dragons didn't land players they were after.

Sure there was bad luck with Kyle Stanley, but because of continually missing out on major targets & not bringing the right juniors through ( by talent recognition along with some luck - some stars at schoolboy level just don't have it at senior level ) we are now looking for any halfback that wants to play first grade. ( that isn't good enough at his current club or doesn't fit the plans of the coach )

We seem to be the most reluctant club at giving younger players ( most of them juniors ) a go & seem to prefer "keeping them in cotton wool" for fear of harming them. This sums up some of society's approach to kids / younger people who don't want to expose them to something they're not ready for as it'll damage them mentally.

I understand there needs to be a balance of youth & experience for several reasons, plus it avoids the players all becoming too old at the same time ( like the Aussie cricket team has a few times recently )

Last edited:

TALENted

Juniors
That sounds logical & follows the Dragons method of being loyal to the point that it hurts the club. They don't know how to thank a long serving person for their services but explain that it's better for the club to make a change. I realise that sounds harsh, but think about the recent attitude to younger players & older players ( also throw in officials ).

Nathan Fien & Matt Cooper should've retired after last year. Craig Young seems to be unpopular among player managers & might've been a major reason why we missed out on Michael Jennings. His name has been mentioned often when people ask why the Dragons didn't land players they were after.

Sure there was bad luck with Kyle Stanley, but because of continually missing out on major targets & not bringing the right juniors through ( by talent recognition along with some luck - some stars at schoolboy level just don't have it at senior level ) we are now looking for any halfback that wants to play first grade. ( that isn't good enough at his current club or doesn't fit the plans of the coach )

We seem to be the most reluctant club at giving younger players ( most of them juniors ) a go & seem to prefer "keeping them in cotton wool" for fear of harming them. This sums up some of society's approach to kids / younger people who don't want to expose them to something they're not ready for as it'll damage them mentally.

I understand there needs to be a balance of youth & experience for several reasons, plus it avoids the players all becoming too old at the same time ( like the Aussie cricket team has a few times recently )

All our jnrs should leave 1 for opportunity and 2 to play under a coach

Joey_dragons

Juniors
If Hastings is going to the roosters you can't blame him because he will never get a go at the dragons under price. Price is anti bringing up young players. Price I think was a clown before he did coaching as he likes juggling players around in different positions and hope for the best

Father Ted

First Grade
That and he is a kid. You aren't going to throw $350K/season at an 18 year old.

Why not? who dares wins It's not like we're overflowing with talent right now. And halfbacks don't come cheap . Why not roll the dice on a kid who might end up an out and out champion?

possm

Coach
Under a smart coach the kid could be a sensation. Trouble is that he needs a smart coach with good game plans to give him the necessary confidence to shine in the NRL.

TheRev

Coach
I hope the StGeorge brand damage is not as bad as some are making out.. and I hope we can retain the kid cause god knows we are overdue for a superstar.

But absolutely there is a club momentum with winning (& losing), which is again why im so annoyed we didnt jump on the coaching and roster issues early last year, either via recruiting or blooding our juniors.. because here we are as I predicted 12 months later having the same exact discussions as was apparent last year, and it feels like we have only just started the process of digging ourselves out now.

Father Ted

First Grade
No way in hell will he get $350k, not even half of that.

I am not the one who pulled 350 k out the air . But I am the one saying you don't win to many games without a good half. Indeed all our best juniors should be signed ASAP remember Organic growth . BTW it's this very conservative thinking that is at the core of where we are this year with our club and our coach imo . We are a club more concerned with not losing than we are with winning and thats a very dangerous mind set. We select the same players with the same lack of tactics week in week out with the same result and then the denial sets in and we get told that the effort is there. I'm starting to get concerned this siege mentality/denial may linger for years . Lets be brave and change the equasion the sooner the better.. Just my opinion..

nontime111

Juniors
Please dont knock Chock Mundine!! Hes a total DRAGONS legend and him and Tingha were the most attacking and exciting players for us the last 20 years! HE made Fittler and Johns all look like idiots, dont blame him fro leaving! You heard the man say it was the racists in the NSWRL who refised to ever pick him in origin at 5/8 even though he carved up ALL opposition...look at us know...No attack, except Koorie brother Sowie and look what they did to him still fuming!

Country Dragon

Juniors
Please dont knock Chock Mundine!! Hes a total DRAGONS legend and him and Tingha were the most attacking and exciting players for us the last 20 years! HE made Fittler and Johns all look like idiots, dont blame him fro leaving! You heard the man say it was the racists in the NSWRL who refised to ever pick him in origin at 5/8 even though he carved up ALL opposition...look at us know...No attack, except Koorie brother Sowie and look what they did to him still fuming!
Fittler and Johns will both be remembered for being far greater footballers than Mundine and rightly so.
I can't recall seeing either of those two losing their team a grand final from just being so self-centred.
Also you're post does seem to have a certain amount of racism attached to it!

Mr Red

First Grade
Hastings was spotted at moore park this week having lunch with nick politis and roosters coach chad robinson...dragons better not lose this kid....

SilentAssassin

Juniors
I've already accepted the fact he's going to leave for another club. I think it would be wise for him to stay however. He could possibly get a shot at the 7 in a couple of years if he develops like most think he will.

Latest posts