What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham.

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
I have concerns as to the fitness of James Graham. This year especially.. I believe that the Dragons should give special attention to his health, before signing him. Not the player that he was in previous seasons.
Lanceloto_O

JDHD

Juniors
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Graham would be an excellent addition to our pack both as a starting prop and, more importantly, a mentoring role for our young forwards like Lawrie, Kerr, Host, Sele and Leilua.

However, I'd want him at the right price and the right length of time. If the reports are true that Graham will be on $1.1 million next year, I'd want the Dogs to pay at least $600k, preferably more, and the contract to be no more than 2 years, ideally with the second year as an option in our favour.

I'd also want that second year to be only a small amount more than the amount we'd be paying him that first year, maybe $100k extra. We have enough players around the $1m mark already.

Given all that, though, Graham brings a desire to win and a stupid amount of big game experience our team currently doesn't have. This is the first year that he'll miss the finals since he's been here and he played in seven grand finals, including six consecutive grand finals between 2006 and 2012.

Add to that the fact that Ian Millward was his coach at St Helens and he's mates with Gareth Widdop (which might mean he'd be able to take control of the leadership if Gaz is having one of his off days and not have it completely undermine Gaz's authority) and it's a pretty good signing if we can pull it off.

Last edited:

BringTheNoise

Juniors
As far as available props go Graham is probably the most suitable candidate to replace Packer IMO.

He brings leadership, experience, mongrel and ability.

I wouldn't go off this years form, Bulldogs as a collective have been woeful.

I'm pissed about losing Packer, but a Vaughan/Graham combination would go some way towards changing my feelings on that situation.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Graham would be an excellent addition to our pack both as a starting prop and, more importantly, a mentoring role for our young forwards like Lawrie, Kerr, Host, Sele and Leilua.

However, I'd want him at the right price and the right length of time. If the reports are true that Graham will be on $1.1 million next year, I'd want the Dogs to pay at least $600k, preferably more, and the contract to be no more than 2 years, ideally with the second year as an option in our favour.

I'd also want that second year to be only a small amount more than the amount we'd be paying him that first year, maybe $100k extra. We have enough players around the $1m mark already.

Given all that, though, Graham brings a desire to win and a stupid amount of big game experience our team currently doesn't have. This is the first year that he'll miss the finals since he's been here and he played in seven grand finals, including six consecutive grand finals between 2006 and 2012.

Add to that the fact that Ian Millward was his coach at St Helens and he's mates with Gareth Widdop (which might mean he'd be able to take control of the leadership if Gaz is having one of his off days and not have it completely undermine Gaz's authority) and it's a pretty good signing if we can pull it off.

JDHD
If the figures that I have heard are correct .
What we offered him.
Year 1 500k dogs pay 600k
2nd year 550k
3rd of 550k option in our favour.
It correct we will have got him very cheap.
He is a leader and would be great for our club.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If the Dragons sign Graham then Mary has no excuses if they don't make the finals next season. If they don't or look like they won't mid way through the season then see ya later alligator to Mary.

Neil Henry will be available by the looks of things to take over asap if they decide to flick Mary and give Neil the rest of the year to prove himself and earn a longer term contract. Prefer Demitriou but looks like no chance of him coming back due to Saints stupidity

That is how I would handle it if I was the man in charge.

St Georgio

Juniors
If the Dragons sign Graham then Mary has no excuses if they don't make the finals next season. If they don't or look like they won't mid way through the season then see ya later alligator to Mary.

Neil Henry will be available by the looks of things to take over asap if they decide to flick Mary and give Neil the rest of the year to prove himself and earn a longer term contract. Prefer Demitriou but looks like no chance of him coming back due to Saints stupidity

We should be optimistic we'll make the final this year and go closer to winning it next year.
Neil Henry is a must at our club as an assistant at least!

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Millward has done a good job?

Really?

Dugan, Packer, anyone?

I believe he's doing a lousy job.

Where's Possm when I need him?
the loss of DUGAN is actually exactly what we need.as far as .Packer is a little bit harder to replace ,but the fact is The Tigers paid way too much and Millard was wise in not going down that road.i say well done if we get the big pommie from the bullgrubs

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Saint JimmyG.

Do you think that Milward should have matched Wests offer of 800K a season for 4 seasons for Packer? I certainly don't. I much prefer the idea of Graham at 500K a season then Packer for 800K. I would take Graham straight out over Packer.

As for Dugan. I am very happy that he did not take the 750K a year for 4 years that we offered him. Dugan is injury prone. We have some very good young backs coming through, who I believe will be better than Dugan in 2 years time. 750K a season for an injury prone centre is way too much in my opinion. Do you think that Milward should have given Dugan the million dollar a season contract that he was asking for? lol

I believe your 2 examples that Milward is doing a lousy job are actually examples of Milward doing a good job.

I think Milward is doing a fine job. I have been very critical of our recruitment in the past, but I am not critical of Milward at all.

Woah is packer actually on 800k a season at the tigers? Talk about overs wowie. I wouldn't of given him more than 400k.

Dragsters

First Grade
We should be optimistic we'll make the final this year and go closer to winning it next year.
Neil Henry is a must at our club as an assistant at least!

Henry would be handy to have as assistant coach.

Seems like guys like him and Jason Taylor etc that ha e great footy smarts but struggle with the man management aspects can make great assistants.

Unfortunately for us, shrewder clubs will identify this and pounce on him most likely...

Honestly, why would you give McGregor another chance at all?
2015 - Woeful appointment in the first place - no other comment required.
2016 - Total disaster and one of the worst seasons of football this cub has ever produced.
Couldn't score a try to save ourselves playing "Dragons Footy".
2017 - Statistically much better than 2016 but still teetering on the edge of opting out of contention with a
recent W/L record of 5 and 15 and playing the same crap as last year with a distinctly better roster.
Massive failure and a waste of a season even if we scrape into the eight.

Please tell me honestly what, if any, are McGregor's redeeming features that would support him even starting 2018 as the coach of one of the most widely supported clubs in Rugby League?

Latest posts