What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Roberts

V

Vasilevsky

Who do you have in mind josh mcrone? Lol listen before you comment think about what your going to say first ... Who in your right mind has been a bigger signing since Wayne Bennett ?

Can't wait for this one.

Certainly not Widdop. Not Benji because of his age. Dugan may be.

V

Vasilevsky

Tyson Frizzell has been our biggest signing since Bennet... Even if we sign Roberts he will still be.

One could certainly argue he has turned out to be but when he was signed he was pretty much an unknown. On the subject, Thompson was also very good last year. Just that he spent a little too much time injured.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Who do you have in mind josh mcrone? Lol listen before you comment think about what your going to say first ... Who in your right mind has been a bigger signing since Wayne Bennett ?

Can't wait for this one.

Mose Mosoe of course!
199 cm
130 kg
Biggest singing in the NRL......... Next!

BigBoss

Juniors
Do we honestly have a fair chance of getting him though?

Who are the other contenders at this stage?

mmap dragons

Juniors
Do we honestly have a fair chance of getting him though?

Who are the other contenders at this stage?

Roberts? Yes. Donkies and Souffs are the other suitors.

Plenty of banter on JA and Twitter with old mate Gus Gould stirring things up on Twitter.

For mine, I'm hoping we land Roberts. Would be a great signing IMO.

Dragon66

Juniors
It's not over until the fat woman sings. (Whatever that means!)

Hopefully we will be soon be singing "O when the Saints go marching......" you know the rest.

Of course it's part of the game to be wined and dined by a club, that keeps the heat on the opposition.
but the fact he is selling himself as a fullback, and he would be great for us, means he will not be coming cheap, and no way will Uncle Wayne give him Darius's spot, so he will pay him like a centre.

We could win this one as long as we the available moola.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
It's not over until the fat woman sings. (Whatever that means!)

Hopefully we will be soon be singing "O when the Saints go marching......" you know the rest.

Of course it's part of the game to be wined and dined by a club, that keeps the heat on the opposition.
but the fact he is selling himself as a fullback, and he would be great for us, means he will not be coming cheap, and no way will Uncle Wayne give him Darius's spot, so he will pay him like a centre.

We could win this one as long as we the available moola.

As long as Wayne Bennet is the coach, Boyd would probably be happy to hand out the oranges at halftime.........If Brisbane want Roberts, they will find a way. We are not in that type of a position. Not yet anyway.

BennyV

Referee
As long as Wayne Bennet is the coach, Boyd would probably be happy to hand out the oranges at halftime.........If Brisbane want Roberts, they will find a way. We are not in that type of a position. Not yet anyway.

This. If it came down to it, Bennett would gladly relegate Boyd to the wing if Roberts at fullback made the team better.

I saying that, I'm not 100% that Roberts at fullback suits the Broncos. Considering the strengths of Milford and Hunt, Boyd fits perfectly at fullback and at his best, is very dangerous.

Dragon66

Juniors
This. If it came down to it, Bennett would gladly relegate Boyd to the wing if Roberts at fullback made the team better.

I saying that, I'm not 100% that Roberts at fullback suits the Broncos. Considering the strengths of Milford and Hunt, Boyd fits perfectly at fullback and at his best, is very dangerous.

Boyd at fullback also fits perfectly in the Wayne Bennett game plan. If the Broncs get Roberts I expect we will see him playing in the centres.

We have some advantages. A team on the rise. Living in Wollongong, so I'm sure the lifestyle will suit. Close to Sydney, but not Sydney, so they can be close to family. I'm optimistic.

Mary you're a smooth talker - do your stuff!

watatank

Coach
I think the Broncos would be happy for Roberts to sign as a replacement for Hodges but no way Boyd gets moved to accomodate Roberts IMO. Playing fullback should really be his aim because that's the best way to showcase his skills and be paid.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I wouldn't be shocked if you guys get Roberts.

Broncos definitely favourites.

Not ruling out Dragons, Souths or Manly though.

The Nick

Bench

Can't wait for this one.

Hmm let's see... Josh Dugan (NSW), Benji Marshall (International, Premiership Winner), Gareth Widdop (International, Premiership Winner) come to mind as bigger signings than a rookie with no rep or finals experience to his name.

Forget it as it will not happen.

Yeah ok, but only because you said so.

possm

Coach
Hmm let's see... Josh Dugan (NSW), Benji Marshall (International, Premiership Winner), Gareth Widdop (International, Premiership Winner) come to mind as bigger signings than a rookie with no rep or finals experience to his name.

If the decision for Roberts is between the Broncos and Dragons then it will come down to 4 main considerations;

Coach - Bennett wins this one
Position - Fullback Saints win this one
Money - With a WIN TV 3rd Party deal on offer this one is draw
Location - closeness to family and a beach side location Saints win this one

Saints win 2.5 to 1.5

Lethal25

Juniors
If the decision for Roberts is between the Broncos and Dragons then it will come down to 4 main considerations;

Coach - Bennett wins this one
Position - Fullback Saints win this one
Money - With a WIN TV 3rd Party deal on offer this one is draw
Location - closeness to family and a beach side location Saints win this one

Saints win 2.5 to 1.5

I share your optimism, let's hope it all falls into place

Cagey Mac

Bench
I'd be pointing out to Roberts that if he signs with Brisvegas, he's looking at being just up the road from a club fanbase that will hate him. He'll face confrontation and remarks when he's out etc. Not critical but significant nonetheless to a young fella.

V

Vasilevsky

It's a good point. So far he is merely a relatively young player with a lot of potential. Like the Stanley brothers and Cameron King.

Latest posts