What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Roberts

Big man

Juniors
Neither Mundine or Amos manage James. His uncle Jeremy Donovan is his manager and he wants him to go to a top 4 club. It's Souths deal almost done!

rainman44

Bench
Neither Mundine or Amos manage James. His uncle Jeremy Donovan is his manager and he wants him to go to a top 4 club. It's Souths deal almost done!

Only way he is going to souths is only if GI wants to go to the Broncos. Roberts is a gun but he is no GI.

Lethal25

Juniors

If this is true then how do Souths fit him under the cap when they can't even register the Burgess contract without releasing another player?

P.S. Souths didn't make the top 4 last season, in fact they were lucky to make the 8

BrissyRedV

Bench
If this is true then how do Souths fit him under the cap when they can't even register the Burgess contract without releasing another player?

P.S. Souths didn't make the top 4 last season, in fact they were lucky to make the 8

And won't make the 8 in 2016!

BennyV

Referee
According to Fairfax the Dragons are an excellent chance of signing Roberts.

A straight replacement for Farrell would be too good to be true but if someone else has to be released, who should it be? I vote against it being Matautai or Aitken.

I cant see either of those 2 being released, Aitken is obviously seen as a career dragon and Mata'utia would be up there in the pecking order, plus he one of the more versatile backs that we have.

Other than those 2, Dugan and Nightingale, I'd be willing to give up any of our backline options plus Farrell to sign Roberts.

denis preston

First Grade
Didn't Mata'utai want to play with his brothers a year back ?. Perhaps we are negotiating with Newcastle for this to happen.

bottle

Coach
Didn't Mata'utai want to play with his brothers a year back ?. Perhaps we are negotiating with Newcastle for this to happen.

I'm a big fan of Pete M, and in the absence of other options I'd prefer to see him as our starting Left Centre.
However, IF Lafai is across the line, and IF letting Pete go back to join his brothers meant we could snare Roberts as well, then I would be saying goodbye albeit with a modicum of sadness.

dungay dragon

Juniors
I'm a big fan of Pete M, and in the absence of other options I'd prefer to see him as our starting Left Centre.
However, IF Lafai is across the line, and IF letting Pete go back to join his brothers meant we could snare Roberts as well, then I would be saying goodbye albeit with a modicum of sadness.

Agree ;-)

barry

Bench
Wow just heard Adam Reynolds asked for a release to join the Titans which souths rejected.

If souths were going hard for Roberts I would of thought they would of let him go....
Interesting

Cagey Mac

Bench
Wow just heard Adam Reynolds asked for a release to join the Titans which souths rejected.

If souths were going hard for Roberts I would of thought they would of let him go....
Interesting

Souths winning without Reynolds is a big ask
Without Dylan Walker and Reynolds?

TheRev

First Grade
Reynolds runs that team, they could do without keary no probs, but they would flop if they lost Reynolds...some Souths fans don't seem to realise this, they reckon Souths should sack him for not being red & Green for life.. Def seems like coach issues.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Reynolds runs that team, they could do without keary no probs, but they would flop if they lost Reynolds...some Souths fans don't seem to realise this, they reckon Souths should sack him for not being red & Green for life.. Def seems like coach issues.

This. it's no coincidence souffs fell to shit against the dogs after he did his hammy in the prelim a few years back.

the_saints

Juniors
Reading that article says alit about the dragons pushing hard for Roberts which is a good thing we've got one thing over the other teams which is if he wants to play full back which seems obvious he could only do it at the dragons at this current time ... In my opinion and Iv had this feeling the club was waiting for Farrell to retire to see exactly where they stand and how much cap space they have .. People saying how do we have cap space left well it's simple .. Obrien .. Nutira.. Garvey .. Green.. Nubuli .. MERRIN ..MORRIS ..Harrison .. Hunt .. Jack bird .. Runciman .. Groat .. All gone!!! And now Farrell retiring merrin and Morris alone took up 1million dollars in the cap the rest would be on peanuts but add them together and you'll get a substantial amount and In my opinion a reckon out of the 3 teams going for Roberts I think no one can offer more than what dragons can ! Money and his preferred position plus playing next to players that'll make him look like his the next Greg Inglis and because the other 2 clubs are back paying Their players till 2017 how can they offer more than 2 years for Roberts .. We have nighty Benji and Ben creagh leaving next year imagine how much the cap space then ! Think about it which one of those teams can offer more ?

willzy91

Juniors
Reading that article says alit about the dragons pushing hard for Roberts which is a good thing we've got one thing over the other teams which is if he wants to play full back which seems obvious he could only do it at the dragons at this current time ... In my opinion and Iv had this feeling the club was waiting for Farrell to retire to see exactly where they stand and how much cap space they have .. People saying how do we have cap space left well it's simple .. Obrien .. Nutira.. Garvey .. Green.. Nubuli .. MERRIN ..MORRIS ..Harrison .. Hunt .. Jack bird .. Runciman .. Groat .. All gone!!! And now Farrell retiring merrin and Morris alone took up 1million dollars in the cap the rest would be on peanuts but add them together and you'll get a substantial amount and In my opinion a reckon out of the 3 teams going for Roberts I think no one can offer more than what dragons can ! Money and his preferred position plus playing next to players that'll make him look like his the next Greg Inglis and because the other 2 clubs are back paying Their players till 2017 how can they offer more than 2 years for Roberts .. We have nighty Benji and Ben creagh leaving next year imagine how much the cap space then ! Think about it which one of those teams can offer more ?

Totally agree!

ONPOINT

Juniors
Does anyone have any of the latest info regarding Roberts? I have a mate who is a journo pretty good with his info, he told me pretty much no to Roberts and the latest article that was posted in this thread (smh) was news to him.

Latest posts