What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Roberts

BennyV

Referee
Well for an article that doesnt make a single mention of Roberts, Broncos or signing news, youve done well to get there!

Edit: response to the Quinlan article

BennyV

Referee
Not talking about his influence over selectors, I think anyone playing under Bennett comes under the spotlight for SOO selection. Glenn Lazarus, Michael Devere, Chris Johns, Luke Priddis, Peter Wallace etc.

Blokes like Priddis and Wallace probably would have been lucky to get an opportunity if it wasn't for Bennett. Hell chuck Dean Young and Jamie Soward into that mix as well. I doubt Trent Merrin would have debuted as early as he did if it wasn't for the Bennett factor.

Fact is Roberts is already being thrown around as a potential bolter. Add Bennett to the mix and his odds shorten substantially.

I think that may have more to do with being a cog in a strong team. You can add Jamie Burher, Daniel Tupou, Josh Reynolds to the list.

V

Vasilevsky

If the Broncos sign Roberts it will perhaps irreversibly destroy the credibility of the salary-cap. The Bronocos poached Newcastle's marquee player and Canberra's marquee player. Now they are going to get Gold Coasts marquee player along with a lot of homegrown talent many clubs would be tripping over to sign already on the books?

Dragons on the hand are getting Farrell off the books along with supercoach Price's other marquee signing, Gerald Beale finally being off the books. The Grubs are without question paying a significant % of Lafai's contract and then if the club signed Roberts it would probably be the end for Aitken or Matautai (though I would prefer both stay before Mann and Lafai).

And then 'BrissyRedV' and some other morons would call Bennett, an enemy coach, 'a messiah' and etc for taking Brisbane to a premiership? His dismal failure at Newcastle shows that he needs the players just as much as any other coach.

The Nick

Bench
I think that may have more to do with being a cog in a strong team. You can add Jamie Burher, Daniel Tupou, Josh Reynolds to the list.

Agreed. And on that basis it still weighs heavily in favour of him being selected for NSW in 2016 if he signs with the Broncos.

Of course he should probably be selected regardless of where he plays, if he replicates his 2015 form. But the Bennett factor makes it more likely IMO.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Well 2 things for certain Roberts WILL get if he plays for Brisbane is a 7 day turn around most weeks and wont have to travel anywhere on Monday nights.......

ONPOINT

Juniors
Or the fact the 4 power house clubs roosters Broncos Souths and dogs don't miss because of their third party deals they are able to produce.

V

Vasilevsky

Or the fact the 4 power house clubs roosters Broncos Souths and dogs don't miss because of their third party deals they are able to produce.

Roosters and Souths have had to let go of many players including some of their marquee players like Luke and RTS. I think Bullgrubs and Broncos are the only clubs which flagrantly cheat the salary cap.

mxlegend99

Referee
Lol. Dragons had a strong recruitment drive for 2016 already and are upset that Broncos might get Roberts? Dragons have done better than most in recruitment lately.

Edit
Imagine being a Tigers or Titans supporter. That's a real reason to feel hard done by.

Lethal25

Juniors
Lol. Dragons had a strong recruitment drive for 2016 already and are upset that Broncos might get Roberts? Dragons have done better than most in recruitment lately.

Edit
Imagine being a Tigers or Titans supporter. That's a real reason to feel hard done by.

I think the Broncos get a pretty fair rub of the green in this competition.

Play Friday night almost every round. Are the only team in Brisbane. Have the most successful coach in the game. Reportedly can sign players to lower contracts based on all of this and the lure of the lifestyle in the sunshine state.

So yeah, if the Broncos sign Roberts I would feel aggreived

dragonsben

Juniors
Maybe we already have our bargain based "Roberts" in Milne or KFFL.

Lol are u kidding me? You are actually comparing KFFL to Roberts?

Roberts has apparently signed with Broncos even though they have no cap space left so expect to see them let go some players...

Really pissed off I think we really needed someone like him.

ONPOINT

Juniors
I mean it was announced a week ago Broncos had signed him they are just waiting for 10 day cooling off period, then 24 hours ago dragons were the fav. Now one article comes out that Bennett wants him which has been well known and it's a done deal? Confused to where people are getting all this info from.

willzy91

Juniors
Lol are u kidding me? You are actually comparing KFFL to Roberts?

Roberts has apparently signed with Broncos even though they have no cap space left so expect to see them let go some players...

Really pissed off I think we really needed someone like him.

Any source to confirm that he's signed?

Latest posts