What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham.

Pro Dragons

Juniors
MMM announced tonight, that Dragons have offered Graham a 2 year deal plus a 1 year option.
I hope he signs, I don't think he is the type to take the money and just go through the motions. I think it would be a win win for our club and himself playing in our pack will give him a new lease of life and his passion would be contagious amongst our forwards.

Dragon for life

Juniors
Nate Myles doesn't suit the argument as he's been lackluster at club level for the past 5+ years and never reached similar heights as Graham has. Graham's been average this year in an extremely poor team with no gameplan, whilst also being plagued by injury. He'll look much better next year.

None of the forwards in our pack have gone backwards since joining the Red V and I see no difference here (Mary seems able to coach forwards but he can't coach our backs)
"No game plan", he should fit right in then!

I don't agree with this, I watched the game and Grahams work off the ball was outstanding. He was moving the entire time on the field, closing the inside, pressuring the kicker, chasing kicks, running as a decoy and getting a quick play the ball.

He wasn't making line breaks and fighting forward in tackles but there is more to being a front rower than just these things. A fast play the ball and all the effort plays (being there just in case, even if they are unnoticed) are even more important. These are the areas where I think he could be a great pick up for us.
Well said.
He's a players player.
If he comes to us, he'll be a fan favourite.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
MMM announced tonight, that Dragons have offered Graham a 2 year deal plus a 1 year option.
I hope he signs, I don't think he is the type to take the money and just go through the motions. I think it would be a win win for our club and himself playing in our pack will give him a new lease of life and his passion would be contagious amongst our forwards.

Isn't it curious the difference between various sources that claim Graham has ALREADY signed with SGI, and others such as this which say he has only been offered a contract.

I'd say with a fair amount of confidence that the longer this draws out, the more likely Graham will be somewhere else than the Dragons.

Not only do I have zero confidence in Doust/Millward, I can't see why any established player would want to play under McGregor's tutelage.

Como Connection

First Grade
Isn't it curious the difference between various sources that claim Graham has ALREADY signed with SGI, and others such as this which say he has only been offered a contract.

I'd say with a fair amount of confidence that the longer this draws out, the more likely Graham will be somewhere else than the Dragons.

Not only do I have zero confidence in Doust/Millward, I can't see why any established player would want to play under McGregor's tutelage.
Millward going ok in my opinion.
Trust he continues his good work.
CC

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Graham is the ultimate 'follow me' kind of player.
He is the type of bloke you'd love to line up alongside every week because you know, without a shadow of a doubt, he is going to work hard for you and pull you up with him.
That is the kind of player this club desperately needs, a real leader of the pack that will keep fighting all day long and will get right up you if you're falling behind.

Crush

Coach

Millward has done a fine job thus far, lets hope he locks down James Graham. 2018 will be looking promising.

Crush

Coach

Millward has done a fine job thus far, lets hope he locks down James Graham. 2018 will be looking promising.

Crush

Coach

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Millward has done a good job?

Really?

Dugan, Packer, anyone?

I believe he's doing a lousy job.

Where's Possm when I need him?

Brutalitops

Juniors

Really?

Dugan, Packer, anyone?

Dugan and Packer are not worth the price they are now being paid by other clubs. Millward is also the one who smartly identified the fullback position as one we don't need to panic and hit the market for.

I applaud Millward for not allowing us to be held ransom by players actually. Showed that maybe we can have some backbone as a club in the market.

Frank Facer

First Grade

Really?

Dugan, Packer, anyone?

Saint JimmyG.

Do you think that Milward should have matched Wests offer of 800K a season for 4 seasons for Packer? I certainly don't. I much prefer the idea of Graham at 500K a season then Packer for 800K. I would take Graham straight out over Packer.

As for Dugan. I am very happy that he did not take the 750K a year for 4 years that we offered him. Dugan is injury prone. We have some very good young backs coming through, who I believe will be better than Dugan in 2 years time. 750K a season for an injury prone centre is way too much in my opinion. Do you think that Milward should have given Dugan the million dollar a season contract that he was asking for? lol

I believe your 2 examples that Milward is doing a lousy job are actually examples of Milward doing a good job.

I think Milward is doing a fine job. I have been very critical of our recruitment in the past, but I am not critical of Milward at all.

Last edited:

Latest posts